Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

vCash
    I guess the Angels have to offset having the best player in baseball at the minimum by signing the other good players to downright terrible contracts.

vCash
    Oh well. Angels are my other team so cant complain to such

vCash
    Thats Angels lineup has got to be the most scariest lineup in baseball

vCash
    I wonder if Texas is feeling the heat on getting something done now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chomaru View Post
    I wonder if Texas is feeling the heat on getting something done now.
    maybe they get in on Ellsbury

vCash

Josh Hamilton

Hamilton and pujols in the same lineup. Terrifying. It's a good rival to Miggy/Fielder

vCash
    Plus Trout an Trumbo and Morales. So many HRS

vCash
    Not trolling, but how do you guys think the Jays will stack up with Reyes, Cabrera, Batista, Encarnacion? You have the two batting champs in the last 2 years° followed by two 40 hr hitters.

vCash
    The ° refers to Cabrera pulling himself out/ being caught.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA
    Im so done with the Red sox.im pissed.
    Hey guys, remember when this guy said he wasn't a "fair weather fan"?
    Last edited by AI; 12-13-2012 at 06:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    maybe they get in on Ellsbury
    That's what I would be looking for. Bat? Ellsbury! frontline starter? Lester/Buchholz!

Now it's time to cash in on both. Rangers are probably interested. Make a mega-deal out of it, we're not contending anyway.
    Ellsbury, (Salty/Reliever) and Lester for Olt, Perez, Martin and Buckel

It really seems like not getting Crawford back in the day made the Angels snap. 5/125 for Hamilton is a tad too much, even though not completely stupid (unlike Pujols). But Trout, Hamilton and Pujols sounds sexy.
    Last edited by SirHizz; 12-13-2012 at 06:41 PM.

vCash
    Texas always seemed like the only logical landing spot to me for Ellsbury. And that, of course, was only if Hamilton left them. Since that seems to be the case now, I really hope that BC works that trade option hard. Let's not let the Dempsters, Victorinos and Napolis (if that deal ever gets finalized) make us forget that this team is a long shot for the playoffs next season. We can hope that Ells has a great contract year and can bring in a haul at the deadline but that's wishful thinking at best.

The Rangers are a team that has flirted with a title for three years now. With Ellsbury they get a legit CF for at least one season. Add in Salty since they need a catcher and they're familiar with him. I'm not in love with Andrus but he's certainly an upgrade over what we have. Holland would be a nice addition IMO but with us signing Dempster he seems less likely a target. Olt? Something? Let's do this. I just want to see the Sox get more than a compensatory pick for Ellsbury.

vCash
    LA is not the place to be for a former addict

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Hamilton and pujols in the same lineup. Terrifying. It's a good rival to Miggy/Fielder
    Not to mention Mike Trout mixed in there also!!!!!!

vCash
    You saw what the Angels did.

It’s probably what the Red Sox should have done.

They should have made a splash and signed Josh Hamilton, one of the best players on earth. But the Angels and the outfielder agreed to a five-year, $125 million deal Thursday. The Red Sox couldn't’t have done that?

Instead the Red Sox will have Shane Victorino in right field. No knock against Victorino, who presented himself well at his introductory press conference Thursday. He’s a high-energy player, sort of the Dustin Pedroia of the outfield, good character guy and all that. But five years for Hamilton is a great deal.

Related
    ■Angels land Josh Hamilton for $125m

It was not the seven- or eight-year commitments the Red Sox are trying to stay away from. But they chose to stick to their plan of value players at lower cost and years, and we’ll see how that turns out.

It was no secret that Hamilton was seeking $25 million to $30 million per season. The question was years. Teams like the Red Sox would only offer three. Some would go four. The Angels stepped up for five. After not re-signing Torii Hunter and losing Zack Greinke to the Dodgers, the Angels were compelled to do something. And they surely did.

The Red Sox could have done the same. They could have created excitement. And while their mantra has been to quietly build a solid, contending team, Hamilton on a five-year deal would not have deterred them from that goal.

It’s all about choices.

The Angels didn’t get to the postseason after adding Albert Pujols and then Greinke. It was the nondescript A’s and Orioles that made it. Maybe the Red Sox are hoping for a similar fate with high-energy guys like Victorino.

Thursday was that kind of a day.

The glitz and glamour of Hamilton vs. the low-key, lunch pail Victorino.

Twelve months from now, we should know which method was more successful.
    Wow I never thought Nick Cafardo would write this.

I agree would should have gone after him instead on SV. The FO said they are not doing 6+ years and never said anything about 5 years. Yeah Yeah your going to say hes aging, hes a druggie, hes a drunk etc. Thats his past. I know alot of that does take a toll on your body but it sure didn't show. The only year I see that he struggled was 2009. I never thought NC would say that but I agree with him.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast