Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pete Myers to the Chicago Bulls: why did that ever happen?

Quick question for the old-timers:

I was thinking about this today and even though I lived through that era I was too little to remember such free agency details.

So back when MJ retired for the first time and the Bulls were left with a hole in the SG spot they went out and got Pete Myers. My question is why the hell did they choose him and not some other scorer? Cause by looking at Myers' stats he was never actually good before his Chicago stint,

I mean, I'm sure the Bulls could've found a guy better than Pete, whose best scoring average for a season until then was 5.1 PPG...

Because Bulls

We swung and missed quite a few times in the past.

Jordan announced his retirement on October 6, 1993. Training camp was just about to begin and there wasn't much to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by arlubas View Post
    Quick question for the old-timers:

I was thinking about this today and even though I lived through that era I was too little to remember such free agency details.

So back when MJ retired for the first time and the Bulls were left with a hole in the SG spot they went out and got Pete Myers. My question is why the hell did they choose him and not some other scorer? Cause by looking at Myers' stats he was never actually good before his Chicago stint,

I mean, I'm sure the Bulls could've found a guy better than Pete, whose best scoring average for a season until then was 5.1 PPG...

Myers was actually on the knicks before the Bulls and i loved him. He was an eiite level perimeter defender. Those Bulls were as much about Micheal Scottie and Horce all being able to defend and pressure defend everyone one the perimeter on D as they about Micheal on O. Pete was actually a great fit. They still had Scottie, BJ (who people were very high on at the time), Horce, and Tony to try and put the ball in the hole. I am sure they would have liked someone that could put the ball in the hole as well but Pete was a great fit on D.
    Last edited by ewing; 08-22-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Myers first played with the Bulls during the 1986-87 season. He played with the Knicks in 1988-89.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Myers first played with the Bulls during the 1986-87 season. He played with the Knicks in 1988-89.

he plays for the knicks prior to going to the Bulls after Michael left. This is where i saw him and liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.