Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

vCash
    What's the complaint about SV? If we sign Hamilton for say 3 years for $80M, and we deal Ellsbury, we have:

Gomes/Kalish(or Nava)
    SV
    Hamilton

in year 3 after Gomes is gone, its Hamilton in LF/DH.

Pretty nasty money, but, it will keep the pink hats quiet - which at this point in the hectoring could bring welcome relief.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    What's the complaint about SV? If we sign Hamilton for say 3 years for $80M, and we deal Ellsbury, we have:

Gomes/Kalish(or Nava)
    SV
    Hamilton

Pretty nasty money, but, it will keep the pink hats quiet - which at this point in the hectoring could bring welcome relief.
    too bad neither SV nor JH can pitch

Welcome to Anfield Mr. Balotelli!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Be patient. They'll acquire a SP be it via FA or trade.

vCash
    Who is even a realistic target for the Red Sox to trade for in terms of #1 or 2 pitchers? There's none. If there was, the Sox would be all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Gomes/Kalish(or Nava)
    SV
    Hamilton

If we sign Hamilton, will you root for him.

vCash
    That's what I'm thinking: why sign Hamilton if the BRS won't likely contend till year 3 of his deal?

I like the Victorino signing for CF though. Ellsbury won't net an elite SP 1 for 1, but it makes sense to move him now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Who is even a realistic target for the Red Sox to trade for in terms of #1 or 2 pitchers? There's none. If there was, the Sox would be all over it.

which is why I don't really see the point in spending the cash on guys like SV or JH. without pitching this team isn't going anywhere, and there's no one available who can fix the rotation (within reason - i mean we could trade our entire top 10 list of prospects for king felix but that wouldn't fix the problem either)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Be patient. They'll acquire a SP be it via FA or trade.
    but who is left? mccarthy (who i like) is going off of a scary injury; grienke and sanchez both will cost a lot

gavin floyd would be a nice pickup if we could get him for salty, but he is only one guy. at minimum this team needs 2 average starters, unless we want to enter the season with lackey and morales as our 4/5

vCash
    which is why I don't really see the point in spending the cash on guys like SV or JH. without pitching this team isn't going anywhere, and there's no one available who can fix the rotation (within reason - i mean we could trade our entire top 10 list of prospects for king felix but that wouldn't fix the problem either)
    SV's salary wont have an effect on FA's. Honestly we could probably sign two 20M contracts still if we truly wanted to, but were thankfully not the Dodgers. And if we're to get an ace it will be by trade in all likelihood. Free agency is the worst place for pitching when it comes to the popular guys.

I could definitely see us stealing JJ form Toronto next year if he pitches well and stays healthy this year.

vCash
    if its a 3 year/20-25 million deal for hamilton i would tend to agree
    It wouldn't be a 3yr/20-25 million, it would be a 3year/60-75. He is going to be looking for at least 20 million a year. Just wanted you to realize you were typing incorrectly.
    -

vCash
    but who is left? mccarthy (who i like) is going off of a scary injury; grienke and sanchez both will cost a lot

gavin floyd would be a nice pickup if we could get him for salty, but he is only one guy. at minimum this team needs 2 average starters, unless we want to enter the season with lackey and morales as our 4/5
    If we end up with one of Floyd, Dempster, Jackson or even McCarthy, I'd be more than happy. Plus there's always players available that are not reported, look at the Sergio Santos deal last year. We'll acquire a pitcher, relax.

vCash
    To put butts in seats Larry needs to ink Hamilton bc remember this is still a business

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    somone posted a spanish link saying sox offered 3-4 years $$ not disclosed something like that
    I posted that, even translated it, but never did I say they actually made an offer. Translation was...

Source: Farrell and Cherington on Monday met with Hamilton, looking for a 3-4 year agreement, yet the amount has not been revealed.
    Where did I or the reporter say that they actually offered Hamilton a contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I posted that, even translated it, but never did I say they actually made an offer. Translation was...

Where did I or the reporter say that they actually offered Hamilton a contract?
    It was a mistake on my end.

vCash
    alexspeier Hazen says Sox remain engaged with Hamilton and plenty of other free agents, but will see where that goes. Team's core, he says, is youth
    source https://twitter.com/alexspeier

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast