Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is this about the Yankees not getting Greinke ?

vCash

Lose Homer/Strikeout guys and replace with BA

Is there anyone else here who thinks that a lot of our problems with offense in the post season specifically is a result of us having TOO MUCH POWER?

The Yankees have been broadcasting that they want to field a home run hitting team for some time now. Am I the only one who is tired of us simply having players that homer or make an out? Look at other teams that have been winning, several of their batting averages are in the very high 200s or in the 300s. Out main guys (aside from Jeter and Cano) have hit around .240 or .250. I would rather see guys who hit 15-25 homeruns and hit .300 instead of guys who hit .240 and either strike out/ground out or hit a homerun(see Teixeira for a prime example)...I think it would be more productive.

It's one of the reasons I think we would have been better off with my favorite player, Brett Gardner, being healthy all year and into the playoffs.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    The sky is falling. Woe is us. Boohoo.

vCash
    There are so many losers in the Yankees forum. Ban all of them.

5. 12-09-2012, 11:06 AM
    Reason
    Not necessary

vCash
    wow, how incredibly articulate. Im glad you acted like a mature adult and debated my point as opposed to acting like a childish fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I think you should go see a volcano. Then jump in it.

vCash
    quit complaining

vCash
    they do need balance, but more youth than just simply less homer guys, theres nothing bad with homerun guys we are just old , they need dynamic hitters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rel_28 View Post
    What is Cashman waiting for? Not signing a catcher or right fielder before you signed Pettitte and Mo just doesn't make sense....now there's talk of trading Granderson then A-Rod out til mid season (maybe longer) and the Captain...is he for sure ready by spring training?? Am I missing something here? If the season starts today....this is what the lineup looks like:

1) Jeter-SS- will he even be ready?
    2) Ichiro-RF- he's not even signed yet!
    3) Teixeria- 1st
    4) Cano- 2nd
    5) 3rd base- TBD? What? Who?
    6) Granderson- CF...if he's trade bait who's replacing 40+ HR's?
    7) DH.....really??
    8) C- guess the umpires are catching pitches!
    9) Gardner- LF

guy, the yanks are going to get to 189 mil payroll by next year thats the fact! no if's and's or but's about it! that's whats going on, this is not the george steinbrenner yankees anymore this is the hal steinbrenner yankees.

vCash
    Im surprised you want them to take away your posting abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    There are so many losers in the Yankees forum. Ban all of them.

vCash
    In before the close....

vCash
    This team is going nowhere with a 200 million payroll!!
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    with the way this off season is going i think they may have jumped the gun a bit in re signing Mo, Kuroda and Pettitte. Unless they can sign hamilton i'm not sure were going to have the offense to make the playoffs

I'm not advocating that we go out and trade Cano because of a bad post season but word is he want an Arod type deal in yrs and money. He's the best player on the team, as well as 1 of the most feared hitters in the game and the best 2nd baseman in baseball. The only reason i would trade him would be if we couldn't get a deal worked out with him before the season starts. Theirs no way i give a middle infielder that will be 31 yrs old at the end of the season 25+ million a yr for 7 plus yrs. very few middle infielders age well and i don;t think Robbie is the exception. I think we could get a hell of a haul for him especially if we traded before the season started.

With the new spending cap put in place by Hal I really think were going to have to go through a rebuilding phase. We used to be able to retool instead of rebuild but without the money to do it we can't anymore.

Unless we can get at least 2 high quality bats and resign Cano to a resonable deal i would look to trade Granderson, Cano, Hughes and even possibly Gardy and Drob. Id also look to move Kuroda around the AS break. We would get a missive influx of young talent in the system that would drastically speed up the rebuilding process.

Its not going to be a popular idea and it sucks it would happen during Mo and Pettites last yr. I just don;t see us making the playoffs with a team as it currently built, especially in a division that has a very strong Tampa team, a Baltimore team thats going to be better than last yr just from the prospects they have coming up and a massively improved team in the Jays.

To me it makes more long term and baseball sense to move the assets that we have go get players that would massively speed up our rebuilding process. It doesn't make sense to me to run out a team that could easily end up a 3rd or 4th place team. It also makes zero sense to me to let both Cano and Grandy walk at the end of the yr for a supplemental round pick when we could get some much more for them now and drastically improve our future. If i thought we were going to be serious contenders i'd feel differently

I somewhat agree but still think it is too early to cross off the Yanks. Why would Hal agree to $40 million to aged old vets to 1 year deals and then just cut Cashman off?

I think their original plan backfired and at the same time ARod's surgery announcement also screwed up plans with 1 year deals....He really wanted Chavez and Keppinger to replace ARod for the 1st half and that blew up....he really wanted Martin to be catcher but when Pittsburgh offered 2/18 Hal told Brian no and nothing was ever offered to Martin..2/19 would have brought back Martin and Brian could not even do that...so he tries to save face and says they have more than enough from with-in to replace Martin....How?

And he finally gets a nod from Hal and offers Youkilis $12 million. Youkilis is probably trying to get Cleveland to increase the total to over $20 million and he will easily sign, I doubt 2/17 gets it done...

I just think Hal thought it would be easy to get players to play for 1 year and that was not the case....

Next plan, scratch the $189 million!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-09-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    The zack Greinke contract is fkn awful!

Are people nuts? The guy is a number 2. He's basically a better version of Hughes. Plays once a week. Get largest AAv in MLB history for a pitcher at 24.5 per.

Amazingly dumb.
    Totally agree. Its crazy. The Dodgers are the Yanks of old with excessive spending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Didn't the team take a loan too?

They will soon learn that buying doesn't always win you championships

See: Yankees. 2009. That's it.

Good luck dodgers.
    It depends on the mix...

The Yanks had the perfect mix with Damon, Posada and Matsui the older vets, good playoff performers, they had Jeter and ARod at same age one a playoff performer and one finally getting it done, they had younger players like Cano, Teix and Swisher hitting well all season, they had even younger player doing well with Melky and Gardner..

They had an ace with CC, an icon in Pettitte and a 1st year Yankee who did fairly well in AJ....the had their ace in the hole with Mo, a bullpen that was cohesive, the had a knockout left in Marte...they had that perfect mix.....

The Dodgers have the horses in the stable but will they work together? Not sure Mattingly is the right guy for the job.....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post

LOL!!! The greater majority of stuff posted here is never going to happen.
    Probably not but that is why you debate it.....
    Nick

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast