Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Jeter just has a couple of years left, but he's still very important to this team. C.C shouldn't even be mentioned. Tex is a gold glove first baseman who can hit 40-homers and 100-ribbies every season. If you hate Tex, then you can never be happy with a first baseman.
    Being good and being overpaid are 2 different things. You can't limit the amount of money you spend, yet spend recklessly.

I only mentioned CC due to the money. I think he's a sound investment.

ARod os obviously overpaid.

So is Teix. These giant, long term contracts almost always fail. You save them for the best of the best. Teix was never the best player at his position, so IMO, not worth a 180 million dollar investment. And if he can hit 40 HRs every year, why hasn't he done it once in pinstripes? Or more than once in his career?

Jeter is overpaid due to bad negotiating. He had no other real offers on the table and NY felt the need to raise their offer. No other team in baseball would have given Jeter what HY did. So why did NY? I'm sure they could have played a little hardball and saved a few million. Which would be a few million we might have now to help improve our team.

vCash
    I would be pissed, if the Yankees traded Teixeira. This comes to show you how spoiled and confused some fans are. You know how many teams would love Tex on their team ?
    Maybe 3? When you factor in how many teams can actually afford his albatross contract. Most high payroll teams already have an established 1B.

No one's confused here. Tex doesn't provide the value that his contract warrants. He's a good player who's paid like an elite player.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Maybe 3? When you factor in how many teams can actually afford his albatross contract. Most high payroll teams already have an established 1B.

No one's confused here. Tex doesn't provide the value that his contract warrants. He's a good player who's paid like an elite player.
    Okay, would you rather have Prince Fielder's or Teixeira's contract ?

vCash
    Okay, would you rather have Prince Fielder's or Teixeira's contract ?
    How's that relevant? They're both horrible contracts. I'd rather have Fielder's offensive production than Tex' offensive + defensive production.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Scott Van Slyke was DFA'd today. I'd pick him up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I'd rather sign Scott Van Pelt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    I'd rather sign Scott Van Pelt.
    I hate Scott Van Pelt. He reminds of a gay nordic sportscaster.

vCash
    Dude has a wrestling name.

If the guy can hit for average I'm all for it.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Dude has a wrestling name.

If the guy can hit for average I'm all for it.
    He hit .157 last year in 57 plate appearances. Not great. But had .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers in AAA. He's a work in progress.

vCash
    He hit .157 last year in 57 plate appearances. Not great. But had .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers in AAA. He's a work in progress.
    He's 26 and a work in project.

I met his dad. Andy was one of my fave players growing up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    He's 26 and a work in project.

I met his dad. Andy was one of my fave players growing up.
    He's got to have some of his old man in him. Kinda reminds me of Shelley Duncan player.

vCash
    Being good and being overpaid are 2 different things. You can't limit the amount of money you spend, yet spend recklessly.

So is Teix. These giant, long term contracts almost always fail. You save them for the best of the best. Teix was never the best player at his position, so IMO, not worth a 180 million dollar investment. And if he can hit 40 HRs every year, why hasn't he done it once in pinstripes? Or more than once in his career?

Jeter is overpaid due to bad negotiating. He had no other real offers on the table and NY felt the need to raise their offer. No other team in baseball would have given Jeter what HY did. So why did NY? I'm sure they could have played a little hardball and saved a few million. Which would be a few million we might have now to help improve our team.
    Ill agree with u on Tex and Arod being way over paid but Jeter? Jeter had a hell of a yr last yr and was still one of the better SS in baseball. When u add in all the revenue he creates from jersey sales and everything else plus being the face of the franchise I felt we have gotten a pretty good deal on his current contract. Its not like he's making 20m a yr. Although with the injury next yr maybe a different story

vCash

How many 1st basemen have these 162 game averages?

.369 OBA
    ..527SLG
    .896 OPS

He will have more homeruns with 5 full years as a Yankee than what he had in his first 5 years in Tex, ATL and LA. The only number down is the overrated batting average..again, he got the contract because of market value and Levine and Hank's influence.

So what is his true market value? Was it inflated in the 2008 offseason?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-13-2012 at 03:58 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ill agree with u on Tex and Arod being way over paid but Jeter? Jeter had a hell of a yr last yr and was still one of the better SS in baseball. When u add in all the revenue he creates from jersey sales and everything else plus being the face of the franchise I felt we have gotten a pretty good deal on his current contract. Its not like he's making 20m a yr. Although with the injury next yr maybe a different story
    1/2 of Jeter's contract is for marketing purposes. Anyway he is undervalued for being face of the franchise.....

He is revered like Mickey Mantle was to the fans in the 50s and 60s.
    Nick

vCash
    If you think the 2012 lineup is thin wait until next Dec offseason potential lineup:

2014 lineup

1. Jeter SS
    4. Teix 1b
    5. ARod DH
    9. Gardner CF
    Nick

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast