Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • MJ

77 85.56%
  • Bean

13 14.44%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Next up on ESPN debates : Who is heavier Shaq or Steve Nash.
    What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    If you take out Kobe's first three season in which he averaged only ~10 shots, then his FGA per game shoot right up to MJ's.

Then factor in the fact that Kobe's efficiency is average, and you have yourself a much less valuable scorer.

There's really no point of this discussion even continuing though, tredigs ended it with his post.
    why would we take out his first three seasons? if you do that Kobe isn't at 30,000 and we aren't having this debate.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    I think Dwayne wade is better than kobe .. but dwayne doesnt get the respect he deserve.. Wade FG% STL% AST% BLK% are all better.. So doesnt that put wade up there with kobe and jordan but making wade better than kobe.. because #'s dont Lie

vCash
    Lawlz what a joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    no team MJ scored 60+ on was under .500

all but 1 of KB's 60+ were against teams well under .500

tie break easily goes to MJ here for the difference between a man's 60+ & a boy's 60+. MJ took on real deal defense like the 86 Celtics, bad boy's pistons, & the 1990 Cavs defense. Kobe? uhhh... not any defense worth noting in those games he scored 60+, not at all

vCash
    This is a llullz thread.

Jordan, though.

Welcome to the dark side, Manram.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    I still don't get why people saying "MJ is a better scorer than Kobe" turns into people construing that as some personal shot at Kobe, let alone the fans of his. Stating a fact doesn't negate the numerous accomplishments Kobe has achieved throughout his career. The fact that he's even in MJ's class is a tremendous compliment imho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    why would we take out his first three seasons? if you do that Kobe isn't at 30,000 and we aren't having this debate.
    Well, yes, I too will concede that Kobe Bryant has played in more NBA basketball games than Michael Jordan. Though the jury is still out if he can put up 50 points in a game at age 40.

The ***-hole ness that Laker/Kobe fans think is constantly being sprayed at them about Kobe in comparison to MJ is not as much vitriol as it is confused laughter. It's the fact that so many Laker fans (ESPN heads too?) consider it to be a truly epic debate that has people feel the need to "downgrade" Kobe (we know, he's awesome. He really is) to a level that others can truly understand how pronounced the gap is between the two. The closer you look at the numbers, the play, the playoff dominance on the biggest stages, the farther the comparison gets.

vCash
    by your logic? no chance.

Jordan averaged 22.9 FGA per game. Kobe still only averages 19.6 FGA per game.

Jordan has still taken 1,727 more shots than Kobe Bryant, despite the fact that Kobe has played in 108 more regular season games. Jordan is quite easily better at shooting it a lot.
    Of course none of the Kobe haters will acknowledge this post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I never said that. I'm just defending Kobe against all the wack *** bangwaggon Heat fans that are trashing him by saying that it's not even close. Yes I did vote for Kobe on the poll only because this thread is a total joke and a vain attempt to bash Kobe after he passed 30,000 points scored.
    by defending, you end up being the wack *** Kobephile. Do you not see that?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    If you take out Kobe's first three season in which he averaged only ~10 shots, then his FGA per game shoot right up to MJ's.

Then factor in the fact that Kobe's efficiency is average, and you have yourself a much less valuable scorer.

There's really no point of this discussion even continuing though, tredigs ended it with his post.
    Besides, if you take Kobe's first three seasons out, Kobe averages 21.2 shots a game while Jordan still averages 22.9

Math

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Jordan actually played in an era where you could manhandle perimeter players. And yet, his efficiency takes a dump on Kobe, despite both being high volume scorers.

Is this actually a question?
    Exactly. Can't tell if it's a serious question. LMFAO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Well, yes, I too will concede that Kobe Bryant has played in more NBA basketball games than Michael Jordan. Though the jury is still out if he can put up 50 points in a game at age 40.

The ***-hole ness that Laker/Kobe fans think is constantly being sprayed at them about Kobe in comparison to MJ is not as much vitriol as it is confused laughter. It's the fact that so many Laker fans (ESPN heads too?) consider it to be a truly epic debate that has people feel the need to "downgrade" Kobe (we know, he's awesome. He really is) to a level that others can truly understand how pronounced the gap is between the two. The closer you look at the numbers, the play, the playoff dominance on the biggest stages, the farther the comparison gets.
    you're insulting me if you don't think I know the numbers, or the answer to this troll question.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    Jordan took 49 shots against orlando with Shaquille, i believe they were 41-41, or 42-40, way better than the raptors. and he ended up with 64 points. and he only got 49 shots off becasue of overtime. so really kb hogged more. also the FT attempts means Kobe was shooting more, & got foulded.

Jordan had 55 points in the 1993 NBA finals, game 4 i think. also 56 vs the Heat in the 1992 first round. 55 in the first round in 97. 55 vs cleveland in the 88 playoffs.

he's went 50+ 8 times in the playoffs. Kobe just 1 time (& that was in overtime, a garbage time bunch of 3s that didn't matter at the end got him there cause they were down so much, garabge time 50 in OT? weak weak weak, & against PHX defense, lol) save it for the wuss defenses Kobe, nobody will notice
    I love how you make an excuse for Jordan taking more fg attempts than Kobe due to overtime, but then contradict yourself by saying that Kobe's 50 point game was only due to overtime.

Kobe had a TS% of 74 when he scored 81. Again, can you tell me what Jordan's TS% was when he scored 69? In fact, in all 5 of Kobe's 60+ point performances, I will bet that his TS% was higher than Jordan's 5 games above 60.
    Last edited by amos1er; 12-06-2012 at 08:42 PM.

vCash
    there is not one thing, Jordan did that Kobe is not able to do.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast