Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1001
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    6,648
    vCash
    1500
    They should be going after Ludwick. Affordable, 2 year deal. Fills a need.

    Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    6,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    They should be going after Ludwick. Affordable, 2 year deal. Fills a need.
    You keep forgetting about just 1 year deals...of course it is affordable, to you, not Hal Steinbrenner!
    Nick

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,718
    vCash
    1500
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today was told by a rival general manager that the Yankees are "quietly running a background check" on Josh Hamilton.


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    6,648
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You keep forgetting about just 1 year deals...of course it is affordable, to you, not Hal Steinbrenner!
    Well my argument 2 year deal for Ludwick is they are rumored to be checking up on Hamilton who will require long term cash. My idea is to pursue Ludwick instead of Hammy.

    Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

    Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,189
    vCash
    1500
    Do you think Yankees are considering moving Texiera, Cano and Granderson?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,371
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickVeteran View Post
    Do you think Yankees are considering moving Texiera, Cano and Granderson?
    Texiera- No trade clause
    Cano- Doubt it
    Granderson- Yankees said they are putting him out on the trading block. Haven't heard any talks about any trades involving him yet though.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,371
    vCash
    1500
    Yankees Avoid Arbitration with Brett Gardner signing up to a 1 year deal worth roughly 2.8 million dollars.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,371
    vCash
    1500
    Hamilton is reportedly taking all offers and going to Texas with them, trying to see if they will match..

    Clearly he want's to stay in Texas and is getting offers from other teams.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Hamilton is reportedly taking all offers and going to Texas with them, trying to see if they will match..

    Clearly he want's to stay in Texas and is getting offers from other teams.
    I heard that too. Well let him stay in Texas.
    The Yanks will be alright we just have to have patience.
    I wonder if Texas really wants him. I don't think they do, but you never know.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    1500
    There is no chance we are getting Hamilton. If the Yankees were really going after Hamilton, we would hear nothing about it until he was signed. I think the Yankees are showing fake interest to raise the price Hamilton receives from some other team.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    830
    vCash
    1500
    The $189MM plan makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm all for getting under the luxury tax threshold, but doing it in 2014 completely baffles me. Unless the luxury tax number itself drastically goes down in the next few years (unlikely with how much the Dodgers are spending), we can get under that number whenever we want. It doesn't HAVE to be 2014.

    Obviously, we have some albatross contracts. Jeter has, what, like one or two more years on his deal? And with A-Rod's health, I'd say there's no way he plays more than three more seasons. I'm pretty sure Teix has three more years left on his deal (could be four). So, why not make the plan to get under the tax threshold by 2016 or 2017? Teixeira is one of the most expensive first basemen in the league, A-Rod is the most expensive player (by AAV, which is used for the luxury tax), and Jeter is way more expensive than a replacement shortstop would be. Those three could all be off the books by 2016 or 2017. I'm sure the Yankees can pay a few years worth of luxury taxes, and then safely get under the cap in 2017 without sacrificing the on-field product, after getting those contracts off of the books. So why is Hal so insistant on getting it done by 2014? Obvious speculation is that he's looking to sell the team, but I don't buy it (no pun intended). It's all really confusing to me.
    O-H-I-O!

    Welcome home, Urban

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    380
    vCash
    1500
    OK...Let's play What if?
    2013 take away GrandyMan but add Youk and Hamilton. Arod gets back and is healthy from July, on.
    Can the rest be solved by our farm? Just asking.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    The $189MM plan makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm all for getting under the luxury tax threshold, but doing it in 2014 completely baffles me. Unless the luxury tax number itself drastically goes down in the next few years (unlikely with how much the Dodgers are spending), we can get under that number whenever we want. It doesn't HAVE to be 2014.

    Obviously, we have some albatross contracts. Jeter has, what, like one or two more years on his deal? And with A-Rod's health, I'd say there's no way he plays more than three more seasons. I'm pretty sure Teix has three more years left on his deal (could be four). So, why not make the plan to get under the tax threshold by 2016 or 2017? Teixeira is one of the most expensive first basemen in the league, A-Rod is the most expensive player (by AAV, which is used for the luxury tax), and Jeter is way more expensive than a replacement shortstop would be. Those three could all be off the books by 2016 or 2017. I'm sure the Yankees can pay a few years worth of luxury taxes, and then safely get under the cap in 2017 without sacrificing the on-field product, after getting those contracts off of the books. So why is Hal so insistant on getting it done by 2014? Obvious speculation is that he's looking to sell the team, but I don't buy it (no pun intended). It's all really confusing to me.
    Perhaps the $189 is just not for the luxury tax but a new way of running the team. When those contracts are up the Yanks will have much more wiggle room to use that $189 or whatever number is set. Might as well start now rather than later and don't dig in with anymore long term deals. This plan can be looked at like this:

    Stay under luxury tax number but spend to the limit.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    McCarthy signs 2 years $15.5M deal with D-backs.

    Dang, that's a good deal

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    McCarthy signs 2 years $15.5M deal with D-backs.

    Dang, that's a good deal
    If he stays healthy.

    Masahiro Tanaka

    11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •