Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wil Myers was also one of (if not) the youngest guy in AAA. Him destroying that league at his age is impressive. His main strengths as an offensive player are his power and patience. He sees tons of pitches which leads to higher K-rates. His ability to barrel the baseball is second to none in the minors.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Clev offered swisher 4/44.

Ummm, that's not 5/100.

Dingbat.
    Would you want swisher back at 4/44?

He can help us get back to the post season. Then we can leave him off the 25 man roster for the dick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Would you want swisher back at 4/44?

He can help us get back to the post season. Then we can leave him off the 25 man roster for the dick!
    Guess we better leave the entire MLB team off the roster for the AAA replacements at that point.

And 11 million a year is a steal for Swisher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Guess we better leave the entire MLB team off the roster for the AAA replacements at that point.

And 11 million a year is a steal for Swisher.
    That actually sounds like a great idea.

vCash
    I dont know if I could handle Swisher here for another 4 years...but there really is no viable replacement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I dont know if I could handle Swisher here for another 4 years...but there really is no viable replacement
    So go follow the red sox until swisher is gone.

vCash
    Just sign Swisher and Ibanez. Swisher plays the whole regular season, Ibanez plays in the playoffs. Best platoon ever.

vCash
    Sign Nick Swisher for 4 years? Until he is 36 years old... Sorry, but no.

Great regular season guy. Perfect fit for us in Right Field at the moment.

Terrible Postseasons year in and year out trumps it all. Worst in Yankees history.

Time to try some new blood out there. 4 more years would be a disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    But we have no pitcher for the future. Pineda would be that guy, but who knows.
    i would disagree with that. Your right we don't have a guaranteed ace of the future but we have an absolute ton of young pitching talent with elite ceiling. Pineda who knows but at worst he'll end up as a very solid back end guy like Ejax. Nova still has the same stuff he had when he couldn't lose. He hit a very rough patch in the 2nd half of last yr which is not uncommon for pitchers in their 2nd yr. Banuelos is out with an injury but he;s still only 21 with AAA experience and will be 23 when he returns. I wouldn't give up on a LHer with that kind of stuff thats still so young. After those guys we have alot of very good pitchers starting about AA. A few of them like, Depaula, Campos and others have front of the rotation talent. Hope our new MILB pitching director can do for us what he did in OAK
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    4yrs/44m is a steal for Swisher and would be hard to turn down for the Yanks but i think their dead set on going in a different direction. Tyler Austin played some in AA last yr and if continues to hit like he has at every level IMO theirs a descent chance he gets a shot at the RF job in ST of 2014. The kid can flat hit and is a average to above average RFer. I would hate to block Austin for 4 yrs with Swisher. Along with Austin we have 3-4 other really good OF prospects that finished last yr in high A

Then again the majority of prospects never pan out

vCash
    So glad we didn't get Reynolds for 3rd... kudos Tribe - enjoy that one!

now we are down to waiting on...

3B - Youkilis
    RF - Ichiro

Lots of work still to be done in the coming weeks..

C - ??? (you can't seriously think we are going to let Stewart be our FT C right!??) or platoon w/cervelli
    DH - Ibanez?
    OF Depth - Hairston?

Also the ship has sailed on Swisher... the Yankees would never offer him a multi-yr deal which he is currently seeking. He's done.
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    as far as next yr IMO the Grandy situation is probably going to dictate what they are going to do with the rest of the off season. If their able to trade his 15m in salary i could see them use that money being used to jump in and sign Hamilton. I was told from a very reliable source and have read that the Yanks are keeping close tabs on the Hamilton situation. I highle doubt Josh ends up here but u never know

I don't mind the Ichiro signing, he played very well for us at the end of next yr and will probably be pretty good for us again next yr. I would have really liked to see them have signed someone with more power but the market for OFer money wise is rediculous as is the trade market for any thing but a salary dump

Not crazy about Youk at 3rd base but again their aren't alot of options.

As far as catcher i don't understand for the life of me what their doing. Romine would be fine if he had been healthy last yr but he wasn't. I just don't see Cervelli and Stewart working out well.

For our DH spot i would be call the Twins and seeing what it would take to get Morneau. He's got 1 yr left on his deal and the Twins aren't close to contending. They might be willing to dump him for a descent prospect or 2

vCash
    Granderson will probably not be dealt... simply because the only way we'd deal him is if we could get Upton or Hamilton and the chances of that happening right now are slim to none.

Ichiro was the best we could do with what we had to spend. Ichiro will do well for us, more than people are actually giving him credit for. For his age, he will do better than you think.

Nobody's happy with the 3B situation but guess what?...its all on ARod and nobody else. So signing Youkilis, a guy that loves NY and thrives in situations like we have would not be a bad thing, especially considering the alternatives. I'd love to have him here, the only question is - how durable will he be for us?

I already mentioned my stance on Catching above - I don't see them going into camp with Stewart as the primary.. i just don't see it!

I think we will end up with Hairston if the Muts dont get him back first.

Also - Chris Dickerson could be a key guy if somehow we get in a pinch for OF help but remember - he's a lefty so it all depends!

Thank god - Andruw Jones is about to sign with Rakuten in Japan lol.. albeit for $3.5M!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Opening Day 2013

1. Jeter SS
    2. Ichy rf
    3. Cano 2b
    4. Teix 1b
    5. Ibanez DH
    6. Youk 3b
    7. Granderson LF
    8. Stewart/ Cervelli C
    9. Gardner CF

This lineup will have to create runs....and pray Teix can have a good season with the OPS...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Opening Day 2013

1. Jeter SS
    2. Ichy rf
    3. Cano 2b
    4. Teix 1b
    5. Ibanez DH
    6. Youk 3b
    7. Granderson LF
    8. Stewart/ Cervelli C
    9. Gardner CF

This lineup will have to create runs....and pray Teix can have a good season with the OPS...
    It will be very close to that however, I think the C position is still not locked up!
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Sign Swish to a 50 year deal

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast