Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfred Morris

Hybrid View

vCash

Alfred Morris

this kid was a sixth rd pick out of Florida Atlantic (1-11) is currently tied for third in rushing (1,106) in a world without Griffen or Luck, he would probably the newest sensation and a bet for ROY. literally no one talks about him but hes been quietly do a hell of a job all season.

his comments on RGIII:
    "People feel like I'm in the shadow, I don't feel like I'm in the shadow. I'm thankful that he's my quarterback. And I'm glad that we get an opportunity to be rookies together, to grow together. I hope it's the beginning of a beautiful relationship, and that it goes on for quite some time."

is he for real? can he put up these numbers yearly? thoughts?
    Last edited by BigLee53; 12-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Everytime i see this kid I'm interviews he just seems sooo polite and humble. He seems like such a great kid. But when he steps on the field he has this level of nastiness that he brings and I love it. I think he will only get better. As a rookie noone seems to be able to tackle him solo. It often takes multiple people just to stop his forward progress. He lays harder hits on the defense than they on him. He definetly makes up for Atleast one draft pick that we gave up for RG3. The fact that these 2 are rookies and both show such great character and leadership...makes me confident about where we are headed. HTTR!!!

vCash
    Running backs have a shorter shelf life.....but.......he sure can put up big numbers for a few years in my opinion.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Fell in love with the kid the first time I saw his tape. Fell more in love after interviewing him. Guy is literally a class act, goes 100% all game, there's nothing to dislike. He's one of those players when even turning over the ball and fumbling I can't get mad.

If Luck and RGIII weren't in the league, he'd definitely be up there for ROY, no doubt about it.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    this kid is the truth...brandon jacobs without all the unnecessary dancing and getting cute...

steal of the draft..

am going out on a limb and saying this time next year, we will be considering aldrick robinson as a major steal...just like it took victor cruz, danny amyndola, and miles austin 2-3 years to learn route-running and produce, i expect the same from him... dude us ridiculous..

its crazy how people wanted shanahan gone after all he's done...no one else would have gotten this much talent together in 2 years...he has done nothing but hit on draftpicks left and right....

they say if you get 2 starters from every draft, you get an A....well lets see,
    year one(only 4 draftpicks to begin with) ; Riley and Trent= studs for a long time to come= A+
    year 2; Kerrigan (stud), jenkins (starter), hankerson (good rotatational guy), helu good when healthy (i wont include all the depth we gained in this draft
    year 3; RG3 (superstar, all-pro for years to come), Morris (stud, 1000yd back every year if healthy),

i say our drafting has been superb...and the jury is still out on talent like gettis, leribus, keenan + aldrick robinson, hurt, hankerson, helu, royster, crawford and gomes who are all solid depth AT WORST

i cant wait until april to see what guys he picks...

vCash
    let me add, i cant wait to see a fully healthy backfield and an upgrade at RT with Helu pitching in and being the change of pace guy.

vCash
    I think Morris would still lose ROY to Doug Martin, only because he was drafted in a later round.

vCash
    To all Alfred Morris doubters... he is for real. What's even better is that we will have a very strong running game next year with Helu back in.

Between Morris, Helu and RG3 we will be good in the run game, something we have been lacking for so many years.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash

Alfred Morris

"Run Alfred Run"

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    no its "run morris Run"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    no its "run morris Run"
    Morris Gump.

vCash

Alfred Morris

youre right. its been to long. i wonder what Portis is up to these days.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    I was really impressed with his 87 yds. today. Tuff day and he grinded it out.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I was really impressed with his 87 yds. today. Tuff day and he grinded it out.
    Yeah he did. Love this man

vCash
    I'm really impressed with his durability since he's not splitting the load and is averaging 20 carries/game. I also like his consistency. He doesn't have a lot of negative plays and gains most of his yards from consistent, hard running as opposed to a bunch of plays that go nowhere but are offset but a really long run that makes the final stat line look good. Runs that consistently move the chains throughout the game is far more beneficial to the offense overall than just getting some long runs on a couple of drives. You can also see a big difference in the occasional plays where we run the ball and he's not in there. Morris is averaging 4.7 ypc while Royster is averaging only 3.4 on 19 carries, and I can't remember many instances, if any, of Royster doing anything special on any of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast