Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    How can someone object to this must be mad!

Bourne-RF
    Jeter-SS
    Cano-2B
    Tex-1B
    Granderson-LF
    Youk-3B
    Ichiro-DH
    Catcher
    Gardner-CF

DH spot is super flexible. You can sit Ichiro against tough left handers and insert a right handed bat (I think Cashman will get someone for this role).
    they wouldn't drop the coin necessary to get bourne just to not have him play center. if they did sign him (which i highly doubt) gardner would be the odd man out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    The only way signing Bourn makes sense is if they think Gardner could bring back some good pieces in a trade. And obviously if Bourn's price drops dramatically.

I know people here love their players that don't hit HRs but an OF of Gardner-Bourn-Ichiro is beyond horrible offensively.
    you sir are moving up. i see a lot of people claiming homeruns don't beat elite pitching. realistically, that's the only way to beat elite pitching. grind out at bats, wait for them to make a mistake, then make them pay for it. if you're going up against verlander or felix or weaver, you can't expect to get 4 hits in an inning. It goes without saying that they need to make some changes to get more balanced hitters in a more balanced lineup. but the yankees post season woes don't come from hitting "too many homeruns." they come from the inability to hit good pitching period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    And if not we have plenty of power..

Teix, Cano, Youk, Grandy - I mean do you really think we will get less than 20 on any of those guys? And less than 30 from Teix and Grandy?

flanked with Jeter, Gardner, Bourne and mixing and matching Itchy the Yankees have a lot of guys for the power guys to knock in.
    Youkilis probably will hit less than 20.

And why are people equating these speed guys to having guys on base? Gardner is the best of the 3 at getting on base. Bourn only has a .339 career OBP and Ichiro's OBP has hovered around .300 the past two years. Just because they are singles hitters doesn't mean they get on base more than the power guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    you sir are moving up. i see a lot of people claiming homeruns don't beat elite pitching. realistically, that's the only way to beat elite pitching. grind out at bats, wait for them to make a mistake, then make them pay for it. if you're going up against verlander or felix or weaver, you can't expect to get 4 hits in an inning. It goes without saying that they need to make some changes to get more balanced hitters in a more balanced lineup. but the yankees post season woes don't come from hitting "too many homeruns." they come from the inability to hit good pitching period.
    Yup. I actually agree that the Yankees need to get a more balanced lineup but that shouldn't mean getting away from guys that hit HRs. It just means getting better hitters period. I don't really understand why people think some of these guys that don't hit HRs seem to be better hitters. Its not like Gardner or Bourn are good average hitters. Is Bourn's .270 average with no power somehow better than Swisher's because he doesn't swing for the fences? It seems to be the kick that everyone is on right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Youkilis probably will hit less than 20.

And why are people equating these speed guys to having guys on base? Gardner is the best of the 3 at getting on base. Bourn only has a .339 career OBP and Ichiro's OBP has hovered around .300 the past two years. Just because they are singles hitters doesn't mean they get on base more than the power guys.
    Nitpicking..

He hit 19 last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    This is right and wrong. Right in the sense that we struggled hitting against good pitching. Wrong in the sense that, part of it does come from TRYING to hit home runs.

Everyone in our lineup besides Jeter/Ichiro was swinging for the long ball. You can tell in their strides and hacks. You need more balanced players to make up a balanced lineup, obviously.

Jeter, Bourne, Gardner, Ichiro

+

Tex, Granderson, Cano, ?, ? (Catcher, DH remain to be seen)

+

Youkilis, who is neutral with his ability to hit one out at any time as well. Cano may go in this category as well, but no sense in nitpicking.

That's a balanced lineup...

When A-rod returns, it becomes even more balanced. But I wouldn't use balanced, I would say complete.

We have proven in history time and time again we can get to the post season by hitting home runs. However, we have also proved time and time again we fail to make it far into the post season because we are too reliant on looking for a 2 or 3-run home run to tie or put us in the lead.

Plus, we need change. Tired of seeing the same type of players on the field each season. Hence my reasoning for wanting Swisher gone. I'm also happy Martin is gone. Let one of our kids play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    How can someone object to this must be mad!

Bourne-RF
    Jeter-SS
    Cano-2B
    Tex-1B
    Granderson-LF
    Youk-3B
    Ichiro-DH
    Catcher
    Gardner-CF

DH spot is super flexible. You can sit Ichiro against tough left handers and insert a right handed bat (I think Cashman will get someone for this role).
    Just take Bourn out as he is not coming to the Yankees. Multi year deals are over...Ichiro was a need and it was a cheap 2 year deal.

Bourn will require 3-4 years and Hal is not going to allow that.
    Nick

vCash
    Ok, I will be patient and see how they do with less firepower in the lineup.
    Nick

vCash
    RedSox sign Stephen drew. 1 yr 10 mil.

Once again, ********.

It's almost like someone has infiltrated their front office as a joke.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    RedSox sign Stephen drew. 1 yr 10 mil.

Once again, ********.

It's almost like someone has infiltrated their front office as a joke.
    It's as if the Red Sox are trying to build the perfect .500 team.

vCash
    Did anyone notice we have three different threads about Angels outfielders?

Bourgos
    Wells
    Trumbo

I'll start one on Don Baylor.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    RA Dickey
    Josh Johnson
    Ricky Romero
    Brandon Morrow
    Mark Burhle

If that group peaks, we might be in trouble.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Whoops!

The Indians are making a push to sign free agent outfielder Nick Swisher, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter). The Indians were in "aggressive pursuit" of Swisher last week after trading right fielder Shin-Soo Choo to Cincinnati in a three-team deal. Earlier in the month the Indians had reportedly been hoping to sign Swisher for four years and $48-50MM.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Whoops!

The Indians are making a push to sign free agent outfielder Nick Swisher, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter). The Indians were in "aggressive pursuit" of Swisher last week after trading right fielder Shin-Soo Choo to Cincinnati in a three-team deal. Earlier in the month the Indians had reportedly been hoping to sign Swisher for four years and $48-50MM.
    The Indians are the last team i want swisher to go to. Just because they have the 5th pick in the draft we wont get their 1st rounder. I was hoping he would go to Philly so we can get #16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    The Indians are the last team i want swisher to go to. Just because they have the 5th pick in the draft we wont get their 1st rounder. I was hoping he would go to Philly so we can get #16.
    New rules mean we get a sandwich pick no matter who signs him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast