Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 258

Thread: Josh Hamilton

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500

    Josh Hamilton

    If the talk is no one is gonna go beyond 4 years for the guy, and the talk is that the Mariners are talking to him about 3 years worth 20-25 mil per, then why are the Sox not talking to him as well?

    I would be fine offering Hamilton 25-30mil per year on a 3yr deal. Yes its probably a little overpayment, but for a short term deal for a guy that should still be a stud over the next 2-3 years, it's a "no brainer"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,907
    vCash
    1500
    was this thread really neccessary ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,244
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    If the talk is no one is gonna go beyond 4 years for the guy, and the talk is that the Mariners are talking to him about 3 years worth 20-25 mil per, then why are the Sox not talking to him as well?

    I would be fine offering Hamilton 25-30mil per year on a 3yr deal. Yes its probably a little overpayment, but for a short term deal for a guy that should still be a stud over the next 2-3 years, it's a "no brainer"
    .
    Last edited by Celtic AL; 12-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    If the topic belongs someplace else then somebody please move it there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    1500
    My bad didn't notice it yet being talked about in the off-season thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34,882
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    was this thread really neccessary ?
    It's a good idea. It takes all the Hamilton talk out of the offseason thread. If the Giancarlo stuff gets excessive like Hamilton has been we should make a thread for that too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,916
    vCash
    1500
    We should keep this thread and stop talking about him in the offseason thread.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    vCash
    1500
    If Seattle signa him to 3-4 years with that money then sign SV was a mistake. Well it was cause alot of people didnt want him for 3 years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,508
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    If Seattle signa him to 3-4 years with that money then sign SV was a mistake. Well it was cause alot of people didnt want him for 3 years.
    if its a 3 year/20-25 million deal for hamilton i would tend to agree

    Thanks for the Memories Suarez!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18,922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    It's a good idea. It takes all the Hamilton talk out of the offseason thread. If the Giancarlo stuff gets excessive like Hamilton has been we should make a thread for that too.
    You're going to make a thread for me? Aww how cute.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    If Seattle signa him to 3-4 years with that money then sign SV was a mistake. Well it was cause alot of people didnt want him for 3 years.
    And if SV didn't want to wait and signed elsewhere, and the Sox still lost out on Hamilton, what would you say then?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,859
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    And if SV didn't want to wait and signed elsewhere, and the Sox still lost out on Hamilton, what would you say then?
    Not SV thats for sure. SV would have signed with the Indians thats a fact. And I don't think they would loose out on him. I think the FO would have been more aggressive

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,365
    vCash
    1500
    Wow, Gammons said we offered the Twins to eat the entire contract of Mauer. Holy smokes, he's owed 138m over the next 6 years. How is that better than a possible 4-5 year deal for Hamilton? I'd be shocked if we didn't offer him a strong contract.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34,882
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Wow, Gammons said we offered the Twins to eat the entire contract of Mauer. Holy smokes, he's owed 138m over the next 6 years. How is that better than a possible 4-5 year deal for Hamilton? I'd be shocked if we didn't offer him a strong contract.
    I don't believe it. If that was the case they would have claimed him on waivers last season. I also can't imagine the Twins saying no.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,916
    vCash
    1500
    If we had pieces coming back our way too like Arcia for example, I would have an easier time believing it.

  16. 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM
    Reason
    Insulting

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •