Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    they sign Youk to a 1 yr 12 mil coming off a down year but they wont sign AJ for 1 yr 7.5 mil coming off a great year, and catcher is arguably the most important position of need (and position in general)
    1- There's a reason to believe that Youk was a better player in 2012 than his numbers indicated and is due for a a better overall batting line in 2013.

2- AJ is coming of a career year at 35. 2012 (520 PA's)- 27 HR's .... 2009-2011 (1538 PA's)- 30 HR's.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    So do you think Youk was worth 12 mil?
    Depends.

He will never be the player he was pre-2011 but I don't think he's as bad as he was in 2012. I think he will have a year similar to 2011. When he put up a batting line of .258 / .373 / .459. If he does that and stays healthy enough to play 120 games at 1B/3B/DH total then yes. I think he would be worth the 12M.

What I'm saying is that I'm more confident in Youk bouncing back than I am in AJ repeating his numbers.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Its pretty much what you believe. If we had signed AJ, I wouldn't have cared either way. I would have expected an average offensive catcher (with below average defense). I would have welcomed him and would have supported him (because he's a Yankee).

We didn't sign him though and I'm still fairly indifferent. I don't think he would have been much of an upgrade.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over the non-signing of Pierzynski.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free agent infielder Casey McGehee has agreed to play in Japan for the Rakuten Eagles, according to multiple Japanese reports (via Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker). Within this Sankei/MSN report Rakuten scouting director Hiroshi Abei acknowledges the sides have agreed to a deal, pending a physical. McGehee, a Meister Sports Management client, will earn $1.3MM on a one-year contract.

McGehee spent this past season with the Pirates and Yankees, appearing in 114 games. The 30-year-old posted a .217/.284/.358 batting line with nine home runs and 16 doubles in 352 plate appearances while playing first base, second base and third base. He earned $2.54MM in 2012 and elected free agency in October.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5wl2omH9l2Hglr2A.99
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free agent infielder Casey McGehee has agreed to play in Japan for the Rakuten Eagles, according to multiple Japanese reports (via Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker). Within this Sankei/MSN report Rakuten scouting director Hiroshi Abei acknowledges the sides have agreed to a deal, pending a physical. McGehee, a Meister Sports Management client, will earn $1.3MM on a one-year contract.

McGehee spent this past season with the Pirates and Yankees, appearing in 114 games. The 30-year-old posted a .217/.284/.358 batting line with nine home runs and 16 doubles in 352 plate appearances while playing first base, second base and third base. He earned $2.54MM in 2012 and elected free agency in October.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#5wl2omH9l2Hglr2A.99
    COULDVE HAD A BEER WITH HIM AT STANS

vCash
    **** you Casey McGehee!! You were washing toilets with a tooth brush in Pittsburgh before we got you, and you became a star with us!

vCash
    Casey Mgahee. International Man of Mystery.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    cody ransom signs minor-league deal with #padres
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

vCash

Smile

This is the same Cody Ransom that told the Yankees he wants a 2 year contract, yet signs a minor league deal with the Padres. Sounds like he tried to play the Yankees.

vCash
    Or he was simply hoping that they would give him a King's.....

.....RANSOM.

vCash
    I wonder what place the Yankees will finish in the AL East.

I sent Bernman a VM asking his opinion of this.

I am currently awaiting his reply. If I had to guess I'm gonna say he will pick third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post

I am currently awaiting his reply. If I had to guess I'm gonna say he will pick third.
    Based on what? The Rays are worse, the Orioles have done nothing, and the Red Sox have made a bunch of questionable signings. The Jays have become the Miami Marlins. Meanwhile, the Yankees are the same team that won 95 games minus Swisher and Martin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Based on what? The Rays are worse, the Orioles have done nothing, and the Red Sox have made a bunch of questionable signings. The Jays have become the Miami Marlins. Meanwhile, the Yankees are the same team that won 95 games minus Swisher and Martin.
    Tell him slick !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post

vCash
    has anyone heard anything new about Swisher and Soriano?