Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If 3 year contract offer talks between Hamilton and Seattle are gaining steam.
    You have to hope the Yankees make a bid to nab Hamilton as well.
    For three/four years, you simply need to take that chance for a player that good.
    Anything more than that and I agree it's very risky but the Yankees need for a RF is well documented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    anybody know what the deal is with the two anyways?
    Joba likes throwing at Youk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    For three/four years, you simply need to take that chance for a player that good.
    Anything more than that and I agree it's very risky but the Yankees need for a RF is well documented.
    I've been saying this. If he takes a 4 year contract, freaking offer him one! Figure out later how to get under 189m for next year. Trade Granderson. There is money coming off the books in 2014 anyway.

vCash
    As good as Greinke is i think he's a bad fit here because of the anxiety issues. Plus the idea he could get a contract bigger than CC's is insane. I love LL's idea of a huge 1 yr deal but with the Rangers and Dodgers offering him the moon it ain't going to happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Cashman said Granderson, Hughes and Nova are available. But then says they have no idea how they would fill the holes they would leave on a short term LOL. I don't think anyone knows whats going on.
    Hamilton

vCash
    If the team doesn't end up trading Hughes they should try and sign him to an extension this offseason and see if they can get him on a cheaper deal. Same thing they should have done with Cano a year or two ago.

They won't because of their dumb rules about it. But if the team wants to operate with a lower payroll they really need to start adopting some new practices to save money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    As good as Greinke is i think he's a bad fit here because of the anxiety issues. Plus the idea he could get a contract bigger than CC's is insane. I love LL's idea of a huge 1 yr deal but with the Rangers and Dodgers offering him the moon it ain't going to happen
    Probably not. But you have a shot if you overpay and tug at the ego.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wonder if Joba would still throw at him...

Maybe stick a fastball under his chin when Youk is sitting on the bench?
    I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. First, can Jona even throw a pitch without injuring himself? 2) can he even throw a fastball? And 3) can he locate said fastball well enough to put it below Youk's chin?

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    If the team doesn't end up trading Hughes they should try and sign him to an extension this offseason and see if they can get him on a cheaper deal. Same thing they should have done with Cano a year or two ago.

They won't because of their dumb rules about it. But if the team wants to operate with a lower payroll they really need to start adopting some new practices to save money.
    Boras would have never allowed Cano to sign an extension at the age of 28 or 29 with the Yankees. Unless it was for $200M.

I agree with Hughes though. Extend for 4-5 years at $8M-$10M per season maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Boras would have never allowed Cano to sign an extension at the age of 28 or 29 with the Yankees. Unless it was for $200M.

I agree with Hughes though. Extend for 4-5 years at $8M-$10M per season maybe.
    Eh, you never know. Other Boras clients have done it. Two years ago if they threw out the option years and gave him 20M a year I think there was at least a chance it could have happened.

vCash
    thing is they did sign him to a friendly 6 yrs/$57M (08-13) deal... He then hired Boras in Feb. of 2011 and started talking about how he already gave the Yankees a discount.

The Yankees muffed up by not putting him on the trade block was he was spouting off.

vCash
    Bald Vinny role call "Kevin. YouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuK-ah-Lisssss"
    YOUKILIS, YOUKILIS, YOUKILIS

I can hear it now. We'll see if this really ever happens.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-07-2012 at 03:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Leo, I agree. I do not see how Keppinger can have 1 good season and get 3 years. The best signing of off season so far is Soria to the Rangers. That is it.
    i agree 2yrs 8M for Soria is a steal even if he is coming off TMJ surgery. They have an elite closer and it gives Soria a yr as a 7th-8th inning guy and can close in 2014. Why we weren't all over him with his desire to play for the Yanks and take less money so he could learn from Mo is beyond me. We need that kind of guy to replace Soriano and back up Mo just in case he get injured again or doesn't come back strong.

Harren to the Nats was another really good deal as well
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'm going to make a prediction now.

Swisher will run into a problem looking for a long term deal at big bucks.

Cashman will scoop him up at 1/15.

( Hoping I'm wrong cause I want the draft pick)
    Their are just to many teams out their looking for a power bat like Swishers that his market would dry up that much. I actually think its Soriano who massively mis judged the market and could end up having to take a 1yr 8-10m deal

Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    I agree if Hamilton would take 3 yrs i'd make him a big offer. Somehow where going to have to replace the run production that were going to lose from Arod being out and Swisher.Martin, Chavez and Jones gone

Hamilton would absolutely rake in YS, if Grandy can hit 40 hrs playing here Josh would probably hit 50 plus
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    If the team doesn't end up trading Hughes they should try and sign him to an extension this off season and see if they can get him on a cheaper deal. Same thing they should have done with Cano a year or two ago.

totally agree their going to have to change their practice of only renegotiating with their own player after their current deal is up if they want to keep a consistently lower payroll

the scary part of this off season is that Texas could end up with both Greinke and Upton without having to give up Andrews, Profar or Olt
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-07-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Grienke's "mental foibles" will be a certifiable train wreck under the unceasing glare of the ny media.

And and impressed for finding a place on psd to use the term "mental foibles".

vCash
    cant afford him if he's supposed to surpass CCs deal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast