Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I just grow tired of the trades in which the Yankees give up parts and get studs. Or give up aging, overpaid vets and somehow get solid young prospects.
    Yeah. I know what you mean.

But I'm really not all that high on Justin Upton. He strikes out a lot. He's lazy. At least what my buddy tells me who's a dbacks fan tells me.

Everyone acts like this guy is the second coming of...well you get the point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    Cash said that RF was a big need. I dont think he would have said that if the plan was to resign Ichiro all along, so i have a feeling that something may be in the works for an OF.
    It'll be Ichiro and whichever cheap right handed OF bat is left out there in January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Yeah. I know what you mean.

But I'm really not all that high on Justin Upton. He strikes out a lot. He's lazy. At least what my buddy tells me who's a dbacks fan tells me.
    At the moment he's no better than Swisher. Except Swish only costs money. J-Up costs prospects and money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    It'll be Ichiro and whichever cheap right handed OF bat is left out there in January.
    Maybe they will trade Gardner and Hughes for a power bat.
    Nick

vCash
    The plan is going to be Ichiro and a Hairston-type back up for OF ... they are trying to work trades but nothing is materializing at the moment. Be patient.. they've already offered Nova/Hughes/Granderson - so far nothing but they don't have to make all the decisions right now. There still is time.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    i would bet any other big move the Yanks make will be dependent on Granderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i would bet any other big move the Yanks make will be dependent on Granderson
    With so much power already gone the sight of Curtis in the lineup is a need because of 40+ HR potential. It is sad but currently this team needs his .225 43 100 numbers to help create runs.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    But we have no pitcher for the future. Pineda would be that guy, but who knows.
    I'm quite certain we'll obtain other pitchers as time moves on.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They are using Gomes in left protected by the wall...
    Which has what to do with anything? That's still 2 + 1 equals 3, isn't it?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I'm quite certain we'll obtain other pitchers as time moves on.
    If Yankees can get Cliff Lee, that would set their rotation for the next three years, at least.

vCash
    I wish the yankees were the ones in that 3-way with arizona and cincy giving up granderson. We could have had a very serviceable outfielder with speed in stubbs and get a possible front line starter in bauer. Maybe could have gotten more out of it too.

vCash
    If Yankees can get Cliff Lee, that would set their rotation for the next three years, at least.
    aging pitcher with an awful contract? pass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    aging pitcher with an awful contract? pass
    He's only 34. We already have two older pitchers than him in our rotation. You're not gonna find 20-something-year old pitchers who are good.

vCash
    He's only 34. We already have two older pitchers than him in our rotation. You're not gonna find 20-something-year old pitchers who are good.
    Trevor Bauer is 21 and makes 333,333 for the next 3 years. Not saying he is going to be great but he was 12-2 in 130 innings with 157 K's. With the money saved between him and stubbs we could have signed hamilton to make up for the power lost.

vCash

I dunno. But we don't want Lee we want the NEXT Lee.

Bottom line is we don't need to be taking on other team's awful albatross contracts. Lee makes 25 million over the next three years and 27.5 in his final year at age 37. HE WILL NOT LIVE UP TO THIS CONTRACT.

Have we learned nothing with Teix, Arod, etc? Trading for Lee is a dumb idea, the Yankees need to get smart not continue to bang their heads against the wall and bail out other teams..

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast