Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm telling you guys, they should trade for Jerry Hairston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well. I guess the non-guaranteed thing is "better" but even as someone who is totally okay with waiting another year...its going to make this team hard to watch next year.
    Let you mind think happy thoughts of early 2012 when we thought he was going to breakout...put your mind in a happy place of teaching our youth and visuals of Stewart hitting bombs on to Sheffield and winning the WS MVP in 2015. Happy thought 08 happy thoughts!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Kyle=Darth Vader

ABE=Obi wan

1908= annikan skywalker

-----join the dark side 1908..its your only hope hahaha

vCash
    Its a good deal because nothing is guaranteed. Epstien mention a platoon many times. I would not mind seeing Stewart and Reynolds at the hot corner. One brings what the other doesn't in a sense. Reynold is still out there and could be a good pick up who is a relativly consistent source of power, but Stewart is always a good glove. So who knows. If he sucks the Cubs are off the hook no harm no foul. If not they are not coughing up much anyways. We could do much worse at 3B, its not like they are going to win now so he's another filler player until one of the 3B specs is ready.

vCash
    With all the teams looking for 3b you would have to think it is a red flag the best Stewart could get is a non-guarenteed deal.

vCash
    Can I be Luke? "You'll never turn ME!"

vCash
    Haha I may have just read the biggest overreaction ever. Who would you guys reccommend they sign? Youkillis at 6 times the money and 1/3 the defense? Mark Reynolds? They got a cheap deal that isn't even guaranteed for a guy that at least has a chance to have a bounce back year after finally having the surgery he should have had before. You would think they passed up a deal with Longoria or Beltre in favor of Steward with the way some of you are acting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    With all the teams looking for 3b you would have to think it is a red flag the best Stewart could get is a non-guarenteed deal.
    IS THAT A FACT??? How do you know he didn't turn down other offers? Like Dempster did in order to get on the cubbie train to the first World series in 105 Years. not sure on DEMP still but they still chatting.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I would rather Theo Epstein himself come down from his office and take over 3b than give Ian Stewart $2 million and a guaranteed job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Kyle=Darth Vader

ABE=Obi wan

1908= annikan skywalker

-----join the dark side 1908..its your only hope hahaha
    Doesn't OBI get killed ??

Ohhh **** with all my complaining I forgot to post my 4000th post rap. Consider yourselves blessed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Its a good deal because nothing is guaranteed. Epstien mention a platoon many times. I would not mind seeing Stewart and Reynolds at the hot corner. One brings what the other doesn't in a sense. Reynold is still out there and could be a good pick up who is a relativly consistent source of power, but Stewart is always a good glove. So who knows. If he sucks the Cubs are off the hook no harm no foul. If not they are not coughing up much anyways. We could do much worse at 3B, its not like they are going to win now so he's another filler player until one of the 3B specs is ready.
    Reynolds isn't going to come here to split time with Stewart or anyone else. He's going to get a starting job with some team at either 1b,3rd or DH most likely. Along with making 8 million or so per season as well.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Ugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Doesn't OBI get killed ??
    nah...i mean..yea but you get to do that cool vaporization hologram thingy...which is cool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I would rather Theo Epstein himself come down from his office and take over 3b than give Ian Stewart $2 million and a guaranteed job.
    why would he do that? Hes got a pretty cushy job right now..paid 4M a year to.....yea i know hes great..just joshing

vCash
    I think Abe is more like anakin, atleast his posts seem more whiny than all knowing. So I'll take obi wan thank YOU. A scratch that, I'm yoda.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast