Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    There wasn't much out there after Youkilis, Chavez and Keppinger so might as well give Stewart another chance. He did show some good defense and flashes of power last year. A good offseason working hard and getting healthy and he could be a breakout candidate next year
    Yeah he probably only deserves a minor league deal after two years of being bad and hurt. But given the weak market for 3rd basemen, I'm sure some team would have signed him to a similar contract.
    "Too big, too strong, too fast, too good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Well umm that's why he had the ****ing surgery...(NO)?
    That worked out great for Derrek Lee didn't it? Wrist injuries are not a simple fix, they linger and often come back due to the weekend area and the constant stress on the wrist that comes with baseball. I'm just saying, wrist injuries do not have the highest success rate for hitters.
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin25 View Post
    I agree he has some pop, takes some walks and has solid glove at third. If he can hit 240 with 18-20 HR he will be ok. Given the market and lack of quality 3rd basemen available. Trying Stewart again to see if he can get healthy and give us better results is worth a shot I guess. I just wish we had more of a sure thing then him. But it's either this or trying to move someone like Alex Gonzalez or Kelly Johnson to third or heck maybe even Clevenger.
    Before Stewart's wrist injury he was a beast/monster/godzilla feared...however he has not been healthy since his breakout season and they could never find the issue with the wrist until this year and now he should be fixed. If you know baseball as 1908 or anyone who has ever played baseball can attest your wrists mean everything.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Bring on the shitstorm!
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    I want Stewart's agent!
    Any agent of a 3rd basemen this off season is probably happy. I hear there is bidding war for Jack Hannahan.

vCash
    Before Stewart's wrist injury he was a beast/monster/godzilla feared...however he has not been healthy since his breakout season and they could never find the issue with the wrist until this year and now he should be fixed. If you know baseball as 1908 or anyone who has ever played baseball can attest your wrists mean everything.
    Exactly, and surgeries have meh success at fixing the problem...
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFan/Realist View Post
    That worked out great for Derrek Lee didn't it? Wrist injuries are not a simple fix, they linger and often come back due to the weekend area and the constant stress on the wrist that comes with baseball. I'm just saying, wrist injuries do not have the highest success rate for hitters.
    Do you know what the injury was? If not then again STAY QUIET. Different injuries lead to different things...don't make up **** just to continue your misguided point. Derek Lee Broke his ****ing wrist and they knew what the issue was. Derek Lee was also 33 years old.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan/realist View Post
    exactly, and surgeries have meh success at fixing the problem...
    ignored!

vCash
    Any chance surgery is going to magically shorten his swing and make him hit the inside fastball?

vCash
    What did they do differently in 2011 with his wrist? He had surgery that season as well right?
    Last edited by cubswin25; 12-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Oh great, you guys have someone who calls themselves a "realist" on this forum too? Ugh..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Meh not too bad of a contract. That's dirt cheap. bumps our payroll up to around 8 dollars now.

its like there playing monopoly smart with a major league roster...like ok mad props for farm system but yet another losing season and we save money like gieco..like ok great product on the field whatever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    That doesn't mean the surgery is going to fix his wrist.
    Do you have access to the sites where it says his surgery was sucessful and he feels no more pain?

vCash
    Do you know what the injury was? If not then again STAY QUIET. Different injuries lead to different things...don't make up **** just to continue your misguided point. Derek Lee Broke his ****ing wrist and they knew what the issue was. Derek Lee was also 33 years old.
    I'm in ****ing medical school, so yes, I do know what I'm talking about. The wrist is a ****ing cluster **** when you mess it up, and it is never the same when you have surgery on it unless the conditions are "perfect". He will most likely have limited mobility and be a tik slower with his wrists, even with the best of orthopedic surgeons operating on it! It's not an easy fix, and yes, I do know what I'm talking about!
    The Future...
    Is Bright!!

vCash
    I cant believe some of you guys are still defending him.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast