Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    vCash
    I don't have the energy to look it up right now. Did Castro ever get punked at any stop, even a short one, the way Baez did at Daytona and in the AFL this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I don't have the energy to look it up right now. Did Castro ever get punked at any stop, even a short one, the way Baez did at Daytona and in the AFL this season?
    No, not even close. His worst ops at any stop was .731. Very consistent until the explosion at Tennessee in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Nope. That said, he also never went truly bananas at a level, either, until 26 games at AA.

I'm with you though: just because Castro did it, doesn't mean we should try it with Baez.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by windycityD View Post
    Inge will be older and coming off of major surgery and will be cheap in 2014 for $500 Alex. Seriously, this front office would be all over that kind of budget signing (see Stewart) and it's pretty clear they are going to continue to kick the tires on players like this as they've done that plenty already. Not pulling this out of the ethos, it's way possible and way pointless imho.

I heard no less than 20 people on here say Castro was "not ready." Most talent evaluators actually rate Baez's bat potentially on par with Castro's, plus Baez has decent power potential and a better glove. If the kid tears *** through July in the minors, um, why not? Don't give me the service time argument when you consider we have NOTHING at 3b organizationally beyond him and we're not spending big money in FA to fill 3b anytime soon. We are the Marlins now going young(er), it's a legit comparison here.
    I said I think he would be ready around July to at least get a shot but I doubt we do it as we are not ready to compete. If he comes up and has a rough go of it he will loose some trade value and some folks will turn on him as fast as they have turned on Mike Olt.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Nope. That said, he also never went truly bananas at a level, either, until 26 games at AA.

I'm with you though: just because Castro did it, doesn't mean we should try it with Baez.
    It scared the living **** out of me when they brought Castro up. I had visions of Felix pie and Ronny cedeno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    It scared the living **** out of me when they brought Castro up. I had visions of Felix pie and Ronny cedeno
    Same here.

vCash
    Just one more reason why it makes no sense for people to make comparisons to past prospects. Each player is different and the way they make adjustments is different. Most can't make the adjustment to major league pitching.

Castro was always a strong candidate to do so, however, because of his hit tool. Hard to teach that kind of contact ability.

vCash
    Well…

At least we've got him coming (back)…

I followed the Sanchez saga and this thread was listed right beside it the whole time. *SIGH*
    Last edited by ImGoinToJackson; 12-14-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: grammah

vCash
    Me too! And then he blasted 6 RBI in the game!!

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash

"I don't play for money," he said. "I play to win."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Just one more reason why it makes no sense for people to make comparisons to past prospects. Each player is different and the way they make adjustments is different. Most can't make the adjustment to major league pitching.

Castro was always a strong candidate to do so, however, because of his hit tool. Hard to teach that kind of contact ability.
    Logically speaking its a dumb thing to do I know this but as a fan I cant help but try and remember the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL:24740589
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post

Logically speaking its a dumb thing to do I know this but as a fan I cant help but try and remember the past.
    I agree with you and its really easy to do. I wasn't accusing you of anything btw I was just making a general statement. There are a few people around here that think there is some predictive value in looking at past players when there's really no correlation between different players short of them all playing for the Cubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Me too! And then he blasted 6 RBI in the game!!
    It's a double edged sword. It was a great game for him. On the other hand, his first game may end up being the best game he ever plays his entire career.
    I'm not as think as you bad off I am...
    I have a split personality, and so do I.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920