Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dead horse Beasley bashing.

This has been a season-long trend as the Suns are nearly 21 points per 100 possessions better when Beasley sits than when he plays, according to the NBAs stats tool. Almost all of this difference comes at the defensive end, as the Suns possess a superb 95.0 defensive rating when he sits and an abysmal 114.7 rating when he plays.
    To put that in perspective, the Suns without Beasley would be the best defensive team in the NBA but they are the worst by seven points per 100 possessions when hes on the floor, which is a pretty wide margin that covers the difference between the No. 11 and No. 30 defensive teams in the league.
    Read more: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/12/0...#ixzz2E7SNpZ4l

Night after night he is crushing any hope this team has of winning games. The guy is as bad defensively as anyone could possibly be, and on offense he currently rates as among the worst players in the league right now. And he just had a quote in the paper the other day where he claims his defense is fine and that no one on the team is clearly outplaying him. Not only is he awful but he is exceptionally stupid. The coaches are telling him his defense is costing him PT and he rather plainly ignores them.

This offseason a lot of you didnt believe me when I said Beasley is a truly horrible player, I was not exaggerating. The guy is wretched. If anything I understated how bad he is.

vCash
    I thought he'd be better offensively.

He's helping us secure a better draft pick though, for that we should be happy

vCash
    Yeah Beasley is stinking the place up. I wasn't as high on him as others on this board, i'd call myself open-minded about it but not happy. I still have hope that he can put it together at some point in the duration of his contract... not a lot, but some. I still consider him as one of the more talented players in the league, he's just clueless.

To be honest though Phrazbit, you did also start a thread about us signing o'neal in which you bashed him multiple times and called it a terrible signing, yet he's been one of our better defensive players to this point. Infact per 48 minutes he's having one of his best seasons ever. Goes to show that nobody can really guess how a player is going to play.

If your negative about enough things (and you were) you're bound to be right about something. You're overall cynicism hurt your arguments about how bad Beasley is, even though you turned out to be correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Yeah Beasley is stinking the place up. I wasn't as high on him as others on this board, i'd call myself open-minded about it but not happy. I still have hope that he can put it together at some point in the duration of his contract... not a lot, but some. I still consider him as one of the more talented players in the league, he's just clueless.

To be honest though Phrazbit, you did also start a thread about us signing o'neal in which you bashed him multiple times and called it a terrible signing, yet he's been one of our better defensive players to this point. Infact per 48 minutes he's having one of his best seasons ever. Goes to show that nobody can really guess how a player is going to play.

If your negative about enough things (and you were) you're bound to be right about something. You're overall cynicism hurt your arguments about how bad Beasley is, even though you turned out to be correct.
    My issue with O'Neal was I didnt understand the point. I didnt get the purpose of a lotto bound, rebuilding team signing a well past his prime center who cant stay healthy. He has played surprisingly well when he has been on the court but also has missed a lot of time and is now injured.

I also hated the Eric Gordon signing, I feel pretty vindicated on that one too.

But I had far more venom for the Beasley signing. Signing a truly awful player to a multiyear deal was an abhorrent move. The sucks the life out of teams and its virtually impossible to compete with a player as bad as him on the court unless you have a true superstar that can make up for Beasley unreal level of suck.

But I didnt hate every move, I liked Dragic, I like the Lopez trade (not for Wes but for the stockpiling of picks), I was totally fine with Brown on his contract.

And while I was criticized for supposed pessimism, IMO people just didnt like to hear some objectivity, because the "pessimistic" views before this year look like the far more accurate ones. There have been many seasons where I liked the moves the Suns made, but I am not going to apologize for calling a spade a spade when the front office is acquiring horrible players.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 12-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post

Exactly. And if we're trying to lose and secure a good draft pick, then we should have no problem with Beasley's performance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Exactly. And if we're trying to lose and secure a good draft pick, then we should have no problem with Beasley's performance
    FINALLY!!!!! . I didn't want to say anything but thank you lol. Everybody is saying how we should build through the draft. Worst case scenario is that Beasley ends up actually "getting it" and he plays good. Best case is that he continues his slump then we end up with a top 5 pick. It's not like he is crippling us financially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    FINALLY!!!!! . I didn't want to say anything but thank you lol. Everybody is saying how we should build through the draft. Worst case scenario is that Beasley ends up actually "getting it" and he plays good. Best case is that he continues his slump then we end up with a top 5 pick. It's not like he is crippling us financially.
    Except that was not even remotely what either of you were saying earlier in the year.

I agree that getting a high pick is in the Suns best interest, I just wish we could be doing it with guys who at least try out there and maybe could be part of something in the future instead of wasting time on a complete POS like Beasley.

vCash
    Lol I said it a few posts up in this thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Except that was not even remotely what either of you were saying earlier in the year.

I agree that getting a high pick is in the Suns best interest, I just wish we could be doing it with guys who at least try out there and maybe could be part of something in the future instead of wasting time on a complete POS like Beasley.
    It wouldn't surprise me if none of our current roster are still with us in 3 years time. I can even see us possibly trading Dragic again, in a year or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if none of our current roster are still with us in 3 years time. I can even see us possibly trading Dragic again, in a year or two.
    I agree, I would guess that Dragic is the safest guy on the roster but no one is untouchable. One site has Beasley's final year being non-guaranteed, if thats the case then I think the only players on our current team that are even likely to be here in TWO years are Dragic and probably Marshall...

Oh, and Frye.

vCash

Because everybody knows the potential of Beasley. But you can ask everybody here we all said this is a win win for the Suns because even if sunsfan and myself are disappointed with Beasley's performance we still get a high pick.

vCash
    he's a beast on 2k13, posting up other small forwards

vCash
    The silver lining: Beaz = High Draft and its only $6mil. We almost had to eat Eric Gordon's $13.6.

vCash
    Because everybody knows the potential of Beasley. But you can ask everybody here we all said this is a win win for the Suns because even if sunsfan and myself are disappointed with Beasley's performance we still get a high pick.
    Signing a horrible player is not a win. The franchise displaying a real lack of acumen in signing a scrub like Beasley and nearly monumentally screwing themselves by signing Gordon.

If Sleazley was on a one year contract then MAYBE you could make a "win win" tanking argument, but we amnestied Childress only to sign an even worse player to the same pay scale... thats not a win. Its failure.

And for those of you that really wanted the Suns to fight for a late playoff seed then Beasley is really screwing the pooch. When Beasley is not on the court the team isnt that bad. Statistically they're an above average team and very good defensively... but when Beasley is in the game they are one of the worst teams in basketball.

At the rate we're going (an ~30 win pace) we will not get a high pick OR contend for the playoffs.
    Last edited by Phrazbit; 12-05-2012 at 02:38 AM.

vCash

Find me one post in which I said Beasley would be good for us. All I have ever said and still am saying is that Beasley was worth a try. Granted we should have signed him for cheaper $$ but we needed to reach a certain ## of $$ in capspace so maybe that led to it idk.

Don't really care anymore though. I'm on the Suns tank bandwagon now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast