Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Granderson batted .218 against lefties...

Not all lefty hitters hit well against LHP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Granderson batted .218 against lefties...

Not all lefty hitters hit well against LHP.
    Most don't. It's one reason I'm not overly keen on 3 lefties in the OF. This team was in need of RHed power.

vCash
    Mets have acquired Collin Cowgill which should take them out of the running for Scott Hairston and Cody Ross. The Yankees need to jump on one of those bats.

Right Handed pop is sorely needed in this lineup full of left handed outfielders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Value out of Jose Reyes?

Lmao!
    Will be a huge disappointment.........his legs will never hold up playing in that pit!

It takes quite alot to distinguish yourself from other Yankee fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Mets have acquired Collin Cowgill which should take them out of the running for Scott Hairston and Cody Ross. The Yankees need to jump on one of those bats.

Right Handed pop is sorely needed in this lineup full of left handed outfielders.
    Hairston wants to go back to the Mets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Phillies want Cody Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I don't see the Mets re-signing Hairston. Cowgill pretty much is taking over his role as Right-Handed corner OF platoon guy. Phillies are probably the Yankees biggest competition for Cody Ross. I could see Amaro getting stupid with a crazy dollar amount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    I don't see the Mets re-signing Hairston. Cowgill pretty much is taking over his role as Right-Handed corner OF platoon guy. Phillies are probably the Yankees biggest competition for Cody Ross. I could see Amaro getting stupid with a crazy dollar amount.
    I hope Amaro throws crazy money at Ross. I dont want him on this team. Unless for 1 year and I dont see him going that route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    How should I know?

They clearly are capable of fielding a high-payroll team though. Which was the main point of my post.

You need to do homework before making random statements (like saying that the Jays can't afford a big payroll team when the numbers suggest otherwise). Also, they have been middle of the pack in terms of total payroll since 2007 with an average payroll of around 82M.

Its very possible that they have just been biding their team. They are a bit of a sleeping giant in baseball. Richest owners + smart GM + good farm system. The players have to perform and the coaches have to coach but they can field a very good team going forward.

Then if they had all of this money why did they always finish behind the Yanks and Sox in payroll since the mid 1990s? That is a long time....not one year sof spending or trading until 2012?

The only reason why they are spending now is the new CBA agreement, if this did not happen they would still be stuck in 4th place because of minimal spending....

I never doubted their current talent just feel there are too many players moving in for them to jell in the 1st year.....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Nick Swisher > Ethier
    Why would Hal agree to taking on the contract of Ethier?

You people are reaching anything to grab.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    It takes quite alot to distinguish yourself from other Yankee fans.
    Are Yankee fans suppose to all agree in unison?

I have my opinions and other have theirs. And I think $106 million for Jose Reyes is a joke, just like giving Carl Crawford his joke of a contract. But to attack verbally attack people's opinions is a selfish poster...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Most don't. It's one reason I'm not overly keen on 3 lefties in the OF. This team was in need of RHed power.
    And Cashman knows that and will address the situation as time progresses.

Need a decent DH but not one who can't play in the field as the DH must be rotated to keep the older troops healthy and to give our big gun Cano a few days off in the field.

Cano must have a huge year.

.320 35 120

This will get him his huge deal and then he can be out of here and Brian can finally go with some youth and have some salaries in the $500,000 range, starting players, not role players......
    Nick

vCash
    Then if they had all of this money why did they always finish behind the Yanks and Sox in payroll since the mid 1990s? That is a long time....not one year sof spending or trading until 2012?

The only reason why they are spending now is the new CBA agreement, if this did not happen they would still be stuck in 4th place because of minimal spending....

I never doubted their current talent just feel there are too many players moving in for them to jell in the 1st year.....
    Probably because they weren't 100% owned by the Rogers family till 2004. They've spent money since then, things haven't worked out. (Vernon Wells and Alexis Rios extensions come to mind)

If a team is competitive, they will spend.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Probably because they weren't 100% owned by the Rogers family till 2004. They've spent money since then, things haven't worked out. (Vernon Wells and Alexis Rios extensions come to mind)

If a team is competitive, they will spend.
    That's right. A lot of times people assume that teams spend money and then become competitive, but more often, it's the other way around. Teams become competitive and then add payroll to fill holes and take them to the next level. The Blue Jays haven't spent in the past because they were more than one or two free agents away from being competitive.

vCash

Morales

Angels Seek Innings-Eater For Kendrys Morales

Kendrys Morales remains more likely to be traded than Peter Bourjos and Mark Trumbo in the wake of the Josh Hamilton signing, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). The Angels seek an innings-eating starting pitcher in return for their switch-hitting DH.
    Last edited by Corsair05; 12-19-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast