Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1001
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    17,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    We had the same staff this past year and look where that got us..
    You mean the same staff that was the only highlight in the postseason and pretty much carried the Yanks to the ALCS?

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Good thread. I think the answer is somewhere in-between. Teixeira has become a big disappointment in the clutch where he is popping up and grounding out as he tries to hit it 450'. He used to hit line drive singles and doubles that just about took the cover off the ball. Now he has a power uppercut, pull swing which does not work most of the time. You can't pull low strikes on the outside of the plate but he tries to no avail.

    Once again, welcome to the forum.
    It's the shift, man. I agree that the answer is to work on hitting the ball the other way, but the same thing happened to Giambi and he and Tex were pretty similar hitters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    whats funn is that Arod has become more AVG hitter than homerun hitter and people here hate him for it
    No, people kill him for being a mediocre average hitter with mediocre power. If you forgot, he used to hit 300 or better every season while being an elite power guy. Lately he has been a .270 singles hitter who can't even stay on the field..

    So I really don't see where you are coming from...

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    1,936
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    whats funn is that Arod has become more AVG hitter than homerun hitter and people here hate him for it
    Yeah because his avg was actually higher when he was hitting more homeruns. The lower his HR's the lower his avg has been. But your right, he has become an "average" hitter.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 12-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    6,440
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Yeah because his avg was actually higher when he was hitting more homeruns. The lower his HR's the lower his avg has been. But your right, he has become an "average" hitter.
    Well he is 37. Randy Johnson could once throw over 100 pitches in a game easy meanwhile now he would probably have to come out of a game after 30 pitches. Age has effects on a player. Arod could still very well have a bit of a resurgence but he will never be the player he once was.

    Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,612
    vCash
    1500
    Yep

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    17,584
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Well he is 37. Randy Johnson could once throw over 100 pitches in a game easy meanwhile now he would probably have to come out of a game after 30 pitches. Age has effects on a player. Arod could still very well have a bit of a resurgence but he will never be the player he once was.
    RJ is probably the wrong guy to use when talking about age. He pitched 205 innings when he was 42.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    24,078
    vCash
    1500
    Mets turn down Olt for Dickey?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    24,078
    vCash
    1500
    All i hear about this Wil Myers kid is that he's a hr beast. Then mlb shows three straight highlights of him hitting bloop singles.

    Wtf.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    All i hear about this Wil Myers kid is that he's a hr beast. Then mlb shows three straight highlights of him hitting bloop singles.

    Wtf.
    He's got some question marks around him. His K rate is pretty high. It's an interesting trade all around. I would gladly take Myers though.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    He's got some question marks around him. His K rate is pretty high. It's an interesting trade all around. I would gladly take Myers though.
    140K and 24HR in 134 games in AA-AAA in 2012. Yikes


    He does have a high BA and OBP though.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    140K and 24HR in 134 games in AA-AAA in 2012. Yikes


    He does have a high BA and OBP though.
    37 HRs.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    24,078
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    140K and 24HR in 134 games in AA-AAA in 2012. Yikes


    He does have a high BA and OBP though.
    Thought he hit 37.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    37 HRs.
    Whoops forgot too add in the other split.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    24,078
    vCash
    1500
    Clev offered swisher 4/44.

    Ummm, that's not 5/100.

    Dingbat.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •