Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 1001
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,827
    vCash
    1500
    i have to actually present an argument why rivera is not only the best closer in the division but in all of baseball............ R.e.a.l.l.y. !!!!! God man............... I bet u think rg111 is better than eli as well !!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,722
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Of course some of these trades we come up with wont ever come true. But so what. People dont need to be bashed because of trade ideas they have. We would all love stanton straight up for arod. I just think the yankees need to do some work in order to compete. We are getting older and looks to be getting worse on paper. Granderson is our best trade chip right now and could get us a few very good pieces. No one wants to give up on a 40 HR hitter but hes going to be asking for a lot of money next offseason and it would be smart now to move him for pieces then to get a draft pick out of him.

    Sure I understand that and I'm not bashing I just expect more from the posters on the forum than this. Maybe I am mistaken, but I feel if you are on a baseball forum you should have a little more knowledge of the game. Thinking the Texas Rangers are going to fork over Profar for Granderson is one thing. Ignoring the FACT they already said NO to Justin Upton for Profar is another. BUT posting about it as a brilliant idea (guys I have this great idea on how to run the Yankees) is just silly. And a waste of "OUR" time.

    One question, how many of you are actually you all from the Tri-stare area? Because some of you are surprisingly sensitive. I'm not bashing I'm asking for people to refrain from posting the same silly crap trades (Stanton, Profar, King Felix) and over rating our players while under rating the other teams. If I wanted to play MLB the show I'd boot it up. Is it to much to ask to keep it real?
    Last edited by Thump; 12-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,827
    vCash
    1500
    at this point the only argument i could conjure up is 95-67................................... 3rd best record in all of baseball...................................... Tampa - no playoffs. I'll get back atcha after high wears off !!!!!!!!

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I've never once said CC was better than Price. Thats just ignorant. Mariano is a huge question mark. Huge. Price, Hellickson and Moore are better than CC, Kuroda and Andy. Too many ?'s with our rotation right now. Will Andy's durability hold up? Can Kuroda repeat from last year? After doing some research I'd give the Yanks bullpen a nod over the O's.
    Joba.....I like ya but ur way off here. In any comparison, health is assumed. Anyone can get hurt.

    If you think those three kids are better than out three vets, that's just wrong. None have them have won a big game in their life.

    I'll take Mariano on one leg over any closer. Period.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC DRUMMER View Post
    i have to actually present an argument why rivera is not only the best closer in the division but in all of baseball............ R.e.a.l.l.y. !!!!! God man............... I bet u think rg111 is better than eli as well !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think your living in the past with Rivera. Sure, he's the best closer ever. But at age 43, coming off MAJOR surgery, again, give your reasons why he is the best closer in the division. I'm still waiting on why Mr. Price somehow wins the Cy Young but isnt the best pitcher in the division.

    Well RGIII has a qb rating 104.2, Eli 86.4

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Joba.....I like ya but ur way off here. In any comparison, health is assumed. Anyone can get hurt.

    If you think those three kids are better than out three vets, that's just wrong. None have them have won a big game in their life.

    I'll take Mariano on one leg over any closer. Period.
    Price is 8-3 in the postseason. He's won big games. Not one argument can say Price isnt the best pitcher in this dvision. We have no idea what Mo is going to bring. Johnson and Rodney were lights out all freakin year.

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,722
    vCash
    1500
    I love Riveria more than anyone else in 2013. With that being said, I'd take Kimbrell over Riveria in 2013.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    I hope Mo is dominate in 2013. But to say he's going come back and be better than Rodney/Johnson is terribly homerish. Again, major surgery. He's a question mark.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,194
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Ok. Making progress. Now, please present a valid argument on why David Price isnt the best pitcher in the division. Please present a valid argument on why Rivera is the best closer in the division. Go.
    I'll make one for him.

    Price had a cy young year this past year, no denying. But the guy is inconsistent. He has 2 pitches, and just because he throws 97-99 doesn't make him the best pitcher in our division. Check his previous seasons stats. I'd take CC who is a work horse over Price just about every day of the week (maybe not Sunday cause I'd rather have Kuroda )

    I would say Carsten Charles is the best pitcher in our division hands down. He can win in the reg season and postseason, has 4 consistent pitches and knows how to get every hitter out. Price throws gas and challenges people, but has to learn to pitch because he's gonna lose that velo someday.

    (source: I'm a pitcher and I watch more baseball than all of you, guaranteed.)

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,194
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Price is 8-3 in the postseason. He's won big games. Not one argument can say Price isnt the best pitcher in this dvision. We have no idea what Mo is going to bring. Johnson and Rodney were lights out all freakin year.
    Price is actually 1-3 with a 3.96 ERA in the postseason. Check your stats

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Price is 8-3 in the postseason. He's won big games. Not one argument can say Price isnt the best pitcher in this dvision. We have no idea what Mo is going to bring. Johnson and Rodney were lights out all freakin year.
    David Price is 1-3 in the postseason. Choke artist.

    Not sure where u get ur stats from.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,239
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    I'll make one for him.

    Price had a cy young year this past year, no denying. But the guy is inconsistent. He has 2 pitches, and just because he throws 97-99 doesn't make him the best pitcher in our division. Check his previous seasons stats. I'd take CC who is a work horse over Price just about every day of the week (maybe not Sunday cause I'd rather have Kuroda )

    I would say Carsten Charles is the best pitcher in our division hands down. He can win in the reg season and postseason, has 4 consistent pitches and knows how to get every hitter out. Price throws gas and challenges people, but has to learn to pitch because he's gonna lose that velo someday.

    (source: I'm a pitcher and I watch more baseball than all of you, guaranteed.)
    The argument is who the best pitcher RIGHT NOW. Im not talking David Price 5 years from now, I'm talking today. David Price, today, is the best pitcher in the AL east. And you still havent made a valid argurment otherwise.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Price is actually 1-3 with a 3.96 ERA in the postseason. Check your stats
    2010-11 playoffs. 0-3 with 19 ip, 24 hits, 13 runs. Bombed!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,194
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I hope Mo is dominate in 2013. But to say he's going come back and be better than Rodney/Johnson is terribly homerish. Again, major surgery. He's a question mark.
    He will be. This is Mariano we're talking about. So what he's 43? The guy hasn't really been injured his whole career, he's super athletic and have we forgotten the best closer in the history of baseball? Why don't we give him the benefit of the doubt, yeah?

    He takes care of his body. He's been rehabbing for a couple months now. The guy will be just fine. Is he going to have 50 saves with 1.20 ERA? Probably not, but it is certainly possible.

    Just like you say there's no argument that Price is (laughably) the best pitcher in the east, there's no argument that Mo will be any worse than Jim J or Rodney.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    The argument is who the best pitcher RIGHT NOW. Im not talking David Price 5 years from now, I'm talking today. David Price, today, is the best pitcher in the AL east. And you still havent made a valid argurment otherwise.
    Your argument is based on incorrect stats. He's done NOTHING to warrant being better than CC for 2013.

    I'm not even a huge fan of CC and feel this way.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •