Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1001
  1. #931
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    1500
    If the team actually acquires or signs an actual good DH (not another 40 year old on his last leg) I don't think I'd even mind a Romine/Cervelli/Stewart tandem. No doubt it will suck but at least we'd get some offense in another spot.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,471
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Have they said this? This is obviously the most logical but I can see a Chris Stewart/Francisco Cervelli tandem being more likely which is even scarier.

    You have to laugh when they say they didn't want Pierzynski because of his defense though. Cervelli is terrible defensively and Stewart is a 30 year old career backup who can't hit at all. They do like his pitch framing so maybe they are hoping that can carry the team.
    I saw it on twitter, that the Yankees weren't really high on AJ and they were looking the internal option Romine.

    I saw the tweet way earlier in the day, I'll see if I can find it.

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    They want to try out Romine as a starter.

    Scary stuff.
    I'd have faith if I had any faith his back would hold out. I like what I've seen of Romine. I wish he'd stayed healthy so I could have seen more.

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    Cash has definitely been too quiet this off season. Anybody thinking what im thinking?...Another big time stealth trade
    Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect. I don't think we're going to see a blockbuster trade. I just don't see us having the pieces.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I saw it on twitter, that the Yankees weren't really high on AJ and they were looking the internal option Romine.

    I saw the tweet way earlier in the day, I'll see if I can find it.
    Yeah, them being high on Romine is the only logical explanation for it really. I doubt there is some trade for a catcher in the works so it should be Romine's job to lose.

    He also seems like a catcher Girardi would love - great glove, not great hitting.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,471
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Yeah, them being high on Romine is the only logical explanation for it really. I doubt there is some trade for a catcher in the works so it should be Romine's job to lose.

    He also seems like a catcher Girardi would love - great glove, not great hitting.
    His back..he can't stay healthy. He missed most of last year. It worries me.

    I think, unless some trade happens for a catcher, which I don't see..but you never know..It will be Romine with either Stewart/Cervelli as his back up. If his back gives out it will be pretty much Stewart/Cervelli.

    For a team high on defense from the C position, cervelli doesn't offer that.

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Cervelli sucks. Can we move on?

  7. #937
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    His back..he can't stay healthy. He missed most of last year. It worries me.

    I think, unless some trade happens for a catcher, which I don't see..but you never know..It will be Romine with either Stewart/Cervelli as his back up. If his back gives out it will be pretty much Stewart/Cervelli.

    For a team high on defense from the C position, cervelli doesn't offer that.
    Yeah no doubt. It worries me too.

    Teams of the past could have made up for the complete lack of offense we will be lacking at catcher. This current offense can't I don't think.

  8. #938
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Cervelli sucks. Can we move on?
    You are talking about possibly our second best catching option next year! Yikes

    I seriously don't know if Cervelli's atrocious defense or Stewart's non-existant offense scares me more. The fact that theres a good chance both will be getting ample time at catcher next year should scare everyone.

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    You are talking about possibly our second best catching option next year! Yikes

    I seriously don't know if Cervelli's atrocious defense or Stewart's non-existant offense scares me more. The fact that theres a good chance both will be getting ample time at catcher next year should scare everyone.
    Stewart can at leats play defense. Cervelli sucks on both sides of the ball. When the metrics have you along side Posada defensively, you're in trouble. Hey, actually, can we bring Jorge back.

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,984
    vCash
    1500
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    #yankees did NOT make an offer to AJ pierzynski. plan at present is to go with cervelli/stewart/romine

  11. #941
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    #yankees did NOT make an offer to AJ pierzynski. plan at present is to go with cervelli/stewart/romine
    Romine/Dickey 2013

  12. #942
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,471
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Romine/Dickey 2013
    This is better.

    #Catchthedickmovement

    or

    #Dickeycaughtdaitchy
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-20-2012 at 07:51 PM.

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    6,648
    vCash
    1500
    That possibility won't work out well. This team isn't looking to be a playoff team at all next year. It's not like AJ signed a multiyear deal either so no excuse there. This offseason has been pretty pathetic so far this year. If they are going to start going the cheap route for all these options they better finally start using the kids from the minors instead of scrap heap veterans. I want to see what the farm system is doing besides being held on to for too long and having all trade value destroyed.

    Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  14. #944
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    Damn I wanted AJ. **** you Hal. Atleast I get to see Romine play 4 games before his back goes to ****.

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    If the team actually acquires or signs an actual good DH (not another 40 year old on his last leg) I don't think I'd even mind a Romine/Cervelli/Stewart tandem. No doubt it will suck but at least we'd get some offense in another spot.
    Ibanez will be back as the DH. Not exactly a whole lot of other candidates.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •