Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    It's a buisness New York is still a high profile job in the NFL i don't think Norv Turner is gonna give a **** about what Rex said , Obviously the fact that we would want to hire him should show Norv (WTF kind of name is Norv by the way?) that we belive in him regardless of what Rex said.You act as if Rex said he was gonna kill Norv Turners children in there sleep, all he said was he would have 2 or 3 rings if he was the coach of the Chargers big deal i doubt Norv cares that much about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    It's a buisness New York is still a high profile job in the NFL i don't think Norv Turner is gonna give a **** about what Rex said , Obviously the fact that we would want to hire him should show Norv (WTF kind of name is Norv by the way?) that we belive in him regardless of what Rex said.You act as if Rex said he was gonna kill Norv Turners children in there sleep, all he said was he would have 2 or 3 rings if he was the coach of the Chargers big deal i doubt Norv cares that much about it
    Coaches don't have to love each other. They don't even have to like each other. They damn sure have to respect each other if they're going to be on the same page and succeed.

I don't know how Norv (yeah, seriously, what the hell kind of name is that for a grown man?) can possibly have a whole lot of respect for a man who basically called him a bad coach...especially when that man hasn't won anything himself.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You and I think differently; the locker room to me is still a mess with all the anonymous quotes; Bart Scott trying a media mutiny;etc.
    I am sorry but how is Bart Scotts media mutiny a locker room mess? The dude was protecting the team from what is and seems to have always been a media who wants/enjoys to see the Jets fail.

The anonymous quotes are just that, anonymous. Some misinterpreted and some misdated. I think that there is stability in the locker room, even though there should be a crisis going on, what with the O playing so bad. I mean, if there were a problem in the locker room, the defence would have quit by now, but they haven't. They may put up gaudy numbers at times but they be misconstrued. Turnovers and time of possession are a B, when they don't favour your D.

As for the etc, IDK what you mean, you'd have to elaborate on that.

vCash
    Reassignment is the best way to go, assuming Tannebaum doesn't think he can get a job somewhere else.

Back to being the cap buddy.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fan Tdot View Post
    Pretty sure it worked during his first couple years here - and, like any offensive philosophy, you need the appropriate personnel for it. Just because it doesn't follow the current trend doesn't mean that it doesn't work.
    The ****** thing is the Jets have done a decent job shutting these trend-setting guys down in the past and just havent put up enough points against their ****** defenses. It CAN work with the right personnel, and it was on the way with a young QB but we just havent brought any new offensive talent in -- in 4 years. How do you do that and expect to be competitive in the NFL?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    No O.C. worth a lick is going to come here with Sanchez and these weps.
    I don't know what OCs think because they're not allowed to talk, but there are guys like Steve Young, Cris Carter and Trent Dilfer that have supported Sanchez, said basically he has gotten a raw deal with the talent around him this and last year. CC at one point told Keyshawn he could play for the Jets this season if he quit drinking .

None of that means anything, but I think if a few of the former players can think that, then perhaps there are coaches that could feel the same way.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Why would anyone want Norv? He's a bum and hasn't won ****. The dude had Rivers, Gates, LT, Floyd, Vincent Jackson, "Lights Out" when he was on the juice and they still couldn't win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I don't want Cowher.
    I want Sean Payton.

Make it happen Omar.
    Was gonna say something about the Mets but you nailed it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    WTF kind of name is Norv by the way?
    his real name is Norval...no joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    Why would anyone want Norv? He's a bum and hasn't won ****. The dude had Rivers, Gates, LT, Floyd, Vincent Jackson, "Lights Out" when he was on the juice and they still couldn't win.
    because as a head coach , yes he's a bum. but he's a very good offensive coordinator. there are coordinators that can not handle the full load as a head coach , ie. Tony Sparano, Norv Turner, Cam Cameron and Rex Ryan ( to a certain extent)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    because as a head coach , yes he's a bum. but he's a very good offensive coordinator. there are coordinators that can not handle the full load as a head coach , ie. Tony Sparano, Norv Turner, Cam Cameron and Rex Ryan ( to a certain extent)
    I think you need to sleep. Sparano has been worst as a Coordinator than he was as a Head Coach.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Since Rex went on record saying this was his first choice (contrary to those who claim to know the "real" truth), I think changing OCoord in consecutive years is a moot point as is this topic which actually belongs to another thread dedicated to this discussion.
    And to be fair to the incoming OCoord, Mark has been brutal and the targets have been hurt all year. Couple this with a struggling OLine and I would suffice it to say that most OCoords would struggle with this team. There's no magic potion that a Norv Turner would apply to make everyone healthy and wise. There simply needs to be a balance struck with the offense and you need personnel to run that. Changing the OC would not give this team the best chance to move forward with that balance IMO. Especially with our over-challenged QB.
    Way too much talk of blowing up the team as a solution. This is not a remedy for success as this is not Madden football.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-11-2012 at 07:15 AM.

vCash
    Can't blame Tony S. for this season - you need talent to win.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234