Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Wells will hit 25 hr and .270 book it.
    No he wouldn't. You know who probably would? Swisher.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    No he wouldn't. You know who probably would? Swisher.
    Of course tell me when the Yankees stop cutting payroll.

vCash
    Anyone can hit 25 hr at Yankee stadium. Wells would definatly hit 25 hr there

vCash
    Swisher is a self-absorbed,ego-maniac, who,i believe,has plateaud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    Swisher is a self-absorbed,ego-maniac, who,i believe,has plateaud
    And Wells hasn't? He hit his peak like 5-6 years ago and just sucks now.

Look I'm not saying bring Swisher back but he can pretty much give nice production while wells would need a miracle to even come close to his numbers.

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    F Swisher and wells

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    F Swisher and wells
    This

vCash
    Any decent hitter can put up .270 25-75 in the Yankee lineup batting 6th while playing a crappy rf with no speed.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Joba.....I like ya but ur way off here. In any comparison, health is assumed. Anyone can get hurt.

If you think those three kids are better than out three vets, that's just wrong. None have them have won a big game in their life.

I'll take Mariano on one leg over any closer. Period.
    Leo u feeling ok? I'm shocked u defended fatty like that

I gotta go with Joba on this 1. I absolutely love CC and think he's is 1 of the very few pitchers out their that has lived up to their contracts and is also 1 of if not the best FA signing we ve had in a very long time.

That said if were going on any future performance I'd take Price over CC and not have to think about it much. Price is 27 vs CC's 32. Last yr we started to see CC have some fairly serious injury issues. That combined with his very heavy workload and weight issues we could start seeing all that catch up with him.

Stuff wise their pretty comparable, Price's Fb is harder and his CB is better but CC's movement and control of his pitches seem to be better. To me it comes down to Price is just hitting his prime while CC's is probably towards the end of his. The difference isn't huge but i would say Price is the 3rd or 4th best pitcher in baseball while CC is probably top 10 IMO

I'd take Kuroda over Hellickson next yr and that not particularly close for me.

Pettitte vs Moore is tough for me. Moore's ceiling is so high and his stuff is so good if/ when it all clicks he could quite easily have a yr like Price did last yr. Pettitte was awesome when he pitched last yr but it was a fairly small sample size and i wonder how much more he has left. If it was a decsion who i'd start for 1 game i had to win next yr i go with Pettitte in a heartbeat but over the course of the entire yr thats alot tougher call IMO. I'd probably go Pettitte if health is assumed just because i think Moore is probably a season away from figuring it all out.

100 % agree about Mo until his arm falls off or he proves he can't do it any more he's the best closer

Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I'll make one for him.

Price had a cy young year this past year, no denying. But the guy is inconsistent. He has 2 pitches, and just because he throws 97-99 doesn't make him the best pitcher in our division. Check his previous seasons stats. I'd take CC who is a work horse over Price just about every day of the week (maybe not Sunday cause I'd rather have Kuroda )

I would say Carsten Charles is the best pitcher in our division hands down. He can win in the reg season and postseason, has 4 consistent pitches and knows how to get every hitter out. Price throws gas and challenges people, but has to learn to pitch because he's gonna lose that velo someday.

(source: I'm a pitcher and I watch more baseball than all of you, guaranteed.)
    i agree with u CC knows how to pitch and get hitters out but Price is far more than a 2 pitch flame thrower. Check out his pitch F/x datahttp://brooksbaseball.net/player_car...?player=456034 he throws 3 types of FB's mostly but he also throws a CB. SL & CU all at very similar %

CC is an awesome pitcher and i absolutely love knowing we have him on the team, I also might be a little biased towards Price because my brother player with him for a couple yrs. If were baising who's better since CC has been in the division i agree CC has been better but if were just going on last yr and going forward I'd go with Price.

As far as ranking the teams in the division its still to early in the off season to have a complete picture with so many moves still to be made. As it looks right now we have lost a ton of offensive prodution and only adding Youk and resigning Ichiro doesn't give me a ton of confidence in me. I hate what their playing on going with at catcher and we really don't know what their going to do at DH. IMO were still a good bat away and a strong return from Arod and Jeter from being legit contenders. The only thing i'm truely happy with is the rotation, especially is we can get a healthy Pineda back around June.

At this point the Rays still have enough pitching and with healthy seasons from Longoria, Jennings and a strong rookie yr from Myers and their other prospect they'll be bringing up its hard to argue that were better than them.

The Jays have one of the top 3 farm systems in baseball and have a couple very good prospects that should be ready next yr. They added all those players from the Marlins without giving up much of their immediate MLB roster, they stole Melky and are very close to adding Dickey. That would mean they have added an entire new front 3 to their rotation in Dickey, JJ and Buerhle to go with Morrow, Happ, Romero and Drabeck. Their lineup is now joke either, checkout their depth chart http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/depth/_/...onto-blue-jays

Baltimore is the mystery, they should be better just from getting back their injured pitchers and getting full seasons from Bundy and Machado along with a couple other good prospects they have coming but they still have so big holes to fill so who knows?

IMO those 3 teams have a very solid chance at being better than us next yr if they stay healthy and everything doesn't go perfectly for us. I still think its to early in the off season to know for sure but even getting a wild card much less the division won't be a cake walk like it has been for us

vCash
    Any decent hitter can put up .270 25-75 in the Yankee lineup batting 6th while playing a crappy rf with no speed.
    Unfortunately the crappy RF helped lead the Yanks to the postseason. Why all of the hate towards Swisher?

He was a consistent hitter in his 4 years in NY....he was not paid a lot compared to his production but was smoked by fans who thought he was the playoff savior who makes $20 million a season.

Cano was the money man who went 3-40, the teams best hitter went silent when he was the one who was suppose to be the Reggie Jackson or Mickey Mantle.

Swisher was a complimentary part and one who did what was asked. He played hard and did his best and just could not get over his demons of the postseason. He was a good Yankee and one who was proud to wear the pinstripes.

He will be missed!

But to solely judge him in the postseason is just a crabby old Yankee fan who thinks they should be a Reggie Jackson or a Mickey Mantle. Swisher was not paid to be those type of players.

Paul O'Neill sure spoiled Yankee fans.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Unfortunately the crappy RF helped lead the Yanks to the postseason. Why all of the hate towards Swisher?

He was a consistent hitter in his 4 years in NY....he was not paid a lot compared to his production but was smoked by fans who thought he was the playoff savior who makes $20 million a season.

Cano was the money man who went 3-40, the teams best hitter went silent when he was the one who was suppose to be the Reggie Jackson or Mickey Mantle.

Swisher was a complimentary part and one who did what was asked. He played hard and did his best and just could not get over his demons of the postseason. He was a good Yankee and one who was proud to wear the pinstripes.

He will be missed!

But to solely judge him in the postseason is just a crabby old Yankee fan who thinks they should be a Reggie Jackson or a Mickey Mantle. Swisher was not paid to be those type of players.

Paul O'Neill sure spoiled Yankee fans.
    Cano gets a postseason pass cause he's our best player and crushed it in the postseason in 10/11.

Swisher played 4 straight postseasons and was the worst player in HISTORY.

Swisher, at his current contract demands, offered nothing we need. Plus, his defense stinks. He single handedly lost us that playoff game.

Furthermore, the team needed a change and RF was the only position to do it.

We now inject speed and defense over hr and walks.

Wasn't this whole forum complaining about that all year?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I'm still befuddled by the Anibal Sanchez deal.

48-51 3.75 career

5/80

Really?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Josh Hamilton deal backloaded.

Gets $30 million per year in 2016-7.

Yikes.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Josh Hamilton deal backloaded.

Gets $30 million per year in 2016-7.

Yikes.
    He'll be Vernon Wells like by then.

vCash
    Cano gets a postseason pass cause he's our best player and crushed it in the postseason in 10/11.

Swisher played 4 straight postseasons and was the worst player in HISTORY.

Swisher, at his current contract demands, offered nothing we need. Plus, his defense stinks. He single handedly lost us that playoff game.

Furthermore, the team needed a change and RF was the only position to do it.

We now inject speed and defense over hr and walks.

Wasn't this whole forum complaining about that all year?

I agree 100% that he was a postseason failure to the fullest but he was still a hard playing Yankee and doesn't deserve the hate because 4 terrible October's, even if he was the worst in history..

As for Cano, a teams best player never gets a pass in Yankee postseasons when they have failures...he was suppose to deliver for the Yankees and he completely turned into a pumpkin...a player who wants $200 million can never take a month off especially in Oct when all Yankee fans look for the incredible talent to deliver.

Mediocre players like Swisher can get a pass but a $200 million talent cannot!

And screw 2011 with Cano! What did that get us?

trade that bum as well! We need younger and cheaper players!
    Nick

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast