Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Should we rest Jason Kidd the same way Greg Popovich rests his older players??

I mean according to the Daily News, Jason Kidd had an MRI done on his back. Our combo of Kidd and Felton has basically been the difference this season. If Kidd goes down for a long period of time (and for the playoffs), we're in trouble.

Should we be calling on Woodson to rest Kidd on certain days in order to be 100% for the playoffs?????

I for one would be for it. We're here to win a title, NOT to win a few extra games during the regular season. What Greg Popovich did in resting his three stars against Miami was the right move. He understands that there are games to be won in May and June, not so much in November and December.

Thoughts???

vCash
    Every now and then.

Kidds a smart guy, he knows when he needs time off and when hes good to go

Perfection

vCash
    Normal minor injuries throughout the season will take care of his rest.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    But once in a while, I think having a game off here and there is the right move without an injury. Plus Pablo Prigioni is the real deal, and can only benefit from playing an entire game while Kidd rests.

vCash
    I think Kidd is fine as ling as his minutes are down.

It's Chandler I'm worried about. He's one of the hardest working dudes in the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    I think Kidd is fine as ling as his minutes are down.

It's Chandler I'm worried about. He's one of the hardest working dudes in the NBA.
    Yep. This is why I thought we got Camby, and he must be injured more serious than we realize. I know no one wants to hear this, but I wonder with the redundancy that we have we might have to make the deadline type deal, for a solid backup.

In the end, I figure that Amare/Wallace will absorb the playing time that Camby would get. Losing Camby indefinitely, we will have to take a more offensive direction to the season. Not sure that's true playoff basketball. If Camby can't return or won't be relevant, we might have to make a deal for a backup C if he's out there.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    Yep. This is why I thought we got Camby, and he must be injured more serious than we realize. I know no one wants to hear this, but I wonder with the redundancy that we have we might have to make the deadline type deal, for a solid backup.

In the end, I figure that Amare/Wallace will absorb the playing time that Camby would get. Losing Camby indefinitely, we will have to take a more offensive direction to the season. Not sure that's true playoff basketball. If Camby can't return or won't be relevant, we might have to make a deal for a backup C if he's out there.
    A vet like Nazr Mohammed wood be nice right about now. But nobody expected Camby to be a non-factor at this point. It's gonna take a toll on him if Stat comes back and struggles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post

What are you not sure about?? Who is Boston's backup center? They don't have one. Miami doesn't have a center on their roster that they can play. The east is really small so playing Amare and Rasheed at the 5's for stretches isn't going to hurt one bit. Actually it's probable the way to go.

Out west they got a lot of big teams.

vCash
    Fewer minutes to go around when Shump gets back, too. I do love when Kidd and Felton are on the floor at the same time, though.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post
    Fewer minutes to go around when Shump gets back, too. I do love when Kidd and Felton are on the floor at the same time, though.
    That's the reason we're winning. Take Kidd out of that equation and we're in trouble. Resting him once in a while for a while game means rest for the playoffs. Plus I would like Pablo Prigioni go get a whole full game in. It can only do him good.

vCash
    we are deep enough to be fine for game or two.yes we should
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Tony parker is old??????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Tony parker is old??????
    In basketball terms...Yes he is. He's be in the nba for 11 years made the playoffs every single here. Played 823 reg season games with 125 post season games plus all the national team games has played in that span. Alot fo wire and tear on his body and he has been playing has a pro since he was 16... So he has been a prob ball player for 15 years already so yea he is old in basketball terms.
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    Later on in the season I would say yes we should rest him here and there. Kidd knows when he needs to take a break and I'm sure Woodson would honor when he let's him know that.

i7 3770k 16gb DDR3 GTX 780

vCash
    Of all our "older" players, Kidd is by far the most irreplaceable. SO YES, HE SHOULD BE RESTED WHENEVER POSSIBLE.

Camby, Rasheed, and Kurt can all come in for each other when one goes down, and we don't lose anything. We have old-man bigs depth!

However, with Kidd hurt, our level of play goes down. And our ability to go far without Kidd is not there.

WHY THE HELL WAS HE OUT THERE AT THE END OF THE GAME LAST NIGHT WHEN WE WERE UP 20???????

Great post - we need to limit Kidd to less than 24 minutes pg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast