Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Well

1. Only a dumb *** drives there; you can take the train, a lot more convenient.

2. Everyone acts like it's only expensive at Yankees stadium. All ball parks are expensive, it's called cost of living, NY is one of the more expensive area's for everything.

3. Try parking anywhere in NYC and it's expensive as hell.

4. And also, the parking lot is run by an outside company, not the Yankees.
    1. Try taking the kids from Long Island on the train and see how much that costs

2. There are plenty of stadiums significantly cheaper, I've sat field level at Camden Yards for 45$

3. Most of NYC is not the ****ing south bronx

4. Just because the parking is managed by an outside group doesn't mean the yankees aren't taking a cut.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Its completely fine to cut payroll IMO if the team had a plan, made some moves to set them up for it over the years, had kids ready or just had some sensible idea of how to do it. The Yankees obviously don't.
    Dude, they have an awesome plan:

They will make Joba a starter and call up the killer b's.

Duh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    1. Try taking the kids from Long Island on the train and see how much that costs

2. There are plenty of stadiums significantly cheaper, I've sat field level at Camden Yards for 45$

4. Just because the parking is managed by an outside group doesn't mean the yankees aren't taking a cut.
    Please refer to this as SOUFF. Our president would appreciate that. Thx.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post

1. I do take kids from long island to the game, I generally go to 40-44 games a year. Won't be going to that many games any more as I feel the value of the team product on the field is not worth the cost.

2. Look at how cheap everything in Baltimore is compared to NY?

3. South bronx is part of NYC. It's one of the five boroughs? No? Unless it magically became part of another state? Or upstate NY? Am I missing something here?

4. I'm sure the Yankees take a cut. But it's still the outside company that set's the prices.

vCash
    Who said it's going to take 8 years? We have talent that's two years away. If they pan out.

Also who says the Yankees won't spend again. Everyone is complaining about pure speculation about what the Yankees will do after 2014.
    IF THEY PAN OUT. How much did we hear about Betances and Banuelos a few years ago? They were untouchable. And the kids you are referring to havent played above single a ball so lets not get to excited hoping they are going to save the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    IF THEY PAN OUT. How much did we hear about Betances and Banuelos a few years ago? They were untouchable. And the kids you are referring to havent played above single a ball so lets not get to excited hoping they are going to save the team.
    Some happen to be in Double-A Ball. Who will start there and most likely see a bump to Triple-A this year. Meaning they can possibly even make the roster next year.

Banuelos is only 21. He was in Triple-A at Age 20. Hi.

-He's still young, when he heals from tommy john surgery he will make an impact on this rotation by 2015. Add too the fact that he is a lefty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Killer B's and Montero are hall of famers! Don't hate!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Montero was a young pujols oh....
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Killer B's and Montero are hall of famers! Don't hate!
    Montero, if he even had a position other then DH, would of put up excellent numbers in Yankees stadium.

I agree brackman is junk.

Bentances has great stuff, just can't command, maybe our new pitching coach we just hired can fix him. If not, oh well.

Banuelous is only 21. In Triple-A coming off tommy john surgery. He will impact the rotation by 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Idk why the Yankees just didn't sign B.J Upton.
    Because he sucks?

vCash
    Montero, if he even had a position other then DH, would of put up excellent numbers in Yankees stadium.

I agree brackman is junk.

Bentances has great stuff, just can't command, maybe our new pitching coach we just hired can fix him. If not, oh well.

Banuelous is only 21. In Triple-A coming off tommy john surgery. He will impact the rotation by 2015.
    If I may translate :

Montero stinks.

Brackman works at Taco Bell.

Betances has great stuff but can't command it? I have great stuff but can't throw over 70mph. So, we both suck.

Banuelos will live in Costa Rica by 2015.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    ^ just gonna say flippin burgers by 2015
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    It hasnt been all bad news... the yankees did sign Bobby Wilson. So we have 30 catches trying to win the job. 1 has to pan out right?

vCash
    1. I do take kids from long island to the game, I generally go to 40-44 games a year. Won't be going to that many games any more as I feel the value of the team product on the field is not worth the cost.

2. Look at how cheap everything in Baltimore is compared to NY?

3. South bronx is part of NYC. It's one of the five boroughs? No? Unless it magically became part of another state? Or upstate NY? Am I missing something here?

4. I'm sure the Yankees take a cut. But it's still the outside company that set's the prices.
    1. So you understand its less expensive to drive at 18$ round trip on the LIRR

2. You were comparing the pricing of the rest of baseball to the yankees and stating there wasn't a huge difference, thank you for proving my point and illustrating that there certainly is a difference.

3. The Bronx is 1/5 of NYC and the most dangerous and hardest to get to borough, not in the same universe of prices in manhattan or bk or queens, which is my point

4. Ok? Its still radically expensive.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Here are some solutions.

1. Ronnier Mustelier- Guy can hit, and he can slide into right field.
    2. David Adams- 2B, but if yankees re-sign cano and DH a-rod can play third(next year)
    3. Austin Romine- C- If his back can hold up.

There's solutions too our three current problems.

Cost effective.

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast