Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    nice if it happens...

vCash
    nice if we can get those wide receivers to go with harvin and ap,all day...

vCash
    1. If we make the playoffs, our coaching personnel probably won't change.
    2. Musgrave has had some rough patches throughout the season but he has also draws up our running plays and blocking schemes, which is one area he has done great.

Less than 15% chance we change our OC, less than 5% chance we get Norv Turner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    1. If we make the playoffs, our coaching personnel probably won't change.

Less than 15% chance we change our OC, less than 5% chance we get Norv Turner.
    I think this is true. If we make the playoffs, we are unlikely to part with Musgrave.

vCash
    I dont know what offense just showed up today but something happened in the passing game on 3rd downs that won us this game. Our D is for real BTW

vCash
    Musgrave's offense has been very mundane, but truthfully, I think you have to applaud how he has been able to tailor the offense to what he has. The offense fits the players...a high dosage of Adrian Peterson, and short passes to get the balls in the hands of mediocre receivers from a mediocre QB.

vCash
    Lets be honest here...I don't know if it's Musgrave really making the changes or if it's FINALLY our players making plays. Simpson has come up pretty big the last 2 weeks with some key grabs but Ponder has also found his role in being a good manager again.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Musgrave's offense has been very mundane, but truthfully, I think you have to applaud how he has been able to tailor the offense to what he has. The offense fits the players...a high dosage of Adrian Peterson, and short passes to get the balls in the hands of mediocre receivers from a mediocre QB.
    Well that's what he claimed he was doing from the get-go, however he (along with our QB) has run into some rough patches along the way. Schematically, he's been sound but actual in-game decisions when bullets are flying he leaves a lo t be desired. He's not good at making adjustments or situationally calling plays.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Lets be honest here...I don't know if it's Musgrave really making the changes or if it's FINALLY our players making plays. Simpson has come up pretty big the last 2 weeks with some key grabs but Ponder has also found his role in being a good manager again.
    I think its sort of both but the biggest thing I'm noticing is that since they've pretty much abandoned using Jenkins in the vertical role, our passing offense has become much more productive. He did get one medium ranged pass there yesterday but the only reason he made that play was because of busted coverage. Instead of us seeing Jenkins trying and failing to beat that DB jogging next to him down the field, now we're seeing Jenkins on short ins and outs or comebacks where he can put his body between the ball and the DB and use his size to our advantage. This is how Jenkins should have been used all along because it was really not hard to see that he isn't going to be useful down the field because he is so slow.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Schematically, he's been sound but actual in-game decisions when bullets are flying he leaves a lo t be desired. He's not good at making adjustments or situationally calling plays.
    This has certainly been the problem this year. Good defenses adjust when an offensive gameplan is working, and the offensive gameplan needs to be flexible enough to work around that. We seemed to do that for the first time yesterday with Ponder & Gerhart. Whether we can keep doing that is another matter...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123