Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yankees set up a meeting with Josh Hamilton within the next 48 hours

vCash
    Won't the Dodgers have to be under 189m at some point as well? I'm a little fuzzy on the details of the new CBA, I just see it as pertaining only to the Yankees. Will this affect the Dodgers in any way?

vCash
    You left out Either at 17 million. its insane and that kind of money never a good idea as he not a true ace. Felix Hernedez or Valender is one thing but he not in there league. Crawford salary will be higher then his homerun total every season until he is done. I just don't think the Dodgers are spending there money good at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Won't the Dodgers have to be under 189m at some point as well? I'm a little fuzzy on the details of the new CBA, I just see it as pertaining only to the Yankees. Will this affect the Dodgers in any way?
    The Dodgers are just going to pay the tax. The Yankees don't have to be under the 189M if they don't want to. They just want to because of the tax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    The Dodgers are just going to pay the tax. The Yankees don't have to be under the 189M if they don't want to. They just want to because of the tax.
    So, basically the Dodgers just dont give a fk!

vCash
    If Cano walks I hope he signs with LA. I'd love to see how a $300m payroll looks like.

vCash
    the dodgers havent been over the tax the same amount of time as the yankees, eventually the dodgers will have to either blow up and lower payroll or suffer through one of the crappiest farm systems while stuck with unmovable contracts, they at least dont have the amount of long term contracts we do , they have huge ones but for current productive players , jury is still out on crawford

vCash
    Greinke didnt receive a no-trade clause. Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    the dodgers havent been over the tax the same amount of time as the yankees, eventually the dodgers will have to either blow up and lower payroll or suffer through one of the crappiest farm systems while stuck with unmovable contracts, they at least dont have the amount of long term contracts we do , they have huge ones but for current productive players , jury is still out on crawford
    What affect does the payroll have on farm system? I know people keep bringing up that being over the luxury tax hurts team with how much they can spend on the draft and international signings but is this really the case? I've looked to find what the CBA says about it but haven't really found anything. Anyone have a link to how it affects what money can be spent elsewhere? I thought the only the that affects the draft is if you overpay slot in previous years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    So, basically the Dodgers just dont give a fk!
    When reporters asked a Dodgers official what he estimated the budget to be in 2013, that Dodgers official replied with a laugh and said, "What budget?"
    So yeah, pretty much.

vCash
    Greinke is a great pitcher and so highly underrated in this forum it hurts. I won't go through the process of proving it again like I have in the past but whatever isolated stat one wants to bring up to prove a non existent point can just save their time making a post.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYGBP View Post
    Yankees set up a meeting with Josh Hamilton within the next 48 hours
    Link ?

vCash
    Quick Question

When posters use the abbreviation AAV, what does that stand for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Quick Question

When posters use the abbreviation AAV, what does that stand for?
    Average annual value. That's what they use to calculate a team's payroll. For example A-Rod signed a 10 year, 275M dollar deal. His AAV (which counts against the payroll) is 27.5M despite his actual salary being 28M (according to his contract breakdown).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Average annual value. That's what they use to calculate a team's payroll. For example A-Rod signed a 10 year, 275M dollar deal. His AAV (which counts against the payroll) is 27.5M despite his actual salary being 28M (according to his contract breakdown).
    Simple enough.

Makes sense. Thank you

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast