Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like this move. Not because I have any faith in Stewart(I don't), but because I think this is the 3b option with the best odds of Josh Vitters getting a long look.

Stewart's going to be good or he's going to suck. Most likely the latter. The other 3b options; Polanco, Hannahan, and Reynolds, all have a good chance of being bad but not so bad they deserve to lose their job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I believe Marlin to actually be GOD so...I hope he smites all of you ungrateful wretches.

If loving marlin is wrong, I dont wanna be right.
    That's some scarry classic **** for your *** right there. HA HA HA!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Posted something similar to this in a separate thread:

Stewarts defense has trended upwards the last 3 years. His walk rate has been maintained over 10%. The true causality of his hitting demise was these bone spurs in his wrist, which have been removed. There is the possibility Stewart outplays his contract, monetarily, by 4x the value. That would make him an average player in terms of WAR. If it comes down to Stewart given another shot at the starting gig, I will be 100% fine with it given the weak market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    I like this move. Not because I have any faith in Stewart(I don't), but because I think this is the 3b option with the best odds of Josh Vitters getting a long look.

Stewart's going to be good or he's going to suck. Most likely the latter. The other 3b options; Polanco, Hannahan, and Reynolds, all have a good chance of being bad but not so bad they deserve to lose their job.
    Interesting way to look at it. A somewhat optimistic, yet realistic view. I hope you're right.

vCash
    I could see Vitters getting a second shot fa sho.

vCash
    Signing Stewart and Schierholtz the moves themsevles aren't really bad. Both guys are going into their prime years. They both have talent and a little upside still. Not to mention have years of control still left. So if they do play better we can keep them beyond this year if we want. The problem is we are still lacking another big time bat. If we had another stud hitter with Rizzo, Castro and Soriano. Signing these guys to platoon and bat 2nd and 7th would be very smart moves. But since we don't have another big bat, well these moves are very boring then. Either way if these signings depress you. Well just remember we use to have a GM who would give a guy like Neifi Perez and Aaron Miles for more then what these two signed for.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    I'm fine with this.
    if we were closer, it would be a different story.
    Stewart is still only 27, so he has that on his side.
    His road career #s aren't much different than Coors field #s.
    What other realistic options were there?
    I'm sure this won't stop us, if a better option arises.
    Maybe he could even play some 2nd if barney gets moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I could see Vitters getting a second shot fa sho.
    or maybe jr lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Ew is right...Ian Stewart is injury prone garbage. I would rather see ole Luis V. Out there to be honest.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Jilly brings up a good point but why do we need to give Vitters a long look? I don't see what he's done to warrant that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Jilly brings up a good point but why do we need to give Vitters a long look? I don't see what he's done to warrant that
    1 bad MLB stint doesn't really murder you as a prospect. Knocks you down, but not murdered. Remember, Rizzo was crap his first MLB stint.

You send him back to AAA and maybe he gets an idea. He hit well enough in AAA last year to where he's earned one look, if he can hit well again, he'll earn at least one more.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I am not going to hammer him too hard for a bad callup(particularly given his sporadic play time), and prior to that he was hitting very well despite being one of the youngest players in AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    I am not going to hammer him too hard for a bad callup(particularly given his sporadic play time), and prior to that he was hitting very well despite being one of the youngest players in AAA.
    No reason to completely give up on Vitters (or Jackson for that matter) so that is a good point. This signing should open up some opportunity for Vitters since it is virtually certain that Stewart will suck or get hurt before June. Hopefully he gets a better opportunity then his last time up there.

Although it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if both Vitters and Jackson are wearing different uniforms next year.

vCash
    Although it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if both Vitters and Jackson are wearing different uniforms next year.
    Not only would it not surprise me, but we all would probably be pleased.

vCash
    At this point, anything world be very pleasing.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast