Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

vCash
    Heyman says Hamilton's agent misread the market and that anything past 5 years is likely dead, and he'll most likely end up at 4/5 years. Just said it on 98.5.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Hrmm... starting to get interesting.

I feel like most everyone else; Hamilton at shorter years but a high salary is fairly intriguing.
    DodgersGM ‏@DodgersGM
    Josh Beckett grounds out to right field. #Dodgers #Cardinals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Heyman says Hamilton's agent misread the market and that anything past 5 years is likely dead, and he'll most likely end up at 4/5 years. Just said it on 98.5.
    I believe it when I see it, not saying it's unlikely, but the same thing was said about Fielder at some point last year. There are always your Seattle Mariners desperate for a big bat. Don't think the huge years will come out of Boston, Texas or Philly, though. Again, I am ready to throw stupid money at him if he signs for 3 years. Either 3/80-85 or maybe 4/100, maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    If we don't get Hamilton for a "good" deal,are yall thinking we should go after Swisher?
    Please, GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

vCash
    I don't get the Red Sox They are taking this so called oh we now the most financial restraint team too far. Just offer Hamilton the deal bags said. 4 years 26, 28 per. His agent and him must be fools not to accept it. A one year difference is not a big deal.You are telling me, you going to risk losing a player you really want over a one year difference. It doesn't make sense. The red sox would just stick Hamilton to DH in year 4. Problem solved.

Lastly Hamilton can do so much better than the red sox offering only three years. The rangers, mariners,phillies could offer the same deal.

vCash
    You are acting as if we are the only suitors for his services. Plus he has already stated that he'll give the Rangers a chance to match any offer. It's not quite the "make him an offer he'd be crazy not take it" type of situation you are making it out to be.

This is not MLB The Show were you just offer a player a contract and instantly get a yes or no response. Think of it more like poker, where each side is bluffing and is waiting until the other folds or ups the ante.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    I don't get the Red Sox They are taking this so called oh we now the most financial restraint team too far. Just offer Hamilton the deal bags said. 4 years 26, 28 per. His agent and him must be fools not to accept it. A one year difference is not a big deal.You are telling me, you going to risk losing a player you really want over a one year difference. It doesn't make sense. The red sox would just stick Hamilton to DH in year 4. Problem solved.

Lastly Hamilton can do so much better than the red sox offering only three years. The rangers, mariners,phillies could offer the same deal.
    Just to be clear, I think that's what Hamilton will get, not what I want the Red Sox to pay for him.

I do not believe there is any such offer on the table at this time.

DH for 4 years? What about Ortiz??????

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Just to be clear, I think that's what Hamilton will get, not what I want the Red Sox to pay for him.

I do not believe there is any such offer on the table at this time.

DH for 4 years? What about Ortiz??????
    David ortiz signed for two years and he would be 41 when Hamilton moves to Dh.ortiz should retire

vCash
    @ Bags what is the highest AAV we can give Hamilton for 3 years to beat out other teams. That's what i give Hamilton.We cant try to low ball him in both years and money wise. Either we give him the 4 years but lower aav or low years and higher AAV. It cant be both.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 12-12-2012 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    @ Bags what is the highest AAV we can give Hamilton for 3 years to beat out other teams. That's what i give Hamilton.We cant try to low ball him in both years and money wise. Either we give him the 4 year but lower aav or low years and higher Avv. It cant be both.
    Oops misread, I thought you said put Hamilton at DH for 4 years. Hamilton would be at DH the day Ortiz isn't here anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    I believe it when I see it, not saying it's unlikely, but the same thing was said about Fielder at some point last year. There are always your Seattle Mariners desperate for a big bat. Don't think the huge years will come out of Boston, Texas or Philly, though. Again, I am ready to throw stupid money at him if he signs for 3 years. Either 3/80-85 or maybe 4/100, maybe.
    He won't sign for 3 years IMO. The competitive nature of negotiating amongst desperate teams will, I believe, result in a 4-5 year deal.

Much attention is given to JH's personal issues, but what about his stats? Beyond just HR/SLG, he's kinda overrated IMO.

vCash
    i posed a question his part of what i to Ken Rosenthal on twitter.not sure if he answers is it or not,but this part of what i said. I had to delete a couple of the message due mistakes.

Afam @IMMEAfam

@Ken_Rosenthal Doesn't Offering Josh Hamilton a 4th year deal with a high AAv make more sense, than the Red Sox offering Dempster a 3 year deal.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 12-12-2012 at 08:08 PM.

vCash
    Phillies just offered Josh Hamilton a 3 year deal.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 12-12-2012 at 08:06 PM.

vCash
    i posed a question his part of what i to Ken Rosenthal on twitter.not sure if he answers is it or not,but this part of what i said. I had to delete a couple of the message due mistakes.

Afam @IMMEAfam

@Ken_Rosenthal Doesn't Offering Josh Hamilton a 4th year deal with a high AAv make more sense, than the Red Sox offering Dempster a 3 year deal.
    I don't like either Hamilton OR Dempster, to be quite honest. Doesn't 'being disciplined' entail bypassing players during weak free agencies?

Signing players to short, big-money contracts has serious market implications IMO. Why, for instance, would Josh Hamilton take 3-years when Shane Victorino -- an inferior player by all accounts -- just received 3 himself?

Makes no sense. At some point, the BRS will inevitably bid against themselves with this myopic strategy.
    Last edited by elements1985; 12-13-2012 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    @Buster_ESPN
    Source: Angels positioning themselves for a big strike in the market. Hamilton? We'll see.

@Buster_ESPN
    Remember this about Arte Moreno: He reacts to PR; made Pujols signing happen in 48 hours. LAD have been owning that market this winter.

Ha, do it! Then maybe Jacoby will look more attractive to Texas and Seattle.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast