Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What's the definition of useful? I just wish we could have someone that could be above average. I'm tired of the 2 war types. We need more at some point. I could be too hard.on him because I expected more from him but to get where I want this team to go we need someone to Breakout

vCash
    Oh. His character issue is that he sucks.

We need more at some point.
    That point is 3 years from now at league minimum wage, or nothing.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-07-2012 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Wittenmeyer said that the team considers him the starting 3b going into spring and is looking for a backup infielder and nothing more in that area.

That's a bit more than just giving him a spring tryout.
    Unless they are full of **** to get him to sign and a reporter is wrong...

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't look for someone else...Reynolds is the best option available, no? But that's different than just cutting him and going with valbuena until they decide to try vitters again
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Yeah, he probably is the starting 3b going into the spring. I assume Vitters starts the year in AAA. A month into the season I fully expect it to be a position up for grabs. If Stewart gets off to a good start, then great, you've added a useful piece for cheap. If not, then hand it off to Vitters and see what he can do with the at bats.

vCash
    It's gonna be okay all. I know these meeting didn't go the way any of us wanted them too; but maybe we all just espected too much when we were being told (almost) not to.

It was a very quiet week for most teams so you cant say we really did anything wrong. The market is just kinda messed up this year and we weren't fully ready to spend.

At the end of the day baseball is just a game. Don't let this ruin your lives or blow it out of proportion. As long as your all healthy and have a home just be happy.

I close with a quote that has stuck with me lately (aimed at the baseball franchise we all dearly love in this instance)

"It'll be okay. Even it's not okay it'll be okay."

There. I'm done preaching.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    If we were just going to play guys like Vitters and Jackson and see what you have wouldn't it have made more sense to do that last year? If we do that this year it feels like we wasted 2 of the 5 years Theo has here . Something seems uneasy to me about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    If we were just going to play guys like Vitters and Jackson and see what you have wouldn't it have made more sense to do that last year? If we do that this year it feels like we wasted 2 of the 5 years Theo has here . Something seems uneasy to me about that.
    were building a great farm system and a band aid full of players on the roster spots which i think ******** since were a high revenue team....people need to stop going to games ... ill admit they have done an absolute great job with the farm but it sickens me that it was done at the expense of losing...now were gonna get better by losing prolly 95 games give or take? ****ing ********...so yeah basically the first 2 years of the 5 maybe 3 of slow time consuming years of hell

vCash
    I think it makes more sense to do it when you think they are ready.

vCash
    I'd be surprised if they lose 95 games

vCash
    He should be paying us for another chance...$2 million, give me a break

vCash
    At this point, I just don't see Vitters being useful at all. Here's hoping he kills it at AAA and forces a promotion and steals the job, but I won't hold my breath on it.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mychisports View Post
    I miss Marlin the tip provider. Now it's Marlin the Hendry-apologist/Epstein basher. I would venture to say Stewart is better at hitting baseballs than Marlin has been at predicting moves lately...
    You don't get to complain about something that's provided for free. Going after Marlin is a bannable offense in these parts. Not to mention Marlin called the Grilli rumors way before anyone did.

As far as the Stewart signing goes, it's pretty meh. Like Jilly said, it gives Vitters a likely chance at 3b. My problem is, the way this season is going there's not going to be much to look forward to. Last year we had Rizzo, Vitters and Jackson all highly touted and we could at least look at what they have to offer. Unless we trade for some young guys, that excitement really isn't there.

And Milner, as far as Stewarts character issues go, he decided to go home and rehab by himself instead of sticking with the team. I don't think that went over very well.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    go cubs
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    go cubs
    eat a sock

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast