Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    The M's must be so frustrated with their prospects. Smoak, Ackley, Montero, none of them have produced yet. Montero and Ackley have shown some promise, but man Smoak has really **** the bed.

All the more reason to trade prospects I guess
    I think Ackley rebounds to respectable levels especially with them (reportedly) bringing the fences in. He had a fine rookie year before ******** the bed last season.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I think Ackley rebounds to respectable levels especially with them (reportedly) bringing the fences in. He had a fine rookie year before ******** the bed last season.
    Agreed, I like Ackley. He should be a solid player. It baffles my mind how poorly Smoak has done though. I bet they hope bringing the fences in helps him too, somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Agreed, I like Ackley. He should be a solid player. It baffles my mind how poorly Smoak has done though. I bet they hope bringing the fences in helps him too, somehow.
    The guy can take walks and show solid discipline. He just hasn't shown that he can hit for either power or contact at all at the big league level. In almost 1500 career PA's he has a career OPS under .700 which is abysmal for any position let alone 1B. In fairness to him, he's not a power hitter. Never was in the minor leagues as well.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Angels/Mariners swapped Kendy Morales and Jason Vargas... Honestly, not a bad deal for either side. Morales has to stay healthy though.
    Both guys hit free agency in 2014. I see what they did there.

vCash
    The Angels rotation is now Weaver-Wilson-Blanton-Hanson-Vargas. They better plan on scoring lots of runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    The Angels rotation is now Weaver-Wilson-Blanton-Hanson-Vargas. They better plan on scoring lots of runs.
    Trout, Pujols, Hamilton, Trumbo

signs point to yes

vCash
    That rotation stinks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Yeah that rotation just isn't very consistent.

vCash
    The Yankees have designated Jim Miller for assignment, the team announced. The move frees up a 40-man roster spot for Ichiro Suzuki, who has officially re-signed.

Miller, 30, appeared in 33 games for Oakland this past season. He posted a 2.59 ERA with 8.1 K.9 and 5.0 BB/9 in 48 2/3 innings. The Yankees claimed him off waivers from the Athletics late last month.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5xLj6GH0PIgoiqpj.99
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Saw this posted elsewhere.

My take on the east...

Yanks - Old old old... but still a great looking team. Not a lot of contingency players to back things up but theyll manage one way or the other to contend.

Jays - They have everything they need and more to win the East but a lot of variables that could turn that potential into another trainwreck.

Sox - theyre being written off too early, loads of potential but a massive amount of variables. But I feel theyll be a good team this season for some reason.

Rays - Good starters, lots of inexperience, a complete lack of offense. i dont see pitching alone getting them by this year. They need to pick up a bat.

Orioles - Last year was a good run but this year will be back to the cellar and empty seats at Camden yard. Theyve done nothing to better themselves.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Saw this posted elsewhere.

My take on the east...

Yanks - Old old old... but still a great looking team. Not a lot of contingency players to back things up but theyll manage one way or the other to contend.

Jays - They have everything they need and more to win the East but a lot of variables that could turn that potential into another trainwreck.

Sox - theyre being written off too early, loads of potential but a massive amount of variables. But I feel theyll be a good team this season for some reason.

Rays - Good starters, lots of inexperience, a complete lack of offense. i dont see pitching alone getting them by this year. They need to pick up a bat.

Orioles - Last year was a good run but this year will be back to the cellar and empty seats at Camden yard. Theyve done nothing to better themselves.
    See: :cry: Yankees ALCS :cry: Yeah that reminds of it. :cry:

vCash
    The Yankees have designated Jim Miller for assignment, the team announced. The move frees up a 40-man roster spot for Ichiro Suzuki, who has officially re-signed.

Miller, 30, appeared in 33 games for Oakland this past season. He posted a 2.59 ERA with 8.1 K.9 and 5.0 BB/9 in 48 2/3 innings. The Yankees claimed him off waivers from the Athletics late last month.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5xLj6GH0PIgoiqpj.99
    Until reading the above, I didn't even know we had Jim Miller. He won't be missed.

vCash
    That rotation stinks.
    Angels off season:

+ Hamilton
    + Three lousy starting pitchers
    - Haren
    - Greinke
    - Hunter
    - Morales
    - Izturis

vCash
    Angels off season:

+ Hamilton
    - Haren
    - Greinke
    - Hunter
    - Morales
    - Izturis
    If Greinke wasn't enough to bulk up their rotation, why do people think Vargas/Hanson/Blanton will be any better? That offense is going to have to carry them all season, except when Weaver starts.

vCash
    Angels off season:

+ Hamilton
    - Haren
    - Greinke
    - Hunter
    - Morales
    - Izturis
    They're going to suck.

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast