Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Courting Kyle

vCash

Courting Kyle

During the game last night, Colinsworth kept mentioning the idea of Shanny Jr. possibly being the next up and coming head coaching "prospect" in the NFL.

Prior to those comments, I hadn't heard, or even thought of that as a possibility... We've all taken some shots at Shanny's play calling in here, and he's was a bit of a punching bag earlier in the season, but he's proven that he can develop an unconventional gameplan that works at the NFL level. He's also young and seems to be a "players coach."

Does anyone think he'll bolt to the first team that offers him a job, or would he be the likely replacement for his old man? (whenever that may be.)
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 12-31-2012 at 04:33 AM.

vCash
    Can't remember who it was (Lombardi?) but someone threw the idea out there that Kyle would leave Washington to become a head coach and we would trade Kirk to the team Kyle ends up with... Ever since then people act like it's a real thing that was talked about.

John Keim seems to think the only way Kyle takes a head coaching job now, instead of eventually inheriting our head coaching job, is if someone makes him a ridiculous offer. I tend to trust a lot of John Keim's opinions because he actually communicates with our staff every once in a while. He has a good feel of certain perceptions and opinions.

vCash
    Lets not anoint him yet. Up until these last few games......"sucks" was a commonplace name for him.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    i think he will stick around... he has alot to still get done.. thats my oppinion and in sticking to it.. bad spelling and all.. lol

vCash
    I don't think he deserves to be a head coach yet. Possibly in another 2-3 years. However, I could see a stupid team offer him a ridiculous amount of money this off-season. If we continue our success in the next few years and Shanny stays around, I believe Kyle will be passed the torch.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    whether he deserves to be a head coach or not is really not relevant...some people will want him... and if a team wants him AND needs a QB, we might be in luck.... a matt schaub type deal would benifit us greatly...

ill gladly take 2 2nd rounders for cousins, as good as he has been

vCash
    not going anywhere unless he can take Bob with him and that isn't going to happen.

vCash
    There was an interview with Mike the other day, I think on CSN or something, and they asked him how he would feel about Kyle going elsewhere to be a head coach and he said he'd be happy for him but didn't want him to go anywhere. Didn't say anything about any deals in the making or that it's actually going to happen anytime soon.

vCash
    of course he would not want his son and OC to leave now that they have so much success together...but lets say Kyle Goes to a place like ARI...all they need is a QB to get right back into contention... we can supply cousins for a good player and/or draftpicks..problem solved for him

vCash
    I dont see him going anywhere this year but if we do good again next season then he will probably get offers and go

vCash
    I can't see the Cardinals going the Kevin Kolb route again. Not saying Cousins is, or will be another Kolb, but it's a similar situation.