Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Oh I know what you are saying, I just find it without merit, best way to counter nonsense is with facts.... that is unless you live you life per Ouija Board....

But hey... keep trying...
    U done?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    That was a funny article thanks for posting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    U done?
    You care adding anything productive to the discussion?

vCash
    MagicBucsSox please show us the way you are the smartest person in the world. Lead us to the promise land.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Two grown men were talking, not three
    If you want to have a private conversation with Bags, use PM's.

Otherwise, every conversation is open for EVERYONE to join.

vCash
    BC is doing well so far, no reason to overbid for Hamilton. That would be a turnaround from the plan at anything over 3 years, never mind the inherent risk of signing a player with frequent injury and substance abuse issues - that is about to hit (or has huit) his early decline phase in a place like this.
    No reason to sign Hamilton after reading that article you posted. People are caught up with the entire 2012 slash, but when you build a line-up around a particular player -- and he unfortunately checks out for a few months -- that's now the difference between, say, a WC play-in and losing out.

Incredible talent, but I'd stay the course and move along.

vCash
    It's a little toxic in here. I'll tread lightly.

I've never believed that the Sox should sign Hamilton. He's an excellent player but he's wrong for the Sox given their plan going forward. Now if they could actually sign him to a 3-year deal then maybe that's a different story, but I still really don't see that happening.

As far as the AGon debate, I think there's something to be said for both of the arguments being made here. Statistically speaking, AGon is a hell of a ball player. No question about it. He puts up great numbers every season and doesn't have Hamilton's injury issues or concerning past. But I have to say that in his brief time here I couldn't help feeling like something was missing. There's probably no way to quantify this. It's more of a smell test. It just seemed like every time I watched AGon get up in a clutch situation at the end of a game, he almost never came through. While the Sox miss his bat (and I'm sure will miss his glove after watching Napoli at 1B) I can't really say that I'm sorry he's gone. The same way I wouldn't be sorry to see Hamilton not come to Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Sox Fan View Post
    It's a little toxic in here. I'll tread lightly.

I've never believed that the Sox should sign Hamilton. He's an excellent player but he's wrong for the Sox given their plan going forward. Now if they could actually sign him to a 3-year deal then maybe that's a different story, but I still really don't see that happening.

As far as the AGon debate, I think there's something to be said for both of the arguments being made here. Statistically speaking, AGon is a hell of a ball player. No question about it. He puts up great numbers every season and doesn't have Hamilton's injury issues or concerning past. But I have to say that in his brief time here I couldn't help feeling like something was missing. There's probably no way to quantify this. It's more of a smell test. It just seemed like every time I watched AGon get up in a clutch situation at the end of a game, he almost never came through. While the Sox miss his bat (and I'm sure will miss his glove after watching Napoli at 1B) I can't really say that I'm sorry he's gone. The same way I wouldn't be sorry to see Hamilton not come to Boston.
    I'm all for Hamilton at 3/54.

I'm afraid from prior threads the problem with Gonzalez in Boston is the belief that he was some great HR hitter. I made the case before he ever had an AB for us that he would hit a pile of 2B's, but not many HR's in Fenway. I think I called for a Range of 32-40 with a mean of 34, others were talking 45-50. So, the incorrect expectations is what sank him the most. Clearly he didn't get the mindshare of the fans, he should have watched tape of Trot Nixon and Pedroia if he and the FO wanted him to be popular.

I'm a lot happier that CC, Beckett are gone, and we have 2 high end legit P specs, and OK 1B spec in hand than losing Gonzalez.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I'm all for Hamilton at 3/54.
    Who wouldn't be?

Also I think Tampa could try to pull him in on a 4 year deal now that Shields is off of their books and they're a team with most of their guys either arb or pre-arb.

vCash
    The best thing that can happen is Texas signs him, and Seattle gets desperate and makes a good offer for Jacoby.

vCash
    I still view the Brewers are a darkhorse in the Hamilton sweepstakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Who wouldn't be?

Also I think Tampa could try to pull him in on a 4 year deal now that Shields is off of their books and they're a team with most of their guys either arb or pre-arb.
    I think TB did the deal to be able to have money for other players they have they want to retain.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I think TB did the deal to be able to have money for other players they have they want to retain.
    They made this deal to make every effort to sign David Price long term, IMO.

That, and, they have the ridiculous luxury of moving guys like Shields, and Davis, and simply replacing them with Alex Cobb, and Chris Archer.
    Here's to feeling good all the time.

vCash
    There will be no better 3 man core than Longo/Price/Myers IMO. Maybe Kemp/Kershaw/Greinke.

vCash
    TB can't sign Price long term. He has two years of arb left, they don't have the money to pay him, they have just begun exploring trading him because they are worried about arbitration cost.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast