Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If you think the 2012 lineup is thin wait until next Dec offseason potential lineup:

2014 lineup

1. Jeter SS
    4. Teix 1b
    5. ARod DH
    9. Gardner CF
    And an actual strict budget. Good stuff.

vCash
    How many 1st basemen have these 162 game averages?

.369 OBA
    ..527SLG
    .896 OPS

He will have more homeruns with 5 full years as a Yankee than what he had in his first 5 years in Tex, ATL and LA. The only number down is the overrated batting average..again, he got the contract because of market value and Levine and Hank's influence.

So what is his true market value? Was it inflated in the 2008 offseason?
    Everything is down a lot with him - average, OBP, SLG, OPS. And it seems like it's just getting worse every year.

vCash
    How many 1st basemen have these 162 game averages?

.369 OBA
    ..527SLG
    .896 OPS

He will have more homeruns with 5 full years as a Yankee than what he had in his first 5 years in Tex, ATL and LA. The only number down is the overrated batting average..again, he got the contract because of market value and Levine and Hank's influence.

So what is his true market value? Was it inflated in the 2008 offseason?
    BA .252 / OBP .347 / SLG .484 / OPS .831

That's his average the past 3 seasons. His career averages have no meaning considering he isn't nearly as good as he was.

To put that in perspective. 41 players had a higher OPS than Tex's OPS over the last 3 years. That's laughable.

Also, you're wrong. From 04-08 (5 seasons) he hit 177 HR's. In the 4 years in NY, he has hit 135 HR's. A difference of 42 HR's. He's never hit 40+ as a Yankee so, its highly doubtful that he does that. Not that, this random HR number means much.

Outside of his stellar 2009 year, Tex has been a solid 1B the other 3 seasons. Not worth his AAV of 22.5M at all. He's getting paid elite money to be above average which is ridiculous. His market value was 'inflated' in 2008 because he was an elite player. He gave us one elite season and has fallen off hard over the other 3.
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 12-13-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    And an actual strict budget. Good stuff.
    Yankees only have to be below 189M for one season to off-set the huge tax. They can go back to spending 200+ mill if they so wish afterwards although they will have to dip below the 189M budget every few years.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Yankees only have to be below 189M for one season to off-set the huge tax. They can go back to spending 200+ mill if they so wish afterwards although they will have to dip below the 189M budget every few years.
    Yeah, but if they stay under for more than one year they get to save even more money. This whole thing is about saving money so I don't think they're planning on just staying under one year and then going back to spending.

vCash
    Swisher to the Indians is sweet justice!

Moron thought he was getting a Werth contract.

Maybe bat over .130 in the playoffs. Oh.

TY , I know u love this!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    I think it should pretty clear to anyone hardly any big free agents will live up to their contracts. Pretty much every guy with one is overpaid, regardless of the team. It is just how it happens. They play well early in their career and underpaid, then finally hit FA with high need and low supply and get big contracts. It is the nature of the game and how it will always be. It'll be a hugely depressing endeavor to always hold free agents to ridiculously high standards and think they'll be worth that annual salary every year. The fact Tex is healthy and still playing hard is reason enough to be glad he was signed.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ill agree with u on Tex and Arod being way over paid but Jeter? Jeter had a hell of a yr last yr and was still one of the better SS in baseball. When u add in all the revenue he creates from jersey sales and everything else plus being the face of the franchise I felt we have gotten a pretty good deal on his current contract. Its not like he's making 20m a yr. Although with the injury next yr maybe a different story
    But we most likely could have gotten Jeter cheaper.

And the additional revenue from jersey sales on Ichiro, Jeter, or whomever is irrelevant. They're not using that additional revenue to sign additional talent. They're cutting back on spending.

vCash
    Swisher will never sniff the playoffs again if he signs with the Indians.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Swisher will never sniff the playoffs again if he signs with the Indians.
    I'm not sure he wants to be in the playoffs ever again.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    As a Yankee fan, if you allowed me to sneak into the Boston front office and waste $110 million on overpaying horrifying players, I couldn't do a better job than:

Victorino
    Gomes
    Napoli
    Dempster

I mean.....are they fkn serious?

Now if they can just add Kyle Lohse and Nick Swisher to huge deals, my Xmas would be complete!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    By the way.....how's that Sourpuss opt out going for him? Oh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    By the way.....how's that Sourpuss opt out going for him? Oh.
    Worst decision he's ever made. What a genius he is, but better yet, what a genius his agent is if he helped soriano make that decision. Soriano shouldn't give that guy any of the commission he probably says he deserves haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Maybe 3? When you factor in how many teams can actually afford his albatross contract. Most high payroll teams already have an established 1B.

No one's confused here. Tex doesn't provide the value that his contract warrants. He's a good player who's paid like an elite player.
    He didn't say how many could afford him, he said how many would love to have him.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    As a Yankee fan, if you allowed me to sneak into the Boston front office and waste $110 million on overpaying horrifying players, I couldn't do a better job than:

Victorino
    Gomes
    Napoli
    Dempster

I mean.....are they fkn serious?

Now if they can just add Kyle Lohse and Nick Swisher to huge deals, my Xmas would be complete!
    Agree, those are pretty awful signings. Gomes is a platoon player with no glove, Napoli is a declining bat with no glove at all, and Dempster is likely to get shelled pitching to AL East lineups. Victorino may be OK, but hard to imagine him doing better than Cody Ross did for them last year.

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast