Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Who says you can't spend and improve your team through trades and the farm? Everyone assumes that you have to have one or the other. It is clear Hal is not like his father.
    What farm?

We depleted out farm system with trades and don't have upper level talent too go out and get better young team controlled players.

You can blame on that george and cash man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    What farm?

We depleted out farm system with trades and don't have upper level talent too go out and get better young team controlled players.

So the only option we have is to suck until we can develop a decent farm system?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    So the only option we have is to suck until we can develop a decent farm system?
    Well, there aren't any high valued players above High-A/Double-A that are major league ready that teams would be interested in.

Bentances has no control and was demoted to Double-A.
    Banuelous had tommy john surgery.

The amount of big contracts, the fact that although we have to be at 189 million for 2014; too reset the tax.

Actually salary wise has to be at 170 million because the other roughly 19 million are for other things such as insurance and what not.

Yeah pretty much just gotta suck it up for a year or two.

vCash
    I think the Yankees are really content on just patching things together the next couple years. Nothing they have done recently leads me to think otherwise.

The Indians just got the (according to mlb.com) 5th best prospect in baseball in Bauer for one year of Choo and spare parts. The Yankees couldn't package Granderson and some spare parts for a good young prospect that just maybe would help them get under the budget? Its obvious the reason Granderson isn't being traded - the Yankees know the only way to replace his production is to pony up for Hamilton and they don't want to do that. So the Yankees will linger on the fringe of rebuilding and attempting to put out a decent team without spending money.

I feel like I'm a broken record but it amazes me that the Yankees think going into next year with having to replace 3/5 of their rotation and more than half of their lineup (at least) in free agency under an actual strict budget is a good idea. Especially in this crazy market with guys like Victorino getting 13M a year.

vCash
    I still think the Yankees get big name here. They always do something big, every off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    I still think the Yankees get big name here. They always do something big, every off-season.
    This offseason is different. Trying to hit an actual payroll. And stupid large contracts on the books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    This offseason is different. Trying to hit an actual payroll. And stupid large contracts on the books.
    I mean, the only bad contract the Yankees have is A-Rod, really.

vCash
    Teix could be considered a bad contract as well. 22.5 AAV

vCash
    CC, Teix, Jeter, and ARod take up 100 million dollars in payroll combined. CC is the only one whose contract I do not despise.

vCash
    What farm?

Besides Montero who have we really lost since 2000 thru trades?
    Nick

vCash
    Well, there aren't any high valued players above High-A/Double-A that are major league ready that teams would be interested in.

Bentances has no control and was demoted to Double-A.
    Banuelous had tommy john surgery.

The amount of big contracts, the fact that although we have to be at 189 million for 2014; too reset the tax.

Actually salary wise has to be at 170 million because the other roughly 19 million are for other things such as insurance and what not.

Yeah pretty much just gotta suck it up for a year or two.
    Or make trades like the Rays do.
    Hughes should have been traded a few years ago....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Besides Montero who have we really lost since 2000 thru trades?
    Despite the fact that I don't hate the trade, Jackson and Kennedy have turned out pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    CC, Teix, Jeter, and ARod take up 100 million dollars in payroll combined. CC is the only one whose contract I do not despise.
    Jeter just has a couple of years left, but he's still very important to this team. C.C shouldn't even be mentioned. Tex is a gold glove first baseman who can hit 40-homers and 100-ribbies every season. If you hate Tex, then you can never be happy with a first baseman.

vCash
    Jeter just has a couple of years left, but he's still very important to this team. C.C shouldn't even be mentioned. Tex is a gold glove first baseman who can hit 40-homers and 100-ribbies every season. If you hate Tex, then you can never be happy with a first baseman.
    There''s more offense than random counting stats like HR's and RBI's.

Tex and A-Rod are the only truly awful contracts on the Yankees (A-Rod being the worst, by far).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    There''s more offense than random counting stats like HR's and RBI's.

Tex and A-Rod are the only truly awful contracts on the Yankees (A-Rod being the worst, by far).
    I would be pissed, if the Yankees traded Teixeira. This comes to show you how spoiled and confused some fans are. You know how many teams would love Tex on their team ?

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast