Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    You don't get to complain about something that's provided for free. Going after Marlin is a bannable offense in these parts. Not to mention Marlin called the Grilli rumors way before anyone did.

As far as the Stewart signing goes, it's pretty meh. Like Jilly said, it gives Vitters a likely chance at 3b. My problem is, the way this season is going there's not going to be much to look forward to. Last year we had Rizzo, Vitters and Jackson all highly touted and we could at least look at what they have to offer. Unless we trade for some young guys, that excitement really isn't there.

And Milner, as far as Stewarts character issues go, he decided to go home and rehab by himself instead of sticking with the team. I don't think that went over very well.
    Thank you, sir.

I get how that could ruffle some feathers. At the same time, you want your assets healthy and maybe he felt he could better do that at home. IDK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StrandedCub View Post
    Man, some of you are extremely annoying. It's to the point where I don't even like coming in here anymore.
    yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsunami View Post
    yup

vCash
    Even those that are upset with the plan havent behaved badly. This team isn't very good right now and the long term outlook isn't that great either right now. I think people have the right to be upset. I'm sure all of us would like to be happy about this team. I don't think anyone is complaining just to complain. For the most part it's been a healthy debate. What good is it if we all agree on everything? Then no real discussion takes place. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows right now.
    Last edited by Mell413; 12-07-2012 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    I agree Mell, but get over to the Bears GT and start post padding, we need you. Same goes for all resident Bears fans.

vCash
    Say it with D/R/T:

You're gonna be ooooook. You're gonna be ooooook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOsFMMjdHrc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Even those that are upset with the plan have behaved badly. This team isn't very good right now and the long term outlook isn't that great either right now. I think people have the right to be upset. I'm sure all of us would like to be happy about this team. I don't think anyone is complaining just to complain. For the most part it's been a healthy debate. What good is it if we all agree on everything? Then no real discussion takes place. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows right now.

Hey guys, just take this one message home for the holidays with you...

THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN CHICAGO, MOREOVER THE NORTH SIDE.

The Cubs should always be good. With the financial resources, attendance, WGN/Comcast, commerce in an amazing neighborhood, merchandise.

I understand the need for new plan and way of doing things, but this organization is going on 5 down years in row amid 105 years of losing.

It's simply bad for business.

One of the hardest decisions I had to make was giving up my season tix after 10 years. I simply cannot justify giving my money to this organization anymore that flat-out admits it's not trying to win, ALL THE WHILE still charging the THIRD HIGHEST TICKET PRICES in baseball.

It's now become arrogant and audacious.

Guys, please, listen to old Uncle Bud, it's all a joke. Any "normal" business would have closed its doors years ago. We simply cannot perpetuate these kinds of poor business practices.

If the Ricketts family starts taking lessons from the McCaskey clan, then we're in for some serious trouble.

You have to spend money to make money. You can spend the right money now for potential trade later, further build up the minors for the future, while putting out a winning product on the field NOW.

The Cubs have these resources and would pack the place even more by doing so.

Whether it's the Bears, or the Bulls, or the Cubs, you HAVE to address the needs of the team, as compared to your competition, in order to be a competent, consistently successful organization.

As a sports business, you OWE your paying customers nothing less than the best effort and value for the money people pay.

The Bears didn't beef up the O-line to protect their franchise behind center, now look. All they've been shown to do is beat up on tomato cans until further notice.

The Bulls never gave D-Rose another scorer or two, like most championship-caliber teams, now look. His future is questionable and the Bulls are stuck with a .500, non-contending team with a handful of mediocre to better-than-average players.

This whole sports thing isn't Theoretical Physics, guys, it's rudimentary numbers and business skills that the professional sports teams in this town, for the most part, fail at on a consistent basis.

All the stats you guys want to cite and regurgitate is pedantic without the big picture falling into place.

My advice is to stop wasting your time.

I mean, are you excited about your 2013 Chicago Cubs at this point? Do you really want to see Ian Stewart, David DeJesus, and Nate Schierholtz in the starting lineup AND PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR IT?

Let's get real.
    There are two factions of Cubs fans. Ones that live it, and ones that only visit it. The former are incredulous, while the latter are the problem.

vCash
    If the Cubs are good then they might sacrifice being Lovable or worse....efficiently Lovable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BUD Bleachers View Post

The Cubs should always be good. With the financial resources, attendance, WGN/Comcast, commerce in an amazing neighborhood, merchandise.

I understand the need for new plan and way of doing things, but this organization is going on 5 down years in row amid 105 years of losing.

One of the hardest decisions I had to make was giving up my season tix after 10 years. I simply cannot justify giving my money to this organization anymore that flat-out admits it's not trying to win, ALL THE WHILE still charging the THIRD HIGHEST TICKET PRICES in baseball.

Guys, please, listen to old Uncle Bud, it's all a joke. Any "normal" business would have closed its doors years ago. We simply cannot perpetuate these kinds of poor business practices.

If the Ricketts family starts taking lessons from the McCaskey clan, then we're in for some serious trouble.

You have to spend money to make money. You can spend the right money now for potential trade later, further build up the minors for the future, while putting out a winning product on the field NOW.

Whether it's the Bears, or the Bulls, or the Cubs, you HAVE to address the needs of the team, as compared to your competition, in order to be a competent, consistently successful organization.

As a sports business, you OWE your paying customers nothing less than the best effort and value for the money people pay.

The Bears didn't beef up the O-line to protect their franchise behind center, now look. All they've been shown to do is beat up on tomato cans until further notice.

The Bulls never gave D-Rose another scorer or two, like most championship-caliber teams, now look. His future is questionable and the Bulls are stuck with a .500, non-contending team with a handful of mediocre to better-than-average players.

This whole sports thing isn't Theoretical Physics, guys, it's rudimentary numbers and business skills that the professional sports teams in this town, for the most part, fail at on a consistent basis.

All the stats you guys want to cite and regurgitate is pedantic without the big picture falling into place.

I mean, are you excited about your 2013 Chicago Cubs at this point? Do you really want to see Ian Stewart, David DeJesus, and Nate Schierholtz in the starting lineup AND PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR IT?

Let's get real.
    I love you BB!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Who taught BB paragraph structure? They should be murdered.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I don't like him lan stewarts hitting stinks BUT he's better. than vitters., heck I'm better than vitters! Lol ( why we let aram get away??? Ohhhh rebuilding I forgot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Who taught BB paragraph structure? They should be murdered.
    I'm just excited he's back. This place is joyous w him!

vCash
    I'm honestly surprised it took him this long to show up. I expected him to make his obligatory essay on the first page of this thread.

vCash

Let's get real.

dont always agree with you but yeah im with you here
    salud brother

vCash

Let's get real.
    tl;dr (Too long; didn't read).

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast