Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1001
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    The argument is who the best pitcher RIGHT NOW. Im not talking David Price 5 years from now, I'm talking today. David Price, today, is the best pitcher in the AL east. And you still havent made a valid argurment otherwise.
    Why don't you give us an argument as to why Price is the best starter in the east? You haven't really given us one. Just been telling us to prove you wrong. Prove us right. I doubt you can, especially with your phantom 8-3 postseason record, lol.

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,657
    vCash
    1500
    Picking a one year wonder like Rodney or JJ over Mariano is really not very smart of a stance.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,240
    vCash
    1500
    Price is 27-10 against the AL East since 2010. He dominates the division.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Price is 27-10 against the AL East since 2010. He dominates the division.
    That's a little too small of a sample size, how about against the rest of the league?

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Price is actually 1-3 with a 3.96 ERA in the postseason. Check your stats
    I meant 1-3 my bad.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    ^ 8 and 1 are pretty far apart on the keyboard though... How about that argument?

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    That's a little too small of a sample size, how about against the rest of the league?
    Since 2010

    David Price: 51-24 2.93 era

    CC Sabatha: 55-21 3.17 era

    But yea, Price is inconsistent because he throws 2 pitches. Mo throws 1. How's that worked for him?

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    ^ 8 and 1 are pretty far apart on the keyboard though... How about that argument?
    Haha. Yeah, he's toast there.


    Bottom line is of course you'd take Price in a TRADE for CC cause he's younger, but for one year, they are at worst a pick em.

    And Kuroda and Andy DESTROY Hellickson and Moore as of this moment.

    Remember, health is assumed here.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  9. #624
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Why don't you give us an argument as to why Price is the best starter in the east? You haven't really given us one. Just been telling us to prove you wrong. Prove us right. I doubt you can, especially with your phantom 8-3 postseason record, lol.
    Does a Cy Young award not count? Do stats not count? Im confused, what does count? Because he isnt a Yankee? Jesus now I get why we are the most hated fanbase.

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    7,089
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Yanks have:

    Best starting pitcher in the division

    Best hitter in the division

    Best closer in the division

    Best bullpen in the division.

    If even say the best rotation in the division.


    What's the problem?
    What about the very old brittle lineup?
    Nick

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Haha. Yeah, he's toast there.


    Bottom line is of course you'd take Price in a TRADE for CC cause he's younger, but for one year, they are at worst a pick em.

    And Kuroda and Andy DESTROY Hellickson and Moore as of this moment.

    Remember, health is assumed here.
    Is this the same Leo who has bashed CC the last 3 years, "Fake Ace" blah blah. Now you say CC is better than Price. Wow dude, bi polar much? Drink another one buddy!

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Does a Cy Young award not count? Do stats not count? Im confused, what does count? Because he isnt a Yankee? Jesus now I get why we are the most hated fanbase.
    I gave you the cy young, but CC is also a cy young winner. Wins, clutch wins and pitching metrics count.

    I don't care he's not a Yankee. That has no influence on the argument haha. I just know that CC is the better pitcher based on tangibles and intangibles. Why are you so mad bro?

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Does a Cy Young award not count? Do stats not count? Im confused, what does count? Because he isnt a Yankee? Jesus now I get why we are the most hated fanbase.
    Doesn't Fatty have a Cy young? I think his stats over the last 3-4 years are pretty strong, no?

    RA Dickey won a Cy young. He better than CC?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Since 2010

    David Price: 51-24 2.93 era

    CC Sabatha: 55-21 3.17 era

    But yea, Price is inconsistent because he throws 2 pitches. Mo throws 1. How's that worked for him?
    It's worked well for him because it has so much movement. Price's fastball is as straight as an arrow, man. When people get ahold of it, it goes a LONG way. Just like Verlanders fastball.

    And I thought we were talking about NOW not previous years? :S

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    I think it all comes down to Price being young and still learning. This past year was a great one for him. Perhaps he is becoming the best pitcher in the east, but for now, CC still is.

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •