Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe hears that the Yankees are "quietly interested" in Michael Bourn and "will pounce if the price comes down."

O Rly
    saw that too would be a great addition to have another great defender with speed. The thought of having 2 potential 40-50 base stealers on a team

vCash
    The deal of Dickey going to Toronto is all but officially done....They are working on the extension...

I hope they get stuck with a 4 year deal and $15 million per...these teams that are spending big money will be paying for it in a few years unless the new revenue package takes care of it.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-16-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    saw that too would be a great addition to have another great defender with speed. The thought of having 2 potential 40-50 base stealers on a team
    Bourne is not coming...Cashman would never eliminate another 43 homeruns from last season....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Bourne is not coming...Cashman would never eliminate another 43 homeruns from last season....

Trade Gardner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    he could last time i checked you don't need a lineup full of homerun hitters to win the world series just ask the Giants

vCash
    The only way signing Bourn makes sense is if they think Gardner could bring back some good pieces in a trade. And obviously if Bourn's price drops dramatically.

I know people here love their players that don't hit HRs but an OF of Gardner-Bourn-Ichiro is beyond horrible offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    The only way signing Bourn makes sense is if they think Gardner could bring back some good pieces in a trade. And obviously if Bourn's price drops dramatically.

I know people here love their players that don't hit HRs but an OF of Gardner-Bourn-Ichiro is beyond horrible offensively.
    homeruns and rbis yes but when it comes to scoring runs and stealing bases these are the guys i would want.

vCash
    I also like how people bring up the whole "you don't need a lineup full of HR hitters" like our team actually has a lineup full of HR hitters right now.

The team currently has 3 guys that are likely to hit above 20 HRs. Trade Granderson and replace him with Bourn and you are down to 2 guys. Too many HRs!!!!

vCash
    he could last time i checked you don't need a lineup full of homerun hitters to win the world series just ask the Giants
    No power in the OF is not going to work in the AL. NL baseball is a little different and a NL team with no power can beat an AL team in a WS because of pitching and defense but in 162 games the Giants wousaveave won just 80 games in the AL.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-16-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I also like how people bring up the whole "you don't need a lineup full of HR hitters" like our team actually has a lineup full of HR hitters right now.

The team currently has 3 guys that are likely to hit above 20 HRs. Trade Granderson and replace him with Bourn and you are down to 2 guys. Too many HRs!!!!
    if they are all healthy

Texeria= 30-40
    Cano= 25-30
    Youkilis= 20-30

for all we know a big power bat could be signed by the Yankees for the DH role like Carlos Pena. Homeruns are nice but i would rather have a good hitting team rather than relying on the homerun ball every game

vCash
    if they are all healthy

Texeria= 30-40
    Cano= 25-30
    Youkilis= 20-30

for all we know a big power bat could be signed by the Yankees for the DH role like Carlos Pena. Homeruns are nice but i would rather have a good hitting team rather than relying on the homerun ball every game
    ^ Sorry to nidpick but that's really optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    ^ Sorry to nidpick but that's really optimistic.
    2 words Yankee Stadium

vCash
    2 words Yankee Stadium
    And your point is?

I hate to break it to you but Youkilis is a right handed pull hitter and research has shown that while Yankee Stadium helps boost production of lefty hitters, it is essentially league average in terms of right handed hitter production by stadium. So that assumption is rendered moot.

It also doesn't help that Youkilis has only played in home ballparks that are favorable for right handed hitters and his away splits last season are incredibly putrid. Basically worse than a pitcher. So it's safe to say that we should not expect the stadium dimensions to prop Youkilis' numbers at all and that he'll actually have to make an adjustment in order to perform well in Yankee Stadium which is something that shouldn't be considered very easy considering his age.
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 12-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.

vCash
    if they are all healthy

Texeria= 30-40
    Cano= 25-30
    Youkilis= 20-30

Nick, what are you talking about?

Yankee fans are too accustomed to seeing home runs each and every game to win us ball games. Truth of the matter is, it does not work in the post-season against elite pitching.

We need contact hitters and need to play situational baseball. Not having Gardner was a huge blow last year, and I will argue he was a large blow than not having Rivera.

I would be ecstatic to have Bourne, Gardner, and Ichiro all in the same lineup. Plus, Tex, Cano, Granderson, Youk (somewhat), and A-rod (if fully healthy) provide enough power. Ibanez as well if he is resigned, and we still do not know who our catcher will be.

Enough with you Swisher lovers. Get over it. He's gone.

vCash
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Arod
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Romine
    Gardner

We can win with this.......in August.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast