Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Poser Bags reporting for duty ^
    There have been 3 to date. This one bothered to put up the BB pic. How flattering.....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, the Mariners "may be amenable" to offering Josh Hamilton "five years, or perhaps even six."
    Heyman does add that the chances they would offer a deal of such length is "fairly speculative"
    Well if thats true Boston is out.

vCash
    Lmaooooooo he doesn't wanna go to Seattle. That's a place you end up, not sign to
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Yeah but the thing is Gonzalez had no "big" moments. He was possibly the best boring lackluster player we've ever had.
    No big moments?

How about a 138 OPS+ in Boston (over Hamilton's career) with gold glove defense (no GG's there)?

No big moments there...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Well if thats true Boston is out.
    The years usually get crazy when teams start bidding against one another IMO. It's a possibility I suppose, but I've never taken the idea of Hamilton signed for 3 years seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    The years usually get crazy when teams start bidding against one another IMO. It's a possibility I suppose, but I've never taken the idea of Hamilton signed for 3 years seriously.
    BC is doing well so far, no reason to overbid for Hamilton. That would be a turnaround from the plan at anything over 3 years, never mind the inherent risk of signing a player with frequent injury and substance abuse issues - that is about to hit (or has huit) his early decline phase in a place like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    No big moments?

How about a 138 OPS+ in Boston (over Hamilton's career) with gold glove defense (no GG's there)?

No big moments there...
    That's stats bro, I'm talking big moments: jd drew grand slam in 07 alcs, Ells stealing home, manny & papi numerous clutch postseason homers, Beckett giving up 3runs in 07 playoffs etc, those are memorable moments. Not more STATS which is all u know

Face palm that
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    What if John Farrell wants Hamilton on his team,then what. I heard him say i believe it ws on the mlb network.that he was messing with some lineups for players who are still available on the market.
    I was fan of JF for a longtime. But I see little chance him coming here. Now that the Dodgers got there guy last night the Rangers will now focus their attention to BJ & JH. I was never in favor of signing Shane V. IMO they should have given 3-4 year deal to JH instead of SV. It was fun while it lasted.

vCash
    That's stats bro, I'm talking big moments: jd drew grand slam in 07 alcs, Ells stealing home, manny & papi numerous clutch postseason homers, Beckett giving up 3runs in 07 playoffs etc, those are memorable moments. Not more STATS which is all u know

Face palm that
    Yeah Gonzalez is so bad that LAD took him and had to pay:

2 top P specs
    moderate 1B spec
    below average MLB 1B

and take on CC's awful rotten contract
    the rest of Beckett's deal (addition by subtraction for us)

Gonzalez is so bad that at the tender age of 30 he's already 1/2 way to a HOF career, and his contract is considered cheap by most for what he is.

What's Hamilton done BTW? Let's start with that feeble slash of:

.227/.295/.424 in 7 post season series (149 PA's)

He took two teams to the WS where they were favored and spit up all over himself with a:

.184/.212/.347

with a measly 7 RBI's in 52 PA's, some production hitter in the clutch.

Gonzalez only has 17 PA's in the post season, but I'd venture to say he croaks Hamilton with a:

.357/.471/.357

The worst one can say about Gonzalez is that he gets an incomplete in Boston.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yeah Gonzalez is so bad that LAD took him and had to pay:

2 top P specs
    moderate 1B spec
    below average MLB 1B

and take on CC's awful rotten contract
    the rest of Beckett's deal (addition by subtraction for us)

Gonzalez is so bad that at the tender age of 30 he's already 1/2 way to a HOF career, and his contract is considered cheap by most for what he is.

What's Hamilton done BTW? Let's start with that feeble slash of:

.227/.295/.424 in 7 post season series (149 PA's)

He took two teams to the WS where they were favored and spit up all over himself with a:

.184/.212/.347

with a measly 7 RBI's in 52 PA's, some production hitter in the clutch.

Gonzalez only has 17 PA's in the post season, but I'd venture to say he croaks Hamilton with a:

.357/.471/.357

The worst one can say about Gonzalez is that he gets an incomplete in Boston.
    Stats stats stats. Your too glue to baseball reference to see what I'm saying. Get a clue

vCash
    Stats stats stats. Your too glue to baseball reference to see what I'm saying. Get a clue
    Oh I know what you are saying, I just find it without merit, best way to counter nonsense is with facts.... that is unless you live you life per Ouija Board....

But hey... keep trying...

EDIT ADD:

Re: post 136: is that what passes for a comeback in the 8th grade now?
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.

vCash

vCash
    That's priceless coming from someone who can't seem to spell. Why don't you glue yourself to a dictionary? Might do you some good.

"You'RE too glueD to A baseball reference ..."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    That's priceless coming from someone who can't seem to spell. Why don't you glue yourself to a dictionary? Might do you some good.

"You'RE too glueD to A baseball reference ..."
    Two grown men were talking, not three

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast