Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Schiano wants to eliminate kickoffs?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9047--nfl.html

How do you guys feel about schianos idea?
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    Do you think that he is thinking about this being a useful play when time is short, more chance of possession than an onside kick?

If it ever happens Punters are all going to want a 50% pay rise!

vCash
    I think that it should be this instead of an onside kick.... no punting, only the 4th and 15

vCash
    Its the worst idea Ive ever heard....it is honestly the worst alternative to kickoffs that have ever been proposed.

Do you understand what could happen....A team could get the ball first and keep it the entire half without the other team touching the ball ever.

Savannah State v. Oklahoma this year was 84-0
    Would you like to see that score be 156-0

Thats the kind of thing you could see, it is horrible. Your basically talking make-it take-it in professional football. That is horrible and I think Greg is dumb(only in this regard) for even thinking such an idiotic idea would ever work or be a good thing.

Theres numerous other approaches to limiting injuries

Make a line of scrimmage, right now guys are getting a 30-40 yard sprint before reaching a blocker. If you had a line of scrimmage like on a punt it would make a lot more sense. Then you could still do onside kicks.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Teams could use it to their advantage at the end of the half. Say you were in good FG position with about 30 left on the clock, 4th and 10 one time out left.

Instead of running the clock down to 2 seconds and kicking the field goal, you could run it down to 10, kick the 3 and then have a few seconds left for one hail Mary and another possible bonus score, after a score, which would seem somewhat unfair on the other team to me.

vCash
    I was reading this earlier today. It's...definitely unique. I see the intent & it's a very creative idea. I don't think we will ever get rid of kickoffs though. I can't help but to be impressed a little bit with Schiano's creativity.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    That ish sounds weird! I don't think id like that, our D backs suck, 4th and 15 would be to easy lol!
    Last edited by Capital T; 12-07-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    I'm watching the Raiders atm, they'd never get the ball, just watch it sail over their heads every five minutes or so.

vCash
    This would have helped us our first 30 years of existence.

vCash
    Love Schiano but damn thats a HORRIBLE idea

vCash
    Lets just make it all touch football and get it over with

vCash
    Welcome to sarcastaball

vCash
    I'm pretty suprised with how much everybody hates this idea. I will admit that I am always hesitant with rule changes, as I like the game to stay how it is, but I am really not against this idea.

@bwall: if teams don't go for 4th & 15 on their own 30 in a game, what makes you think they will start doing so in this situation? Teams will punt the ball almost always.

I'm not saying they should do this, but it's an interesting idea, that I would be open to!

vCash
    I dont get it. this player safety crap is going too damn far. Major injuries are unfortunate and even tragic in some cases but it is part of the game. These guys get paid millions and the ones that dont are covered under the new collective bargaining agreement in case something major happens to them. Complete crap. Miss the old days.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    I dont get it. this player safety crap is going too damn far. Major injuries are unfortunate and even tragic in some cases but it is part of the game. These guys get paid millions and the ones that dont are covered under the new collective bargaining agreement in case something major happens to them. Complete crap. Miss the old days.
    lol, I was watching the top 10 plays in Bucs history on youtube, and one of the plays was in the 80's, we had a defender jack a QB out of bounds. The dude would have gotten such a huge suspention today, but 30 years ago it was a terrific play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast