Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    I dont get it. this player safety crap is going too damn far. Major injuries are unfortunate and even tragic in some cases but it is part of the game. These guys get paid millions and the ones that dont are covered under the new collective bargaining agreement in case something major happens to them. Complete crap. Miss the old days.
    lol, I was watching the top 10 plays in Bucs history on youtube, and one of the plays was in the 80's, we had a defender jack a QB out of bounds. The dude would have gotten such a huge suspention today, but 30 years ago it was a terrific play!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I'm pretty suprised with how much everybody hates this idea. I will admit that I am always hesitant with rule changes, as I like the game to stay how it is, but I am really not against this idea.

@bwall: if teams don't go for 4th & 15 on their own 30 in a game, what makes you think they will start doing so in this situation? Teams will punt the ball almost always.

I'm not saying they should do this, but it's an interesting idea, that I would be open to!
    If you know your going to convert why not, or if you an extremely high chance why not. What do you think is easier to do...get 15 yards in one play or get an onsides kick?

A team should not score a touchdown and kick the extra point(or make a field goal) and then immediately get the ball back on offense on any down with any yardage needed at any place on the field.

its a bad idea, it would ruin football...absolutely ruin it

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    If you know your going to convert why not, or if you an extremely high chance why not. What do you think is easier to do...get 15 yards in one play or get an onsides kick?

A team should not score a touchdown and kick the extra point(or make a field goal) and then immediately get the ball back on offense on any down with any yardage needed at any place on the field.

its a bad idea, it would ruin football...absolutely ruin it
    Certainly easier then an on-side kick, but I don't understand why you think teams will go for this so often. Teams have 4th and long in their own end all the time, and never go for it unless its the end of the game, and their last chance w/ the ball. How would this be any different?

vCash
    I dont think they will go for it that often, I think they could.

I think there would be teams out there that it would/could change their philosophy. You could see going for it on that 4th and 15 every now and again.

Can you imagine a team scoring and not giving the ball back and scoring again. How horrible that would be? Lets say a defensive guy or two(more specifically a db) get injured a scoring drive. The offense could just choose to continue to pick on them and not give the ball back.

Also your talking about a defense being on the field for some length of time and not even getting a break, does that not benefit the offense? Lets say Peyton leads a 4 minute drive to start a game Cassell gets the ball they go 3 and out...now Peyton leads an 8 minute drive all the way down the field and scores. The Defense has been on the field for 8 minutes and 12 of 13...should they then be forced to go out and defend that same offense again with no break? No way IMO

Another scenario would just be a defensive collapse. If they cant make adjustments an offensive team could just run up and down the field on them.

Look at defensive penalties that give automatic first downs like the BS defensive holding 5 yards and an automatic first. Now in the NFL penalties are huge...you wanna see a team score, get the ball back 4th and 15 and then go for it not complete it but get some BS penalty and get to drive again.

The whole idea sounds like a couple of guys having drinks not even thinking it through and the next day being like yeah that was stupid as ****.

This idea is as dumb as giving a team 1 point if on the kickoff the ball goes through the goal posts like a fg would, that was proposed to Goodell by a fan this year.

This is all^^^^^^^^^^^^the logistics of the idea, not to mention the impact of the actual changing of the game as we know and love it. I have heard it compared to adding a 4th strike in baseball or making it only 3 balls for a walk....a 4 point shot in basketball. It is that ridiculous.

Make it Take it....could be the start of the demise for the NFL. I feel that strongly about it. I have not had a problem with anything Greg has done until now. Today (and the feeling wont last long) I am ashamed that Greg is the coach of the Bucs for saying something so stupid and caught in the moment, he apparently has not forgave himself for what happened to LeGrand and that was a shame but football is football...rant done

and no disrespect to the brody aecon

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Why don't they just punt the ball away after scoring from like the 35. Or changing up the kick off formation. Like how you kick off after a safety. Hell starting at the 20 instead of the kick off is a decent plan.

The 4th and 15 idea is not the worst idea I have ever heard. I mean what team would risk it and give the other team a chance at really good field position every time? I think most teams would punt away. Even teams like the Patriots would probably not risk it every time they scored. New Orleans on the other hand....
    Last edited by Gdubbz; 12-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    lol, I was watching the top 10 plays in Bucs history on youtube, and one of the plays was in the 80's, we had a defender jack a QB out of bounds. The dude would have gotten such a huge suspention today, but 30 years ago it was a terrific play!
    Bingo!
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I think it was a fair hit even today, he was a runner and still in bounds...anything goes lol great hit though

Let's go Bucs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12