Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Nats would probably be the best match up for Stanton. Harper, Rendon could be a starting point. I laugh when people say we should trade for Stanton. We have nothing Florida would want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    The Nats would probably be the best match up for Stanton. Harper, Rendon could be a starting point. I laugh when people say we should trade for Stanton. We have nothing Florida would want
    I think the Nats don't do that trade.

Harper at 19 put up a season with a rWAR of 5.0 and a fWAR of 4.9. That's all-star level production as a teenager. He (along with Strasburgh) is the face of that franchise. I doubt he gets moved.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I think the Nats don't do that trade.

Harper at 19 put up a season with a rWAR of 5.0 and a fWAR of 4.9. That's borderline all-star level production as a teenager. He (along with Strasburgh) is the face of that franchise. I doubt he gets moved.
    Strasburgh has injury written all over him IMO. His delivery makes me hurt. Hope I'm wrong I'd love to see him have a nice career

vCash
    Harper > Stanton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Harper > Stanton
    I agree. I'd rather have Harper too. Plus defensive player at all 3 OF positions. Already has good power, with potentially plus power. Good plate discipline, good base-runner. He's gonna have some epic seasons in a few years.

Stanton has prodigious power but his K-rates really scare me. He's a really good defensive OF as well (in RF) with a solid arm.

Both are awesome though.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Kinda random but over the last three years:

Player A: BA .252 / OBP .347 / SLG .484 / OPS .831 / OPS+ 121

Player B: BA .274 / OBP .366 / SLG .478 / OPS .844 / OPS+ 125

Player A is Mark Teixeira, Player B is Nick Swisher...
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Kinda random but over the last three years:

Player A: BA .252 / OBP .347 / SLG .484 / OPS .831 / OPS+ 121

Player B: BA .274 / OBP .366 / SLG .478 / OPS .844 / OPS+ 125

Player A is Mark Teixeira, Player B is Nick Swisher...
    Now gives the numbers prior to 2009

I understand he is not in 2009 mode anymore but to continue to blast him because of the contract is not right....anybody who follows baseball knows these players are not machines and nothing is guaranteed. Greedy spoiled fans need to buy a DVD of the 2009 season.

Teix is not going to be 40 at the end, just 36 and could still be productive if healthy...

Did you really expect .290 37 125 every season of his contract? Not even Pujols can do that anymore and they have 9 more years to go.

I want a productive Teix but to expect 2009 is not being realistic, he could still have a couple huge years but not everyone.

Swish wll get 4/47 from somebody. Now go talk to the Yankees and ask them to lower Teix's contract number to that of Swish.....good luck with that!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Now gives the numbers prior to 2009

I understand he is not in 2009 mode anymore but to continue to blast him because of the contract is not right....anybody who follows baseball knows these players are not machines and nothing is guaranteed. Greedy spoiled fans need to buy a DVD of the 2009 season.

Teix is not going to be 40 at the end, just 36 and could still be productive if healthy...

Did you really expect .290 37 125 every season of his contract? Not even Pujols can do that anymore and they have 9 more years to go.

I want a productive Teix but to expect 2009 is not being realistic, he could still have a couple huge years but not everyone.

Swish wll get 4/47 from somebody. Now go talk to the Yankees and ask them to lower Teix's contract number to that of Swish.....good luck with that!
    Who cares about the numbers pre-2010?

I'm not blasting Tex. I was just comparing Swisher's offensive value to Tex' over the past few years, showing that one can argue that Swisher has been the 2nd most valuable offensive player for the Yankees since 2010 behind Cano. Maybe 3rd behind Granderson as well.

As a fan, I can blast the contract. It wasn't a bad contract at the time because we thought we were getting an elite 1B. We got that for one season. For the other 3 years we got an above average player. These deals are the reason we are in the predicament that we are in. Long-term deals. No one saw Tex falling off like he has, but the end result is he has fallen off and he's a burden on the payroll.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    48-51 gets you $80 million from the Tigers!

Hilarious!

Goodluck with that one!
    Nick

vCash
    Who cares about the numbers pre-2010?

I'm not blasting Tex. I was just comparing Swisher's offensive value to Tex' over the past few years, showing that one can argue that Swisher has been the 2nd most valuable offensive player for the Yankees since 2010 behind Cano. Maybe 3rd behind Granderson as well.

As a fan, I can blast the contract. It wasn't a bad contract at the time because we thought we were getting an elite 1B. We got that for one season. For the other 3 years we got an above average player. These deals are the reason we are in the predicament that we are in. Long-term deals. No one saw Tex falling off like he has, but the end result is he has fallen off and he's a burden on the payroll.

Blame Yankee Stadium! It basically ruined him...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Blame Yankee Stadium! It basically ruined him...
    I guess that's why he's hit better at home than on the road 2 out of the last 3 years.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    That goes hand in hand. Teams would love to have him but not at 22.5M AAV.
    You've almost got it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You've almost got it.
    Yet, you still fail to see the logic.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I love how everyone freaks out that our payroll is going to go down.

It's quite funny.

Buying championships doesn't really work. We've tried that formula for many many years.

How many championships have we won, oh yeah. One.

Some yankees fans act like spoiled little *****es.

What team are you talking about? ONE Championship? I demand a recount. They didn't just start spending recently. Let's take a step back. How many Championships since free agency began? I'd say it worked just fine.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    I guess that's why he's hit better at home than on the road 2 out of the last 3 years.
    It ruined his style of hitting....He is now a dead pull hitter and that was not Tex's game prior to coming to the Yankees.
    Nick

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast