Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Reyes, his legs will not hold up; on that turf 81 games a year.

Him and Johnson will both hit the DL this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Because $22 million for Reyes is a joke and could cripple the team...
    If the team financially DOESNT GIVE A **** what their payroll is then no it wouldnt. And if that big *** contract brings a WS appearance or some division titles than its certainly not a big deal. They will make more money from exposure and winning to make that contract seem like buying a candy bar.
    Can't believe we have a QB...

vCash
    I like candy.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Don't get sucked into the Mazda Vortex!
    Guy is out of his mind with the crippling salary BS.... If the team can afford it, its not a big deal just like the Yanks used to be like hence the insane amount of playoff appearances, WS titles, and revenue.

vCash
    I like candy.
    Me too, i just had a white chocolate kit kat bar it was excellent except for the fact it was purchased in Honolulu and three times the amount of what it should cost...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TROTH View Post
    Guy is out of his mind with the crippling salary BS.... If the team can afford it, its not a big deal just like the Yanks used to be like hence the insane amount of playoff appearances, WS titles, and revenue.
    Word.

I'm one of the few that look at transactions from a business standpoint, cause I enjoy it.

Hence, the Arod deal, which is a huge overpay, obviously.......probably generated five times ROI for the business. Win.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Actually, no..

Dickey has had 3 straight strong years. He is a pretty damn good pitcher right now, you don't win the CY by accident. He makes them a much better team.
    You're right, he had 3 strong years. But look at his career numbers: 3.98 ERA 1.33 WHIP 105 ERA+ scream a league average pitcher. On paper he improves TOR's rotation, but I don't see him repeating a CY Young year given age, stat history, facing tougher AL lineups, etc.
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Reyes, his legs will not hold up; on that turf 81 games a year.

Him and Johnson will both hit the DL this year.
    Another dude with a crystal ball, have you watched the Knicks at all this year? Bunch of old dudes kickin the **** out of everyone..

vCash
    Word.

I'm one of the few that look at transactions from a business standpoint, cause I enjoy it.

Hence, the Arod deal, which is a huge overpay, obviously.......probably generated five times ROI for the business. Win.
    Wow thats some interesting logic, crazy that logic prevails 100% of the time.... haha

Why would you even call it an overpay if we had such a huge ROI???

There is no way to even calculate what A Rod has made for this team but I can tell you its more than his contract...

vCash
    Wow thats some interesting logic, crazy that logic prevails 100% of the time.... haha

Why would you even call it an overpay if we had such a huge ROI???

There is no way to even calculate what A Rod has made for this team but I can tell you its more than his contract...
    By overpay, I mean compared to other salaries.

But look at the attendance before Arod got here and after. It's not even close.

Never drew over 3.4million. When he got here, 4 straight years of 4-4.2million!

That guy was worth 800k ticket sales per year! Do the math.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Another dude with a crystal ball, have you watched the Knicks at all this year? Bunch of old dudes kickin the **** out of everyone..
    2009, 2010, 2011. All years he had leg injuries.

I played football, I also played baseball. I've played on turf. Turf causes more injuries to players leg's then natural field.

So It's my personal opinion that theres a good chance Reyes will see some kind leg injuries from the turf.

Yes I've watched the knicks..What does age have to do with playing on turf?

This is from a a sports study.

"The injury rates on FieldTurf were dramatically higher than the authors found for games played on natural grass. The injury rate overall per team-game was 27% higher on FieldTurf, the ACL injury rate was an amazing 88% higher, and the lateral ankle sprain rate was 48% higher. All of those differences were statistically significant."

"There is more torque, more velocity and more traction" on artificial turf, Meyers said.

"That can lead to more muscle strains and spasms".

I don't need a crystal ball, as history tends to repeat itself.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-17-2012 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nybigjg View Post
    You're right, he had 3 strong years. But look at his career numbers: 3.98 ERA 1.33 WHIP 105 ERA+ scream a league average pitcher. On paper he improves TOR's rotation, but I don't see him repeating a CY Young year given age, stat history, facing tougher AL lineups, etc.
    What's the point of looking at his career numbers? He wasn't even primarily a knuckle ball pitcher earlier in his career. His earlier statistics have no bearing on how good/effective he is now. A-Rod hit .270 last year with 18 HR yet his 'career' averages suggest a .300 BA and 42 HR's. Should we expect him to revert to his career numbers? No. That logic makes zero sense.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nybigjg View Post
    With Dickey, do his career averages paint an accurate picture?

It is obvious he figured out the knuckler the last 3 years, and he has had continued success. Age really doesn't play much of a factor with Knuckleballers. It has nothing to do with arm strength, all technique and finesse. And it isn't like he can't still throw his 80mph fastball when he wants.

I'm not saying he will win another CY, or be dominant. But I'd be surprised if he isn't a valuable rotation member for them for a few years.

vCash
    By overpay, I mean compared to other salaries.

But look at the attendance before Arod got here and after. It's not even close.

Never drew over 3.4million. When he got here, 4 straight years of 4-4.2million!

That guy was worth 800k ticket sales per year! Do the math.
    More logic, gee leo have you gone mad??

I dont know what the Steins are doing but I am pretty mad about it. I am sure they will jack up ticket prices, I wont be going to another game until they start spending the cash that they rape from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    2009, 2010, 2011. All years he had leg injuries.

I played football, I also played baseball. I've played on turf. Turf causes more injuries to players leg's then natural field.

So It's my personal opinion that theres a good chance Reyes will see some kind leg injuries from the turf.

Yes I've watched the knicks..What does age have to do with playing on turf?

This is from a a sports study.

"The injury rates on FieldTurf were dramatically higher than the authors found for games played on natural grass. The injury rate overall per team-game was 27% higher on FieldTurf, the ACL injury rate was an amazing 88% higher, and the lateral ankle sprain rate was 48% higher. All of those differences were statistically significant."

"There is more torque, more velocity and more traction" on artificial turf, Meyers said.

That can lead to more muscle strains and spasms.

I don't need a crystal ball, as history tends to repeat itself.
    You are correct facts are facts and history does repeat itself, but I wouldnt take it as a guarantee they are going to be on the DL.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast