Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Norv Turner to Vikings?

I'm sure most of you heard the news that the Chargers will be firing Norv Turner at the end of the year..

So what do you think about him being the OC for the Vikings? I think it would be a good fit, he was always a good OC just never a good head coach.

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-and-turner/

vCash
    You beat me to it, I posted in the Musgrave thread. I say if he doesn't get a HC job we make a very strong push for this guy as our OC...He wont be cheap though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    You beat me to it, I posted in the Musgrave thread. I say if he doesn't get a HC job we make a very strong push for this guy as our OC...He wont be cheap though.
    My bad I should have looked for an existing thread. But I agree with you.

See how the offense finishes out the season and maybe go after him in the offseason. Imagine what he could do with our talent.

vCash
    This isn't as good an idea as it sounds on paper. Why, well because as a team we're not equipped to run an Air Coryell offense. We need new WRs anyways, but we'll need new QBs as well. Webb's arm might keep him around but I doubt it, Bethel-Thompson could stick because he can sling it, Ponder shouldn't even be on the roster if we're going for a deep-vertical pass game, he just doesn't fit that scheme. Also, for whoever we get, its absolutely vital that we get better guards. The pocket has to stay clean long enough for whoever it is to launch the ball.

There is some talk that the Chargers would dump Rivers as well, and a Turner/Rivers reunion would be nice and all, but they're not just going to ship him off for nothing. I wouldn't expect anything less than a 2nd round pick.

I'd be content with us staying with a west coast offense if we turf Musrgrave, mainly because there will be less personnel turnover and it will be easier to find players suited to that system.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Ehhh I'm not sure asking Ponder to learn a completely new system is a good idea. He is having enough struggles right now as it is. I don't know how he would handle that.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    If Musgrave is around as our OC next year i'm not watching and canceling my Sunday Ticket

As for Norv Turner idk maybe...I'm still stuck on if we are going to stick with Ponder...Imo we need to stick with Ponder for another year and give him some weapons in the passing game...He's not the one to blame for our recent struggles on offense...that lies on Musgrave and our WRs

Idk if Norv Turner and Ponder would gel and if it's a good fit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If Musgrave is around as our OC next year i'm not watching and canceling my Sunday Ticket

As for Norv Turner idk maybe...I'm still stuck on if we are going to stick with Ponder...Imo we need to stick with Ponder for another year and give him some weapons in the passing game...He's not the one to blame for our recent struggles on offense...that lies on Musgrave and our WRs

Idk if Norv Turner and Ponder would gel and if it's a good fit
    im not sure about turner either, but if the vikings lose out all 4 games with ponder at quarterback how can the vikings stick with ponder for next year? i dont think the vikings as a team can and the fan base will not be happy that is for sure.

vCash
    In my opinion whether we win out, lose out, or anything between Ponder will not be judged because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    This isn't as good an idea as it sounds on paper. Why, well because as a team we're not equipped to run an Air Coryell offense. We need new WRs anyways, but we'll need new QBs as well. Webb's arm might keep him around but I doubt it, Bethel-Thompson could stick because he can sling it, Ponder shouldn't even be on the roster if we're going for a deep-vertical pass game, he just doesn't fit that scheme. Also, for whoever we get, its absolutely vital that we get better guards. The pocket has to stay clean long enough for whoever it is to launch the ball.

There is some talk that the Chargers would dump Rivers as well, and a Turner/Rivers reunion would be nice and all, but they're not just going to ship him off for nothing. I wouldn't expect anything less than a 2nd round pick.

I'd be content with us staying with a west coast offense if we turf Musrgrave, mainly because there will be less personnel turnover and it will be easier to find players suited to that system.
    Cheese i love ya like a brother but i think you are wrong about this. If we get Turner then it will work out perfect. One good reason is because we have Peterson. Now lets just say if we get Bowe. Then lets just say we draft Keenan Allen.

Allen
    Bowe
    Harvin
    Rudolph
    Peterson

Chargers have Matthews and we have Peterson. Norv Turner would have our offense #1 in the league. He is an helluva o-coordinator

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    I dont care if Ponder needs to learn a new O,,,,I bet he will do better under anyone other then who we got...that is a fact at this point cause you cant get worse.

vCash
    norv is a step down from chilli no way i want him coaching the vikes

vCash
    Jimbo Fisher..

vCash
    Musgrave is a ****ing idiot...with all the blitzing we face you'd think the guy would scheme up some screens to AD or wright...like he calls such a bad game its ridiculous...no creativity whatsoever

vCash
    Cameron Turner is Frazier's personal assistant this year, his uncle is Norv. Just thought that was kinda cool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Cheese i love ya like a brother but i think you are wrong about this. If we get Turner then it will work out perfect. One good reason is because we have Peterson. Now lets just say if we get Bowe. Then lets just say we draft Keenan Allen.

Allen
    Bowe
    Harvin
    Rudolph
    Peterson

Chargers have Matthews and we have Peterson. Norv Turner would have our offense #1 in the league. He is an helluva o-coordinator
    We'd sure be better off with those guys, and that is one of the most important parts of the Coryell system, good, fast WRs. I'd still be more than a little worried about Ponder in that offense. I do think he has a stronger arm than he's often given credit for (look at that laser TD pass he threw to Rudolph) but Air Coryell (mid-long vertical passing) doesn't play towards his strengths. Realistically Ponder is a WC QB, ideally when we drafted him I think we were thinking "here is a guy who can make his money off the short pass and be good enough to occasionally burn teams going mid-long when the opportunity presents itself."

Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I dont care if Ponder needs to learn a new O,,,,I bet he will do better under anyone other then who we got...that is a fact at this point cause you cant get worse.
    I don't doubt at all that Norv could scheme things way better than Musgrave as far as play-calling goes, but this could nearly be a square peg, round hole situation for Ponder. Other than that, there's a lot to like about Turner as an OC.

I'm going to do a big post about it in a bit and I'll include some quotes from different articles just so you guys know where I'm coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Jimbo Fisher..
    Lol. I think Fisher is going to be at FSU for long time.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast