90. You may not vote on this poll
  • MJ

77 85.56%
  • Bean

13 14.44%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    no it's actually tied 5 to 5, but with Kobe having the advantage of knowing how many MJ had & how many he needs to pass him. MJ can't do anything about it, & basketball isn't a race to the most 60 point games equals the best ever, or everyone would be chucking the ball at the hoop the second they got the ball trying to get 60. i'll say this, MJ's 60 point games are against tougher teams than Kobe's 60 point games. i mean MJ put 61 on the bad boys. i highly doubt Kobe could muster up more than 37 at his best vs that insane defense
    Basketball isn't a race to averaging the most 30 point seasons either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Kobe had a higher peak in that he had the better individual scoring performances. Jordan had more consistency and better shot selection. Kobe is better from long range and has a higher degree of difficulty to his shots. Kobe might prove to have better longevity though.
    Really? I'd say dropping 37+ for a season on 48% from the field (this, as a 3rd year player, eclipsing a fg% greater than Kobe's ever reached) is already a peak higher than Kobe ever saw.

They've also both had five 60+ point games if I'm not mistaken. Kobe did not have more like you tried to say earlier. Only, 1 of MJ's came in the playoffs. Kobe definitely never pulled that off. Having 10 scoring titles to Kobe's 2 and being the #1 regular season and playoff PPG scorer where Kobe doesn't fall in the top 5 simply destroy Kobe's argument of it being close.

Of 50-59 point games, Jordan has 34 of those (including 7 in the playoffs and the #1, #5 and #8 in terms of efficiency). Kobe has done it 20 times, once in the playoffs, and his best efficiency game of the group ranks #12. Kobe has 7 of the 15 worst, and 10 of the 25 worst (%) 50 point games since 1986. Jordan has only 1 in the bottom 25.

This chart lays it out clearly: http://www.totalprosports.com/2012/0...s-infographic/

It's not "hatred" or bias Kobe homers, it's just simply not close. He has no argument over Jordan when it comes to scoring in volume or efficiency.

vCash
    jordan was more efficient i dont know how this can be debated really. and im a huge kobe fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Kobe is absolutely the better shooter. And by that I mean he's much better at shooting a lot, regardless of whether they go in or not.
    by your logic? no chance.

Jordan averaged 22.9 FGA per game. Kobe still only averages 19.6 FGA per game.

Jordan has still taken 1,727 more shots than Kobe Bryant, despite the fact that Kobe has played in 108 more regular season games. Jordan is quite easily better at shooting it a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    jordan was more efficient i dont know how this can be debated really. and im a huge kobe fan.
    people who call themselves reasonable sports fans have to find a way to diminish a great career accomplishment. they only way to do that in this case is to compare the topic at hand with the greatest to ever lace them up. by doing this, they've still found a way to make the accomplishment look less impressive by comparing it against something that is untouchable.

it's player-hating for the high IQ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Ugh...are you really making a comparison to college and NBA???

Ballhogged eh...might I remind you that Jordan's career high in fg attempts is 49 and he didn't even get close to 81. Kobe only needed 46 shots to get 81. Now don't you look foolish.

I know of one playoff game against the Celtics where Jordan had 63. Can you actually name another where he had 55+ points???

lol...nice deceiving stat buddy. Even the biggest of Kobe haters take his first two seasons coming off the bench into account. Your hate is truly sad.
    Jordan took 49 shots against orlando with Shaquille, i believe they were 41-41, or 42-40, way better than the raptors. and he ended up with 64 points. and he only got 49 shots off becasue of overtime. so really kb hogged more. also the FT attempts means Kobe was shooting more, & got foulded.

Jordan had 55 points in the 1993 NBA finals, game 4 i think. also 56 vs the Heat in the 1992 first round. 55 in the first round in 97. 55 vs cleveland in the 88 playoffs.

he's went 50+ 8 times in the playoffs. Kobe just 1 time (& that was in overtime, a garbage time bunch of 3s that didn't matter at the end got him there cause they were down so much, garabge time 50 in OT? weak weak weak, & against PHX defense, lol) save it for the wuss defenses Kobe, nobody will notice
    Last edited by hidalgo; 12-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    people who call themselves reasonable sports fans have to find a way to diminish a great career accomplishment. they only way to do that in this case is to compare the topic at hand with the greatest to ever lace them up. by doing this, they've still found a way to make the accomplishment look less impressive by comparing it against something that is untouchable.

it's player-hating for the high IQ.
    EXACTLY! Manram should read this.

vCash
    Jordan put up great scoring numbers, but he didn't always look for his own shot on every possession like Kobe. Jordan did so many other things on offense including scoring that made him so great, not to mention his defense as well. I think its gotta be Michael over Kobe, but Kobe is one of the best pure scorers in NBA history.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    Jordan, this isn't close at all.. I mean I watch jordan play (im 21) I was amazed how easy he made it look.. against a very aggressive defense. He took easy shots.. compared to kobe who'll just jack up a 3 and pray it goes in. Jordan is by far greater than kobe.. I think the comparison com from kobe cloning jordans game

vCash
    Michael is more efficient, but he also got more bail out calls (Kobe gets bail out calls, just not as much as the GOAT), so the shots that he missed, majority of the time he got the calls, and that statistical "field goal" attempt was waved away from the box score and you simply add 2 more "FTAs" to the box score. When Kobe misses jump shots and is fouled, he hasn't received the calls on a regular basis compared to Michael.

Kobe has the better range, way better 3 pt shooter and more deadly from beyond the arch (the guy is tied for most 3 pt makes in a game), and makes more contested shots right in his face with players literally in his grill than Michael ever did.

Michael was better at creating separation between himself and the defender and he drove more to the rim as he had more of his legs and less knee injuries compared to Kobe, who at times has to settle for jumpshots when fatigue or injuries have set in. So you can make the argument that Michael gets more FTs simply by driving to the whole.

So all in all, I will say that Michael is the better scorer, but Kobe has the better and more diverse arsenal with better range and the better ability and take and make tougher shots with guys in his grill.

Michael gets the edge, Kobe right behind him.

Respect to both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Michael is more efficient, but he also got more bail out calls (Kobe gets bail out calls, just not as much as the GOAT), so the shots that he missed, majority of the time he got the calls, and that statistical "field goal" attempt was waved away from the box score and you simply add 2 more "FTAs" to the box score. When Kobe misses jump shots and is fouled, he hasn't received the calls on a regular basis compared to Michael.

Kobe has the better range, way better 3 pt shooter and more deadly from beyond the arch (the guy is tied for most 3 pt makes in a game), and makes more contested shots right in his face with players literally in his grill than Michael ever did.

Michael was better at creating separation between himself and the defender and he drove more to the rim as he had more of his legs and less knee injuries compared to Kobe, who at times has to settle for jumpshots when fatigue or injuries have set in. So you can make the argument that Michael gets more FTs simply by driving to the whole.

So all in all, I will say that Michael is the better scorer, but Kobe has the better and more diverse arsenal with better range and the better ability and take and make tougher shots with guys in his grill.

Respect to both.
    jordan was big stronger faster with bigger hands and had a better killer instinct also more mentally tough. skill wise i think kobe is right up there maybe give him the edge. it pains to say this btw because of his fans

two all time greats we will never see someone quite like them

vCash
    Michael Jordan was a better scorer than Kobe Bryant.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post

Respect to both.

Im not sure if you know about this, but in basketball a contested shot is a horrible shot.. Kobe settle jordan didnt and thats what seperate the 2 BY FAR! the FG% speaks for its self.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    by your logic? no chance.

Jordan averaged 22.9 FGA per game. Kobe still only averages 19.6 FGA per game.

Jordan has still taken 1,727 more shots than Kobe Bryant, despite the fact that Kobe has played in 108 more regular season games. Jordan is quite easily better at shooting it a lot.
    If you take out Kobe's first three season in which he averaged only ~10 shots, then his FGA per game shoot right up to MJ's.

Then factor in the fact that Kobe's efficiency is average, and you have yourself a much less valuable scorer.

There's really no point of this discussion even continuing though, tredigs ended it with his post.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Its hard to say its very close. Mj got more respect from the refs. Mj was more athletic and had bigger hands. Kobe can score in many different ways. Mj never played with a force like Shaq and Kobe never had a wing man like Pippen but Kobe proved he could have avg 35ppg in his younger days. Its very close man. Its like asking who was the better center Wilt or Kareem.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast