Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    vCash
    edit..

vCash
    Mike @ RAB has a nice little bit on Martin.

2. So what changed about the Yankees’ evaluation of Russell Martin over the last 12 months? They offered him that three-year, $20M-something extension last offseason after the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (and incentives to get under the luxury tax) were in place, yet they wouldn’t go near the two-year, $17M deal he took from the Pirates a few weeks ago. Do they think his offense will continue to decline? That he’s not a safe bet to stay healthy the next two years given his big career workload? Is his defense not as good as advertised? The Yankees have passed on a ton of free agents over the years and for the most part you can understand why. With Martin, given the dearth of quality catching, it just makes no sense to pass on that price even with the 2014 payroll plan looming, especially since they were so willing to give Ichiro Suzuki two years. So weird.

Late Add: Forgot to include this in the original post, but isn’t Martin + Chris Dickerson > Chris Stewart/Austin Romine/Frankie Cervelli + Ichiro + $4M? Doesn’t that seem obvious?

vCash
    Anyone have an inside account with ESPN? On the New York News section there is something from Jim Bowden saying the Yanks top prospect could be dealt. Anyone have any info on that one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers87 View Post
    Anyone have an inside account with ESPN? On the New York News section there is something from Jim Bowden saying the Yanks top prospect could be dealt. Anyone have any info on that one?
    its most likely Bentences who is being moved if a trade were to occur you would think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    its most likely Bentences who is being moved if a trade were to occur you would think
    Interesting. I wonder who we would be targeting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Problem is, he is not a top prospect anymore. He's been moved down the list. Also he was demoted to Double A last year. He has such a big body and he can't seem to control his pitches. If he could ever figure out how to control them though.. But there are more highly ranked prospects in our system now.

vCash
    That makes me a bit nervous because IMO he is NOT our top prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    No, he's most def. not.

Not even close anymore. He barely cracked the top 30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Problem is, he is not a top prospect anymore. He's been moved down the list. Also he was demoted to Double A last year. He has such a big body and he can't seem to control his pitches. If he could ever figure out how to control them though.. But there are more highly ranked prospects in our system now.
    The Mariners were patient with The Big Unit and his horrible control issues. Maybe they should wait a little longer.
    Nick

vCash
    this is me just guessing i have searched the web and have not seen anything about any potential trades for the yanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Mariners were patient with The Big Unit and his horrible control issues. Maybe they should wait a little longer.
    He may find his control issues, which I mentioned that if he does..watch out.

Randy J didn't find control til 28-29.

I'm just saying, he is no longer considered our top prospect; he's in the 25-30 range.

Mason Williams(OF)/Gary Sanchez(C) who are both long ways away are usually the 1-2 on most lists I've seen.

vCash
    I do. He is talking about Mason Williams. He says in the article not to be surprised if the Yankees eventually offer 2 out of Williams, Gary Sanchez and Dante Bichette Jr. to the D-backs for Justin Upton.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    My uncle worked as an usher and he gets behind the scene news. He told me that the Yanks might trade Cano, Betances, Adams and Mason Williams to the Dodgers for Ethier.....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    I do. He is talking about Mason Williams. He says in the article not to be surprised if the Yankees eventually offer 2 out of Williams, Gary Sanchez and Dante Bichette Jr. to the D-backs for Justin Upton.

I would not be okay with that move. Even though most prospects don't pan out.

I'm just not a huge fan..at all. Of J-Upton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    Woah, this would in fact be a huge trade. Not sure how I feel about trading Mason Williams or Gary Sanchez

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast