Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    normally id want the draft pick but I just dont like damon oppenheimers approach to the draft so i rather stick with swisher
    id rather have the draft pick i'm not crazy about Oppenheimers approach either but having extra pick at the top of the draft increases our draft pool and who knows, he's gotten lucky before

Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    They should trade Grandy to Rangers for Olt and then sign Hamilton. 3B of the future.
    i agree with the Hamilton thing at this point but if the Ranger are very hesitant to give up Olt for 3 yrs of J up, no way they give him up for 1 yr of Grandy
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Dodgers reached an agreement with starting pitcher Ryu, who had a sub 1.50 era over like 3-4 seasons. LOL!!! And they still want Anibal.

Kershaw
    Greinke
    Ryu
    Beckett
    Billingsley
    Capuano
    Harang
    Lily

Capuano, Harang, and Lily are a decent 3-4 type pitcher in themselves. Hahahahaha
    from what ive read Ryu is more of a BP guy who's ceiling is a number 3 starter. I think they'll definitely go after another starter like Sanchez. The thing i don't get is what the hell they were thinking making Greinke the highest paid pitcher ever in terms of AAS. The have to re sign Kershaw soon are now their going to have to pay him way more than Greinke. Unless they truly don't care how much their going to spend their probably going to have to pay Kershaw 30+m over 7-8 yrs. Say hello to the first 200m dollar pitcher. Unless Texas can land Price then they'll extend him for at least that much.

The trade market isn't any better look what KC had to give up for Sheilds and Davis
    We thought pitching was expensive last yr, God help us if our new MILB pitching cordinator can develop us some high end arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Well, signs are pointing to this being a reality...

Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Dick/Puppy
    Romine/Cervix
    Gardner

I can live with that for a year.
    With every team in the AL East getting way better i just don't see that as a lineup that makes the playoffs. IMO Hamilton is really turning into a need if were going to be serious contenders.

If that doesn't workout i would trade Grandy now, which is probably going to happen either way. Then try to re sign Cano to a reasonable deal, if they can't find a reasonable deal, trade him for everything they can get and accelerate the rebuilding process

vCash
    The Rangers would give up Olt for Justin Upton in a second. The D-Backs want a SS in return and are asking for Profar or Andrus, who the Rangers do not wish to give up.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Rays got 3 or 4 VERY GOOD prospects. Unbelievable. They strike again.
    They fleeced the Royals!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Seems like Indians are close to signing Reynolds....I see Youk coming here. I know he gets quite a bit of hate but I think he will do real well in YS
    That opens the door for Youkilis!

And probably Ichy.....

They should jut sign Josh and keep everybody else and go for broke....then let Grandy, Cano walk along with rest of the 1 year players and start over with their own players..

Just build around CC, Hamilton, ARod, Teix, Jeter, Joba, Robertson, Nova, Puppy and Gardner....the rest can walk!

Then Jeter walks after 2014!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-10-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    id rather have the draft pick i'm not crazy about Oppenheimers approach either but having extra pick at the top of the draft increases our draft pool and who knows, he's gotten lucky before

i agree with the Hamilton thing at this point but if the Ranger are very hesitant to give up Olt for 3 yrs of J up, no way they give him up for 1 yr of Grandy

from what ive read Ryu is more of a BP guy who's ceiling is a number 3 starter. I think they'll definitely go after another starter like Sanchez. The thing i don't get is what the hell they were thinking making Greinke the highest paid pitcher ever in terms of AAS. The have to re sign Kershaw soon are now their going to have to pay him way more than Greinke. Unless they truly don't care how much their going to spend their probably going to have to pay Kershaw 30+m over 7-8 yrs. Say hello to the first 200m dollar pitcher. Unless Texas can land Price then they'll extend him for at least that much.

The trade market isn't any better look what KC had to give up for Sheilds and Davis
    We thought pitching was expensive last yr, God help us if our new MILB pitching cordinator can develop us some high end arm.

With every team in the AL East getting way better i just don't see that as a lineup that makes the playoffs. IMO Hamilton is really turning into a need if were going to be serious contenders.

If that doesn't workout i would trade Grandy now, which is probably going to happen either way. Then try to re sign Cano to a reasonable deal, if they can't find a reasonable deal, trade him for everything they can get and accelerate the rebuilding process
    And let Teix and CC sink with the ship?
    Nick

vCash
    chicks dig the long ball
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Word is that Yanks are shopping Grandy but Sox shopping Ellsbury to counter, hence nobody taking any interest yet.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    I think you should go see a volcano. Then jump in it.
    Typical nasty troll response from you. You offer no interesting info about the Yankees or baseball in general. You prefer to roam the forum and troll. The person who opened the thread is new and only has six posts. Instead of making him feel welcome you insult him. But that is what trolls do. I see there is a private message petition going around to have you banned for good.
    Last edited by 7chuck7; 12-10-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Word is that Yanks are shopping Grandy but Sox shopping Ellsbury to counter, hence nobody taking any interest yet.
    You would think teams would be a little weary of Ellsbury. The guy cannot stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Probably not but that is why you debate it.....
    No thanks. I'll stick to the real world.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    We had the same staff this past year and look where that got us..
    LOL!!!! LOOK WHERE IT GOT US? It GOT US to the ALCS. Care to post the "long list" of teams that made it further?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb1011 View Post
    Is there anyone else here who thinks that a lot of our problems with offense in the post season specifically is a result of us having TOO MUCH POWER?

The Yankees have been broadcasting that they want to field a home run hitting team for some time now. Am I the only one who is tired of us simply having players that homer or make an out? Look at other teams that have been winning, several of their batting averages are in the very high 200s or in the 300s. Out main guys (aside from Jeter and Cano) have hit around .240 or .250. I would rather see guys who hit 15-25 homeruns and hit .300 instead of guys who hit .240 and either strike out/ground out or hit a homerun(see Teixeira for a prime example)...I think it would be more productive.

It's one of the reasons I think we would have been better off with my favorite player, Brett Gardner, being healthy all year and into the playoffs.

What do you guys think?
    Welcome to the forum. Good thread. I think the answer is somewhere in-between. Teixeira has become a big disappointment in the clutch where he is popping up and grounding out as he tries to hit it 450'. He used to hit line drive singles and doubles that just about took the cover off the ball. Now he has a power uppercut, pull swing which does not work most of the time. You can't pull low strikes on the outside of the plate but he tries to no avail.

Once again, welcome to the forum.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Delmon Young is a FA. Possible target for an OF spot.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL!!!! LOOK WHERE IT GOT US? It GOT US to the ALCS. Care to post the "long list" of teams that made it further?
    But we have no pitcher for the future. Pineda would be that guy, but who knows.

vCash
    whats funn is that Arod has become more AVG hitter than homerun hitter and people here hate him for it

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast