Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I think the Greinke deal is going to be fine for them. So will Kemp's if he stays healthy. Crawford and Ethier are overpayed, but they still produce. AGon should start to earn his contract again. They might have trouble re-signing Kershaw though. I could see the Sox giving Kershaw something like 7 years/$200M when he is a free agent in 2014.
    That deal for Kershaw would be a lot easier to handle if we don't a 4-5 year with Hamilton.

Grienke's contract at best will be worth it. Kemp is never healthy. Ethier's contract is awful. Crawford? I can't even start with that again..

Funny if thse lose Kershaw that arguably the best player they have in all those names is the one they can't afford.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    That deal for Kershaw would be a lot easier to handle if we don't a 4-5 year with Hamilton.

Grienke's contract at best will be worth it. Kemp is never healthy. Ethier's contract is awful. Crawford? I can't even start with that again..

Funny if thse lose Kershaw that arguably the best player they have in all those names is the one they can't afford.
    Yeah, but I can see Dodgers pulling what the Marlins did and do a fire sale if they start to lose, and not living up the the hype.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    Yeah, but I can see Dodgers pulling what the Marlins did and do a fire sale if they start to lose, and not living up the the hype.
    Yeah! We can get Crawford back...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Yeah! We can get Crawford back...
    Only if they pay for his contract.

Rofl, wouldn't that be something?

vCash
    I'd give Kershaw a blank check, I absolutely love him.

vCash
    Yeah still not interested in the almighty once addict now saint Hamilton.

Crawford is a much better fit there. I don't think Greinke earns that money completely, but I'm saying it wont be the reason for an LA disaster. The real disaster would be, as you said, not being able to afford Kershaw. They'll try to unload Ethier's contract every chance they get im sure, hoping Joc Pederson will be able to take over RF making next to nothing for 5 years.

vCash
    Everything is quiet on the Boston Front. Furthermore did anyone know Boston just hired a new Pawtucket coach. I was wondering is the Pawtucket coach responsible for the A, Double A and Triple A players

vCash
    If we don't get Hamilton for a "good" deal,are yall thinking we should go after Swisher?
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    I'd rather give Hamilton 100m than 39m to swisher
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    A Swisher signing would indicate that Ellsbury is on his way out.

vCash
    If it's only 4 years I take Hamilton > Swisher regardless if the money is double.

We'd still be multi-millions away from the luxury tax threshold with a Hamilton signing, but a hell of alot more powerful.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    Everything is quiet on the Boston Front. Furthermore did anyone know Boston just hired a new Pawtucket coach. I was wondering is the Pawtucket coach responsible for the A, Double A and Triple A players
    Boston AAA affiliate is in Pawtucket, hence that's the team he's managing.

vCash
    Jon Heyman‏@JonHeymenCBS

#Phillies VERY close to a Josh Hamilton deal. Heard 3 years, $85 mill. Others have heard similar. Deal could be done tonight.
    Wow didnt think Phillies

NM ITS FAKE

JonHeymanCBS @JonHeymenCBS i'm afraid thats another philly phake. not me frank.

vCash
    98.5 is talking about the Sox drawing the line at 3 years with Hamilton, but haven't quoted the source. This might be in the $75M-$84M ($25-28M per) range package if they want to be serious.

Don't think that flies. Hamilton 4 years or more at $20M-$26M per.

I think Swisher has to be signed before Hamilton can land.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-12-2012 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    They claim Swisher is waiting for Hamilton though.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast