Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Edwin Jackson to Cubs. 4/52!!!!!

I'm convinced the world ends tmrw.
    Finding new ways to lose since 1908....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    THIS is very telling. All the Swisher lovers in here must have some sexual attachment to this clown. Have fun in Cleveland Swisher doodles! Verlander will make you look like a ballerina swinging through his fastballs.
    The jury is still out..I don't mind Ictchy replacing Gary but not Swish...he had power and good OBA......we shall see.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    My uncle worked as an usher and he gets behind the scene news. He told me that the Yanks might trade Cano, Betances, Adams and Mason Williams to the Dodgers for Ethier.....
    Why do you feel the need to do that, NICKY? Does it make you feel important?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    And u wonder why he's the most ignored poster.

Zoom zoom!
    And you're the most confused poster.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Something I just read that I wanted to share, in case some of us didn't see it....

Derek Jeter reportedly made a special phone call to the mother of slain Newtown teacher, Victoria Soto, just hours after Donna Soto laid her daughter to rest Wednesday.

The New York Yankees star made the surprise call to Donna Soto who said Jeter was her daughter's favorite player after saying, "Vicki loved the Yankees" as part of her eulogy.

The 27-year-old Vicki Soto was killed Friday as she shielded her first-grade students from the gunman who killed 25 other people at the Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday. She is being hailed as a true lifesaver for her selfless action.

"Vicki loved the Yankees that was part of her eulogy," her cousin James Wiltsie said Wednesday night. "No one in the family reached out, so (Jeter) must have heard about it and ... reached out," reported the New York Daily News.

Wiltsie would not give details of the conversation but did say Vicki's mom was spiritually uplifted after hearing Jeter's voice.

"It was a surprise and unexpected. Donna was ecstatic over it and very happy. She spoke to him for quite some time," he said. "Nothing is going to fix the fact that she had to bury her daughter today. But I'm happy that it brought some comfort to know that people recognize Vicki as a hero."

Vicki's sister Carlee tweeted about the family's excitement and appreciation.

"Derek Jeter just called my mom!!!!! Thanks Vicki, she needs it thank you @yankees this meant a lot to my mother and all of us."

It was probably just a few moments of the rehabbing Yankee Captain's time but you can't deny the gesture went a long way in the healing process. And he did it in typical Jeter style without any fanfare.
    I am going to miss this guy soo ****ing bad when he retires.

lol
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    63-61

G: 111 | AVG: .269 | HR: 3| RBI: 32| OBP: .319 | SLG: .322 | wOBA: .290 | wRC: 80

6. 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM

vCash
    I did hear about that, kudos to Jeter.

Sad thing, people will probably use this as an example while going on and on about his clutchness and leadership abilities, when it should be separate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I did hear about that, kudos to Jeter.

Sad thing, people will probably use this as an example while going on and on about his clutchness and leadership abilities, when it should be separate.
    Exactly. It has nothing to do with him as a player. Its about him being a good human being.

vCash
    Did she get a gift basket with a signed ball? IJS

vCash
    Rangers and Pierzynski close to a one year deal.

Pretty amazing that the Yankees didn't seem to have any interest. Chris Stewart as the Yankees starting catcher in 2013? Good stuff.

vCash

Kyle Lohse

Why are we not checking into this guy? Had a great year last year, could use another arm...this 189 mil **** is really starting to piss me off...

vCash
    Off-season thread. Says..

..Hi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Rangers and Pierzynski close to a one year deal.

Pretty amazing that the Yankees didn't seem to have any interest. Chris Stewart as the Yankees starting catcher in 2013? Good stuff.
    They want to try out Romine as a starter.

Scary stuff.

vCash
    ha thanks I didnt look at that

vCash
    Cash has definitely been too quiet this off season. Anybody thinking what im thinking?...Another big time stealth trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    They want to try out Romine as a starter.

Scary stuff.
    Have they said this? This is obviously the most logical but I can see a Chris Stewart/Francisco Cervelli tandem being more likely which is even scarier.

You have to laugh when they say they didn't want Pierzynski because of his defense though. Cervelli is terrible defensively and Stewart is a 30 year old career backup who can't hit at all. They do like his pitch framing so maybe they are hoping that can carry the team.

Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast